1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Food Rarity (Cosmetic change) 1.1

Food Rarity gives you a better idea of how good many food items really are!

1. noname2tellu

noname2tellu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

noname2tellu submitted a new mod:

Food Rarity (Cosmetic change) - Food Rarity gives you a better idea of how good many food items really are!

Read more about this mod...

2. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

wow! this a cool mod. I must ask, did you have to sort through everything to label what is good and what's not? or does it automatically do that? :unsure:

3. noname2tellu

Just as a heads up on what is happening to this mod when 1.0 gets released: It will be updated, but could take some time. Hopefully it will updated within a few hours or at most a few days. This mod and others I have made were created more as an example of some things that could be done and to practice modding Starbound.

I'm playing Starbound through Steam and will be playing for quite a bit when 1.0 releases.

This mod is for STABLE only!

This mod currently works fine for the current STABLE version of Starbound (Beta V. Glad Giraffe - Update 3 shown in game).

Remember mods go in the Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods
    Example: Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\myMod\myMod.modinfo

If you have any crashes or problems feel free to post in this thread your Starbound.log file in a spoiler tag. I may be able to help.

The easiest thing to do for debugging what mods are causing problems is backing up your universe,player, and mods folders somewhere safe. Then you delete them (to make sure you are starting fresh for debugging). Make sure Starbound launches once without any mods. Then add one mod at a time. After you add a mod create a NEW character and make sure that the mod works. (You may want to delete your player and universe folders each time before adding a new mod to try and make sure things are working together correctly without a problem from universe / player stuff.)

I'll try to check these threads on occasion because 1.0 is realeasing soon.

Most likely I will be adding my mods to the Steam Workshop when support for that arrives. I will try to keep the mods on the site updated too, but it depends on how easy it will be to manage them on the Steam Workshop (and what bugs they will face there).

Really late to the reply, but...
    These changes were done by hand. It took some time, but a lot of it was done using notepad++ to show values for items (health healed) and then using guidelines to determine what rarity the item would be.

There was no automation, but it wasn't as bad as you might think :p.

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  4. noname2tellu

noname2tellu updated Food Rarity (Cosmetic change) with a new update entry:

Updated for Starbound 1.0!

Read the rest of this update entry...