Complete Starbound Writing Contest - December 2015

Discussion in 'Community Contests/Giveaways' started by Zebe, Dec 2, 2015.

?

Vote for the winning story.

Poll closed Jan 9, 2016.
  1. "A psychopath's peace" by Lavranzo

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. "Contest Entry" by Warget

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. "Interstellar Joyride" by Sir Wilfrey

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. "In the Dead of Winter" by The Squid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. "Terra" by petethepug

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. "The Erchius Experiment" by AliasPseudonym

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  7. "The VEP Logs" by Tatterdemalion

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  8. "The Wonderful Planet" by Mister Pixel

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I just figured out what I'm going to submit. It has nothing to do with the holidays, but it's a story I've been wanting to write for quite a while.

Zebe likes this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well that's great *is sitting on two story ideas, too uninspired to finish either one*

Tatterdemalion likes this.
  3. Tatterdemalion

Story of being a writer, amirite? I've had this idea since August.

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

But I don't know if I'll be able to enter the contest and I really want to....

Zebe and Tatterdemalion like this.
  5. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

This sounds SUPER interesting and I usually win writing contests and all that sooo I'd like to join!
    Although one question: Can I just submit my entire RP Disregard? The writing, development, plot, characters, setting, everything is there, sure it's a metric butt ton to read but I'd say it's worth a read.
    If not then I'll probably be inspired to write a fanfiction once I get my laptop back.

Zebe likes this.
  6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Nope, that isn't possible. The limit is around 2000 words, though it's not a problem if it goes over that a little. It's just that people would have the patience to read them all and vote for their favorite (I wonder how many are going to read and vote when the time comes...). I don't know about Disregard at all. Do you mean like the RP thread or something else entirely? If it's way over 2000 words then definitely no, because I doubt people would read it in its entirety. Also, making new, previously unreleased works was kind of the point here, sorry that I didn't mention that earlier.
    But good to hear you're interested too. Hopefully everyone that has expressed interest will write entries... Currently everyone in winning, and that's no fun. Although it would be sad to have 3 winners and 1 lonely loser. Oh well.

Alkanthe likes this.
  7. CondescendedWow

Damn well it's almost 2000 posts, soooo WAY over.

I honestly don't care about winning, if I win and somebody wants the prize more than me then I'd gladly relay the prize to them, it's all fun in the experience of writing!

Lava Cake, Alkanthe and Zebe like this.
  8. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Yeah. Also it looks like you meant the thread. It's like, multiple people taking part in it, so technically they would be co-writers. that'd be a mess lel

Fun in writing indeed, and that's the goal of this contest anyways: to get people writing stuff.

9. Lava Cake

Lava Cake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why is everyone on this forum so damn NICE! I swear I will get diabeetus from this kind of sweetness. >.<

10. CondescendedWow

Yeha I'd say we're all pretty big sweethearts.
    :DD:DD<3<3:laugh::laugh::love::love::kawaii::kawaii::rainbow::rainbow::rainbowbarf::rainbowbarf:

11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

*resists the urge to swear at everyone just to prove him wrong*

CondescendedWow and Zebe like this.
  12. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

I'll probably submit an entry, but I haven't even started... where did all my time go?!

13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Same. Oh so very same.

14. Tatterdemalion

I believe in all of you!

Alkanthe likes this.
  15. petethepug

petethepug Space Penguin Leader

If only Starbound was on here ;-;.
    Oh well, might as well try for particpation,

Goodluck everyone!

Zebe likes this.
  16. CondescendedWow

BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU.

Zebe likes this.
  17. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I stopped believing in myself, and guess what? I got 3/4 of the way done in just one hour. Never believe in yourself, kids. Never believe.

Zebe and Tatterdemalion like this.
  18. CondescendedWow

I'm now working on concept art for a new story I'll be throwing together, maybe I'll put these characters in some similar positions as in the RP.
    Nah.
    The story is completely different, but still gold, how about I submit the summary for my story?

Zebe likes this.
  19. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

I didn't believe in myself and achieved nothing. Then again, I achieved nothing when I believed in myself, either. I think I only get anything done when I make a sacrifice of a virgin and a goat to the dark lord Yog-Sothoth. On an unrelated note, do you know any good goat farms and asocial women?

Zebe, petethepug and The Squid like this.
  20. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

C'mon it's only a week before the contest ends. I believe in you or don't believe or how is the logic here is supposed to go.

Rules aren't saying anything about dark rituals... but they say about correctly crediting everyone.
    So the sacrifice is perfectly OK if you list Yog-Sothoth, the virgin and the goat as co-authors.