Whats your favourite Boss of all time? / most difficult boss?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Corraidhín, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ill start with the boss that took me the LONGEST time to defeat... six hours <.<

(might include spoilers)

The one and only DUAL BOSS of Dark Souls 1 "Super Londo Bros" Dragonslayer Ornstein & Smough the Executioner

this boss fight was my favourite not only because of the beautiful setting, but also because of the brutality of the challenge... right at what seemed the end of the journey, in between you and your objective was a legendary knight, accompained by his sidekick the "executioner" both charging at you relentlessly, doing what they could to stop you from reaching your goal, and one of the most memorable themes of the game as background while you desperately clinged to what little hope you had left

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Cally94, Hasps and Felipeko like this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Favorite boss was Swann in Fallout 4, simply because I built an artillery piece a few blocks away and blasted him with it. I like the fact that if you plan ahead and build them beforehand, you can give yourself a good leg up in an otherwise tricky fight.

Hardest was probably one of the hardmode Terraria bosses. I'm not sure I've actually defeated all of them on my own. I've done a couple with a friend, and even then it didn't always work.

someguy616, Ruin and Corraidhín like this.
  3. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

3rev.tsol_urenaik Phantasmal Quasar

Hardest boss for all eternity:

Most Favorite Boss:

Corraidhín likes this.
  4. Saimokdrake

Saimokdrake Void-Bound Voyager

The boss who gave me most challenge, of whom I managed to overcome, is the Unknown in Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX.:nope::poke: There are bosses so many more hard to win who gave me more challenge but... of which I did not manage to overcome. :rip:

5. Katkill

Katkill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Swine Prince from the Darkest Dungeon. Not that hard but, well, it's a giant pig with a giant cleaver and the combat music playing in the background makes it a memorable experience. Second one is the Super Soldier from Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Basically a giant cyborg that shoots panzerfausts left and right and kills you with electricity. It took me a while to notice that safe room with bulletproof glass below. Again not that hard, but he looks really cool.
    Hardest nut to crack was the final boss in Dark Souls. Not my favourite in terms of appearance and moves, but he's quite difficult to kill. Especially that I'm awful at parrying.

Corraidhín likes this.
  6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Killed him dodge-only run :p since im hopeless in parrying

7. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

For the most awesome, based upon appearance:

This is a tie between Grigori
    [​IMG]
    and the Ur.
    [​IMG]

For the most awesome, based upon story:

[​IMG]

Gilligan Lanley and Corraidhín like this.
  8. petethepug

petethepug Space Penguin Leader

That first video is the tripist boss battle I have seen in my whole life:geek:

My hardest boss is all Extreme Mode Bosses in Terraia, fighting them all at once...

Corraidhín and Ruin like this.
  9. ICHE

ICHE Master Chief

For me my favourite BOSS is jacksepticeye.
    The hardest? The bosses in the game Super Mario in GBA.

Corraidhín likes this.
  10. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The last boss of genocide of undertale.
    Between 30 and 40 tries but I still love it for some reasons :rofl:

11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hardships create some really good memories, or moments... specially when you ve beaten them! they are some of the most memorable ones![DOUBLEPOST=1450982302][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Lol a bossatronian? good one xD hes a fun lad all right

12. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

??? I don't get what you mean.

Also that is not an example of Hardest Boss, that is all around insanity and what other people call a self challenge. I mean you fight all of those bastards at once and one of them is the Final Boss, it's practically an exercise in futility.

Corraidhín likes this.
  13. petethepug

It was due to the huge amount of luck, and concentration needed in that one video. Not to mention the weird Elephant thing...
    I guess that means the hardest boss is 'unbeatable' due to it being able to not take damage, and one shot you.

Hang on I will have to find a video like this xD,

14. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Skyrim dragons in general, cant say anything about alduin yet.

15. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Most difficult boss: Tiamat from Darksiders

As very first boss in that game waaay to powerful and too difficult to fight against, even after watching video guides. In fact, that one made my ragequit the game, delete it and never look after it again (but it was so cool at first :cry:)

Most favourite boss: GLaDOS from Portal and Wheatley from Portal 2

Great game, awesome characters (sort of) and love-to-hate meanies. Would love to see a third game there :3

Felipeko and Corraidhín like this.
  16. petethepug

As I was saying before,

Skip video to 10:44
    Be aware of some swearing :/.

17. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

????? I have no idea where you're going with this. What this has to do with TERRARIA and fighting all the game's (Terraria) bosses at once?

*Look at your post that I first quoted you.*

petethepug likes this.
  18. petethepug

Previous post:

As you said 'hardest boss', I thought you were looking for 'The Hardest Boss', so I rememberd one of these old videos I found, and apparently I had found;
    Original Post Reply:

Edit: I just realized the SMT Boss can no longer be the hardest 'boss', so far as I know the Team Crafted Mod for the Hater Boss is so far.

So its kind of hard to say, 'hardest boss of eternity' xD.

19. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh well... I meant what was the hardest boss that you ENCOUNTERED :p

I have a few other "hardest" bosses that I fought and could not defeat.. specially on SNES, but they re too old to be relevant

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

LIES! No game is "too old to be relevant"... well, except for maybe pre-8bit. Gotta be at least 8Bit, because before that, it was all squares bleeps and bloops and no real "boss fights" that I know of. So, that in mind...

NES: The last boss of Battletoads. She's not too incredibly hard, BUT, if you actually reach her without cheating (I did, once!!) you are probably exhausted and need to really fight carefully and don't get caught up in her attacks (because it is almost certainly a lost life if you do). If you get extremely lucky you might survive getting hit, but you won't survive a 2nd hit, so you really have to ration your lives while fighting her, and don't take any stupid risks. It's a blood rush, because of all of the work you put into getting there (assuming you're not cheating with save states).

Honorable Mention: TMNT2: The Arcade Game. Shredder. Same deal. Takes a LOT of work to get to him, you don't want to blow it now on some stupid unnecessary risk!

SNES: Many RPG bosses are just status rushes, if you got high enough HP/Defense/Attack/Levels/whatever, you can crush whatever is in your way... but... then there are RPGs that love Bad Status Effects, such as the ones in Lufia and the Fortress of Doom. Many of the game's later bosses really lay on the pain, and if I had to pin-point any certain boss, it would be the Pirates about 75% of the way through the game. They come as a pair, you're forced to kill Bosun (horrible, horrible translation, his name should be Boatswain) first, because if you don't, he spams healing potions on his bigger brother. Kill him and his brother gets angry and starts throwing AoE attacks like crazy. If you didn't level up enough to have the Boost spell on both of your spellcasters, you are in deep doo-doo. While they're occupied with that, he likes to randomly do an AoE Confuse, and God Help You if he confuses your main front-line fighter. This happened to me once and it almost cost me the fight, even though I was overleveled. He decided he was going to hit my main healer with a critical hit and kill her in one shot. So yaaa. Note that in the video he is a bit over-leveled, you're normally supposed to be ~25-28 when fighting that guy.

Honorable Mention: FF4 has an optional boss that you must fight for the Crystal Sword. The thing immediately opens with a reflect-able mega-nuke attack that will probably kill all but one or two of your characters. There's an absolute minimum level required to kill this guy but I forget what it is. Just finding him can be hard, but if you do, you're rewarded with the best weapon in the game. If you can survive the first round, you're still in for a tough fight, and hopefully you don't get caught with your Walls down or you're gonna be getting people back up off the ground. He's arguably more difficult than the last boss is. Skip to 2:45 to see the actual fight.

See, plenty of awesome bosses in earlier generations of games.

These are 4 among many.

AmazonValkyrie and Corraidhín like this.