1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed BSOD after I play Starbound for a while

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Emilson, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emilson

Emilson Master Chief

Hello everyone!

So I bought this awesome game for me and my friend. We set everything up, server and all the other stuff. No problems!
    And then, after we played for some hours, my friend went to sleep and I just played for some more hours on the server.
    And then: about 25fps, sound's stuttering, after that nothing happened. My char was in the air, BOOM, BSOD.
    K, so I wait till it says 100% on that BSOD screen but it doesn't restart. So I just restarted the pc manually.
    Next day I play alone in singleplayer. Maybe 2 hours, BOOM, BSOD. K, just restart the pc.
    And today (25.12.2015) I play again. Singleplayer, nothing special. BOOM, BSOD. I think it sayed SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgmms2.sys)
    Has anyone experienced something like this? And does anybody know how to solve it? Btw, I'm playing the 64-bit version of Starbound

2. Mandible

Mandible Subatomic Cosmonaut

Have you tried other versions?

3. Emilson

Emilson Master Chief

Like 64-bit OpenGl and the others?

4. InnocentForScratchers

InnocentForScratchers Void-Bound Voyager

Disable the autoreboot on systemcrash to identify the crashpoint!
    was it a "driver failure" or a "device failure" (software or hardware issues) or something else
    and the error code in the lower part the hex code with the mass of zeros...
    and just post this here or use youre favourized searchengine to find a solution...
    may post the log file...

and dx...bla sounds like a damaged direct x file.... visit microsoft.technet and get the update and archive packages
    and check the installed files for missing and damaged files...
    maybe youre RAM is damaged or HDD files a corrupted
    first verify the gamefiles but use steam in admin mode and may disable your av engine for this process...
    use some livedisc like hirens boot disc or a homebrewed by sardu for checking RAM (memtest recommended)
    and HDD

5. Emilson

Emilson Master Chief

That sounds complicated :D But ok, I'm goin to try it out.[DOUBLEPOST=1451137859][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm kinda unsure about all this. I don't want to completely destroy my pc. I haven't done anything like this before. Can you maybe even send some links and screens? :/

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  6. shadowumbreon

shadowumbreon Big Damn Hero

This happens to me too. After little while, my game will start to lag (on single player) and I know its coming. shortly after it will blue screen and restart.

7. Emilson

Emilson Master Chief

Ok, so today I played the 64-bit OpenGL version and didn't get the BSOD. Dunno D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.