Chat Website Music Chat Room

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
?

What should next week's theme be?

1. 80's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 90's

50.0%
  3. Pop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2000's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dubstep

50.0%
  7. Anything Goes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Welcome to Hel's Music Chat room!! [1.03]
    I have created a channel for all of us to have a chat and share some of your favourite songs. It does need you to sign up though. The website is called https://synctube.org

Don't be afraid to not use it if the channel is empty. Just invite your friends and have fun!

The Channel is located here: https://synctube.org/r/Chucklefish_Forums_Music_Room and the password on entry has been removed as part of my 3rd update, released 7th February 2016.

The playlist is a channel based playlist. So it is a nice collaboration of every member's music. So don't hesitate to add your music onto it to share to everyone.

If you have any problems with the channel message me and I help you or with Moderators and Administrators of the website.

I personally will be around Sunday Nights about 6pm UK time. If these nights become successful then they might be more often during the week.

Press Here to see the countdown for the next event.

Channel Moderators/Administrators
    Founders:

Hel [Hel]

Administrators:

HelsTest (Just my test account to see if things work well)
    Cup O' Tea [CupOTea]

Moderators:

Kisspower12 [Kisspower12]
    Kaiachi [Kaiachi]
    Firepaw Da Cat [Firepaw497]
    Crossfang [Crossfang]

Changes to our Music Room:

- Removed dust off post and the room. Back after a looooong break.

- Removed ALL Moderators from the room. This has been done because the music room is going through a major re shuffle. Sorry guys.
    - Password has been removed upon entry. No password needs to be entered anymore.
    - Added even more emotes from @Crossfang 's list.
    - Added new Room background featuring mine and @Cup o' Tea 's Starbound Characters. More characters will be added soon... Hopefully.

- Added a background to the room to give it a Starboundy feel.
    - Added in @Crossfang 's emotes for use in the chat.
    - Playlist no longer saves songs. It plays and the song will need to be re added to play it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Roubo, Crossfang, Cally94 and 9 others like this.
  2. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I love Synctube, and this looks interesting! I'll give it a shot :)

Hel likes this.
  3. Hel

You will. That's great :D

There's nothing happening though right now cus I am trying to work my way around it. Its so complicated to make a playlist

4. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

And I am there!
    Also it's okay, I don't know how to make a playlist either, it looks confusing :badpokerface:

5. Hel

I think its gonna be like a channel wide playlist rather than 1 user playlist.

I'm still testing it out.

It is open still for members to join even though I'm trying to get the hang of it.

Argthrond likes this.
  6. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Yeah a channel wide playlist would be much better

7. Hel

Actually thinking about it you need to collect all of the songs you want in a playlist first, and then you save it.

Ive just tried with a couple of songs. Whether its channel wide or user wide I still have no idea yet.

might be channel wide: It tells me who added what songs. Yep it is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Argthrond likes this.
  8. Hel

I have updated the original post with more new Moderators.

Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  9. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

I like to join the chatroom and talk to myself while thinking about how many friends I have

:D

Hel likes this.
  10. Hel

Darn this thing is never used.

C'mon people lets use this thing >:D

11. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I want to see when this things explodes and it'll crash because there's too many people using it at the same time u_u

12. Hel

I had to wipe the dust off it when I came to post :p

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  13. I'm on it right now! I can only stay for a little bit, though, I have to catch a flight in a few hours.

14. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The channel became a ghost town pretty quick.

If you want to spur activity best to start it up slower in a more organized manner.
    Choose a day of the week for people to meet up and drop in. It is more likely people will join when there is a defined time.

After a certain point if numbers increase - then the channel tends to become self sufficient as numbers swells.

Argthrond likes this.
  15. Hel

I thought maybe more people would wanna use it if they invited their friends. But when I said that to people nearly everyone never replied.

I can't really define a time when I will be there cus some days I am busy with work and some days I am just playing games with friends. I mainly set this thing up so people could join it, share music and meet new people. Its a shame this went downhill. And I have been trying myself to bump up the numbers. But it seems like nobody's really that interested.

16. The | Suit

Well essentially that is how I made it work with my old clan. We defined some random time usually once a week. Usually Wednesday evenings and we usually had a nice crowd - around 6 - 10 at first then grew over time. People eventually were in there daily by the end of it. Generally people enjoyed the atmosphere since it involved music and poker.

People generally won't join if they don't really know when others are there, that is just from experience. By setting up something more defined - you can garner more interest at specific periods.

Well this is all just from experience, but you got to decide what ever course you really want to steer the ship.
    You should ask around and see others opinions on what they feel is the best way to proceed - or you will just end up having to scuttle the ship.

Hel likes this.
  17. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I am not sure but maybe you should open a convo, add everyone who are interested in and message there whenever you want to use the chatroom, in that way everyone would get a notification and would join
    I still think The Suit's choose a day of the week thingy better tho

Hel likes this.
  18. Hel

This has really helped out. My idea really doesn't seem good anymore - Let people join at their own will with their own group and hope for the best. From now, I'll make a convo with all my Moderators (Hopefully they still wanna be my Moderators for this) and hopefully I can try to dig this up again and restart.

I'll @ them all here so they can read it, and if they want out that's fine.

Taken from Suit's idea I am going to try to use the room Sunday Nights at around 6pm. Hopefully the one night a week we see people joining and maybe stay and have another night in the week too.

I still have faith in this room to be used by a lot of the website's members. I'm not letting this burn all for nothing.

Calling the Moderators:

@Firepaw Da Cat
    @TheBigBlueSerpent
    @Kaiachi]
    @Cup o' Tea
    @kisspower12
    @Crossfang

19. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

helloyesiamhere

20. The | Suit

Padawan - there is more then one 6pm in the world.

Kaiachi and Cup o' Tea like this.