Binding of Isaac God Combos

Discussion in 'Games' started by CondescendedWow, Dec 20, 2015.

?

What's your favourite BoI game/DLC?

1. Vanilla Binding of Isaac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wrath of the Lamb DLC

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. ReBirth

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. AfterBirth

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Share your favourite god combos here! I'll work something out but hey maybe you'll win something if you get a legendary god combo, like brimstone and spoon bender!

Kingkalix likes this.
  2. Kingkalix

Kingkalix Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry bub was just getiing lost in the forums and decided to vote... for something. idk lol Anybody????

3. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

Had Monstro's Lung mixed with Tech 1 and 2, was like a disco! Anyways~ Afterbirth was such a messy release.

4. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

the classic god combo is pyro + kamikaze

5. CondescendedWow

That's absolutely terrifying, and yes it was, but it was still a big expansion to the already good game!

6. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

It was super duper small compared to Lamb

7. CondescendedWow

You sure? From all the features of Afterbirth I would say Afterbirth is a lot bigger, it adds more dynamic rooms, more bosses, a new game mode, another character(despite the fact that I think Lamb added two), and like over a 100 new items and enemies(I think that was the official statistic).
    Not to say I'm favorable over either, Lamb was amazing and I love to play it.

8. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

The stats on the Storepage lie, a ton. There's not even close to 100 New Items, most of the items are literally just re-colourings of existing ones. Same applies to the enemies, most are just retextured.

The Rooms themselves aren't worth 10-15 dollars, only around 2 dollars since they're just rooms. The new bosses are fairly unfair and pretty harsh.

Greed Mode is pretty cool, but it gets repetitive after your third playthrough.

The updated Syngery system should have been in the original game to begin with, not as a DLC. Same applies to bugfixes that effect Rebirth, but only present if you have Afterbirth.

9. CondescendedWow

Well thank you for the heads up since I haven't gotten Afterbirth yet!

10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

11. CondescendedWow

Literally I just.

D:

Pity on those poor monsters.

12. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

they are including the lower-left thingies i forget the name of in the item count. it's not a lie, they're just counting all the assets. also there have been changes in mechanics as well, and new characters, and some rebalancing.
    i would say afterbirth is totally worth it, but maybe wait for a sale if you're feeling stingy .

CondescendedWow likes this.
  13. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

Best wait until it goes on sale for 7 dollars or less. It doesn't really add anything too impressive aside from the Synergy system.

CondescendedWow likes this.
  14. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

There are technically 100 new items... Edmund says that the new trinkets also count as items. I don't really agree with that, but if that's how he sees it then it's really more like a misunderstanding. After counting the new Afterbirth items (including spacebar items) it's about 90 or 95, so even if you don't agree that trinkets are items, it's pretty close to 100 new items. Which items are re-colors of existing items, though? They all seem unique and interesting to me. I agree about the enemies though, only a handful of the added enemies are actually new.

I also agree that the new rooms aren't work 10-15 dollars, but I do think they're worth maybe 5 dollars. Again, agree with the new bosses, for the most part. About half of them are ridiculous (Rag Man shouldn't be a basement boss, Brownie is almost impossible with some builds) but some of them are alright. I really like Lil Horn, that's always a fun boss fight.

Totally agree about Greed Mode. Especially the Greed Machine.

Agree with both of these, the Synergy system is something that should have always been around, and shouldn't be locked behind a DLC. Same for bugfixes.

15. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Here's what I JUST did.

Floor 1: Find Lucky Rock trinket and enough bombs to get 15 coins. Buy Sack Head from the shop. Play. Got Satanic Bible from Devil Room, and proceeding to max out my life with Black Hearts on the first floor (Batteries from Sacks). Blow up all the things. Proceed.

Later floor: Get Steam Sale. Buy Restock. Buy a few other things, but run out of cash.

Floor before Womb/Utero: Get SECOND Steam Sale, which reduces the cost of items in the shop to 0. Buy Chaos. Sit on collectible item slot and rack up like 200 passive collectibles from all corners of the game. Stopped when I picked up Breakfast (default item) about 50 times in a row. End up with massively overpowered character, who has undergone almost all available transformations (especially Guppy for free fly generation) who fires green multi-brimstone with a button press, with Sad Bomb/Scatter Bomb/Glitter Bomb/Curse of the Tower bombs that COMPLETELY FILL THE ROOM WITH GREEN BEAMS AND GENERATE TONS OF PICKUPS.

Next floors: Proceed to sacrifice room. Grind up full Key for Chest. Angels die as soon as they appear. Kill It Lives in seconds. Proceed to Cathedral. Kill Isaac in seconds. Proceed to Chest. Kill ??? in seconds. Go to fight Mega-Satan, and the longest part of the battle was waiting for Mega-Satan to stop waiting on his dead minions. He died in less than a minute from constant brimstone bombing.

Pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gotta love conga lines.