1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Windows 10 Bluescreen at random points.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Altairnightmare, Dec 24, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altairnightmare

Altairnightmare Void-Bound Voyager

Greetings,

I don't play starbound too often, but these days i was trying to start again when i realised that when i used a specific challenge portal, my windows freeze and then i got the bluescreen.

Tried two more times for instance and it keeps the same way. After that i tried to use the normal(64-bit) version, after that i could use the portal normally.

At some other point, not very specific (exploring the first world), i also got it but can't detail too much.

After some time i went to the outpost to take the initial quests, after taking all of them and completing some, when i warped out of the outpost i got BSOD again.

I still can play again sure, but is there something i'm missing from "which starbound should i lanch?(openGL or normal)" or which data i can provide to help with such problem. Seached the forums for bluescreen problems but i tried "Bluescreen","BSOD","Bluescreen of death" and i couldn't find anything (which means, if there is already something of such topic, my apologies).

2. shadowumbreon

shadowumbreon Big Damn Hero

I just had this happen after about an hour of play. I returned to the outpost, it started lagging and then crash.

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Try the open GL version.

Otherwise it is a known issue with windows 10, and there is nothing Chucklefish can do about it. Ive not had issue though.

Altairnightmare likes this.
  4. Altairnightmare

Lazarus78, thank you for answering.

I was going to try using openGL and i notice that my character is not there anymore (it's probaly the know problem you said, sorry again to burden about it)

and of course no problem about not having the solution at the moment.

5. Gaminggumper

Gaminggumper Void-Bound Voyager

I've had the same problem since the Upbeat Giraffe update, but then didn't really play since upgrading to Windows 10 prior to this. As you stated the BSOD happens when teleporting either to the outpost, or to Unstable Challenge portals. I first encountered when the forums were down so I sent Molly an email with my Starbound logs. I've attached here in case someone else wants to take a look. These were labelled "*.log.1" like this through 5.[DOUBLEPOST=1451140650][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Can you site the post where its listed as a know issue. The BSOD did site a direct X driver, I assume that the OpenGL version avoids the BSOD?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  6. shadowumbreon

shadowumbreon Big Damn Hero

I have been browsing the forums and it appears other people are experiencing this as well, it will probably just be some time and Chuckle will get a fix for it. I am not sure it's a Windows issue because this is the only it game it happens to me on.

7. lazarus78

1. Cite*, not site.

2. Just google the BSOD error and you will see it is a common issue among many windows 10 users with many different games. In theory, yes the OpenGL version should not have the issue, but that isn't always the case. Like I said, it is not a Starbound issue.

8. Altairnightmare

Feedback from these days using openGL(64-bits): really solved my problem, some tiers of progression and the only thing i got was enemies fps drop.

And i guess it's really a problem from windows 10, it was just wierd that starbound was the only one that got me the bluescreen

thanks for the help!

9. lazarus78

Software does not cause BSODs itself, it can only trigger it by calling up something that is actually broken.

The | Suit likes this.
  10. Altairnightmare

Yeah, that was kinda ignorant/wrong from my part, my apologies.

11. Alaine

Alaine Guest

BSOD, is typicall error in WIN 10, because 10 version is crap

Altairnightmare likes this.
  12. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I have been running windows 10 since it has launched. Never had a single BSOD.

13. lazarus78

Ditto. Ive not even had the related BSOD people have been getting with Starbound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.