1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lopunny Improvements 1.41 (CG)

Hip hop hooray! Ho! Hey! Ho!

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Uh... no. Sorry. I don't even like the female Lopunny has "breasts" as is, and have been meaning to change the shape of the chest so males and females are identical. You'll have to ask another modder, preferably the one who created the original... um, nudity mod... or do it yourself with an image editing program...

2. CJXXxxUnknown

CJXXxxUnknown Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I figured as much... never hurts to ask. Thanks though, and awesome work with this mod. :)

3. Mackinz

Speaking of image editing, with the constructive criticism from @Sciver on the modding IRC, I revamped the Lopunny AI tech images:

Compare (New vs. Old
    [​IMG][​IMG]

It's quite a bit more detailed and source-friendly. I am about to start recoloring the new version for the various nanosuit tech images.

But, before I do that, here's one more thing I worked on (with Sciver; alpha version included as well):

[​IMG][​IMG]

I think the end results justify the handful of hours it took.

4. RedBossMan12

RedBossMan12 Big Damn Hero

For some reason, the mod won't work for me. It's saying "Missing dependency "Lopunny" How do I fix that?

5. Mackinz

...you download and install the dependency mod which I stated was necessary in the first line of the mod page, silly.

6. RedBossMan12

RedBossMan12 Big Damn Hero

Oh ok then. Sorry about that[DOUBLEPOST=1450489043][/DOUBLEPOST]Could you link me to it please?[DOUBLEPOST=1450489757][/DOUBLEPOST]If you mean the Lopunny Race mod, I already have it and it still doesn't work

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  7. Draxula

Draxula Void-Bound Voyager

Heh, having the same issue as the guy above, got the Lopunny race mod, still get the error. Just gonna add I'm running on Glad Giraffe and I also got the Lucario race mod as well

8. Mackinz

My mod is not at fault. The modinfo file for Lopunny Improvements is properly formatted.

Code:
    {
        "name" : "LopunnyImprovements",
        "path" : ".",
        "version" : "Beta v. Pleased Giraffe",
        "requires" : ["lopunny"],
        "includes" : [],
        "metadata" : {
            "displayName" : "Lopunny Improvements",
            "author" : "Mackinz",
            "version" : "1.20",
            "description" : "A mod which improves Ochiru Yuki's Lopunny race."
        }
    }

The Lopunny mod has a slightly malformed modinfo file that should work just fine:

Code:
          {
          "name" : "lopunny",
          "version" : "Stable v. Upbeat Giraffe",
          "path" : ".",
          "dependencies" : [ ],
          "metadata": {
            "author" : "Ochiru Yuki",
            "description" : "Now you too can be a lopunny!",
            "version" : "2.5"
          }
        }

So, in other words, I am confident that the issue is related to installing the Lopunny mod. Tell me, does your file structure for the Lopunny mod resemble this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There should be NO EXTRA FOLDERS between the /mods/ folder and the /lopunny/ folder. If there is, then the mod is not installed correctly, meaning it is not recognized by the game when the game is loaded. It is a common issue people have with installing the base Lopunny (and Lucario) mod(s) where they extract the entire zip files contents instead of just the mods folder. That is due to poor organization on Ochiru Yuki's end.

Make sure you have properly installed the Lopunny mod.

9. Draxula

Draxula Void-Bound Voyager

I actually found out, it's because the Lopunny mod is inside of a folder inside the zip file... so yeah, I feel dumb. Thanks for clearing things up! Nice mod btw :3

10. ookamisoulreaper

ookamisoulreaper Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for your work on both this and the Lucario mod!

11. Mackinz

Mackinz updated Lopunny Improvements with a new update entry:

Cheerful Giraffe Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

Found something in the latest download that might be an issue; there seems to be a stray file from the Felins mod, "terrestrial_worlds.config.patch".

13. Mackinz

Delete that. Sorry that I left that in there.

I'll release a new version as soon as I'm done with NPC dialogue.

14. Mackinz

Mackinz updated Lopunny Improvements with a new update entry:

Blockloads of Placeholder Dialogue

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I not sure weather this is affecting anyone else or if it's just me, but whenever I try to eat an Oran Berry and error occurs. I mean I haven't actually been a lopunny since the 1.0 update (I played it a ton b4 the 1.0 update though, never tried the berries though), but maybe it's because I'm not a lopunny or that I'm a entirely different modded in race (the Orcana)... not sure. Also both the seeds and the berries are in the wrong categories, is that how its supposed to be? >.<

16. Mackinz

I was just thinking to myself last night about whether I had given sufficent attention to the comsumables and crops in the mod. I couldn't recall, and the answer is apparently no. So, for now, don't grow Oran Berries or eat any foodstuff made from them. I will address this when I can.

17. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright noted, thanks for the heads up! :D

18. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

I fixed the pecha and chesto berries you made for the lucario mod, try using them as a base

19. Mackinz

Actually, I just went through and updated it based on pearlpeas. Already fixed the consumables too, using salveheal in place of the old healing effect. About to test them.

By the way, I'd like to write a "lucarioDescription" for it. Since you're working on the Lucario update, do you have any idea how the Lucario would think or talk in Starbound? For example, the Novakid use a "cowboy" accent and are prone to not remembering things so they may not be able to understand fancy technology.

20. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

Actually I have been debating that. I mean I could make the dialog that of knightly descent, but I feel the lucario would have a more modern touch. They are a type of warrior pokemon....so... then the aura guardians... I am thinking that the dialogue should be along the lines of proper, spiritual, and strong minded... eto

Ex: "Hello traveler, may you aura remain calm and focused" "We keep our minds pure with meditation, and our body strong with training" "Tough times require thought, would you consider sitting and having a talk?" Stuff like that, mostly respectful but strong willed.

Although I know from Lopunny's (only based upon games and anime) They enjoy fun, can either be out-going or shy. Are serious when they fight, but are not afraid to nurture someone back to health. The are known for that whole covering their chest because they often carry as many berries as they can around. You could say they are like your community service helpers of all. Trying to care for what they can around them and protecting others from trouble when needed. Although that is about all I can say considering what I have seen from the games I have played and what I have seen of the anime, although that is only my opinion ^ ^; many people could see different.