1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

/spawnitem weapon parameters?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by PHUNKIEZERO, Dec 20, 2015.

1. PHUNKIEZERO

PHUNKIEZERO Void-Bound Voyager

So my main character is unusable (Death glitch, crashed when I died, game crashes whenever I try to load that character now), I'll use another character.
    While getting my armor was easy enough, spawning weapons only seems to spawn low level weapons.
    Using uncommonshotgun or rarepistol and such, only results in weapons you expect to run across on a harmless/mostly-harmless planet, my character was one boss fight from being able to go to fiery star worlds (extreme).

TL;DR
    Main question
    What are the weapon parameters used to spawn in weapons with the /spawnitem admin command?

2. Cally94

Cally94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The new parameters are a pain lol
    However, the short version is you want the '{"level":[1-10]}' parameter at the end of the /spawnitem command. i.e. if I wanted a rare pistol of the highest level I would enter this command:

/spawnitem rarepistol 1 '{"level":10}'

Hope this helps because MY GOD is it a pain to find any info on this. I just now found and tested this method after coming across this post. I saw you use the word "parameter" and realized that was a word I had forgotten to throw in a Google search. Doing so led me to stumble across a reddit post, so thanks for that lol.

Here is the link to the Reddit post with all known weapon parameters: https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/3wnxwo/spawning_items_ingame_with_any_specs_and_looks/ (Thanks The | Suit for allowing me todo this :) )

Hope it works for you, if you haven't found a solution already. Best wishes :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    BioBrain and FooFooFoo like this.
  3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I manually upped your post count - so you should be able to post the link now.

Cally94 likes this.
  4. Cally94

Cally94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Updating my first post now

5. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Currently the highest tier level for weapons is 6, I believe, so keep in mind that levels 7-10 will be op.

Cally94 likes this.
  6. A Random Person

A Random Person Orbital Explorer

but how do you make real custom weapons like the ones featured in this video
    i have tried to spawn in stuff like a rocket launcher that can shoot orbofzots as primary and redglobe as secundary but it never works