The Penguin Syndicate IV - Forum Mafia game - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Uh oh. Kaiachi is here. We're doomed. If anyone is my rival in cleverness, it's Kaia. RUNNN!

MilkCalf and Kaiachi like this.
  2. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

I just hope I'm not penguin again this game, or Alpaca of course.
    But if I am a penguin or the cultist this game, I already know who I should take out first >;3

611, MilkCalf, Kaiachi and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sir Wilfrey

Oh, what about the Scientist? They must all be addressed as "Wilfrey", and can perform a terrifying experiment to kill any character, but die 3 turns after!

MilkCalf and Zebe like this.
  4. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Oh no, don't run, you might trip! Instead, stroll away in a leisurely fashion, like a gentleman.

zeskorion, MilkCalf and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  5. Lonewolf239

Lonewolf239 Pangalactic Porcupine

Oy, mate. I'd like to join in on the fun.

MilkCalf, Alkanthe, Zebe and 2 others like this.
  6. Sir Wilfrey

I know that full and well, I was tricking others into running and breaking their necks! The game hasn't even started, and I'm killing people. I look forwards to my rampage of either undeniable evil, or unsuspecting innocence!

7. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I made a big fat suggestions post there right in time for the nuke

I think most of them were impractical, but I'll give you the ones I remember/have the most hope for;

The Royal Court: All glitch roles, plus a King and Queen, and 3 Glitch Couriers. The objective is to keep the King and/or Queen alive. They have one roleblock per night.

Shadow: Has one roleblock, kill, role reveal, or protect. Wins if he survives with all other civilians dead. Role reveals and roleblocks do not work on him.

Penguin Traitor: He only works for himself. He's part of the Penguins, but he wins if he is the only Penguin left alive. I think this one is especially interesting, as it would require some top tier mind-fuckery to manipulate the Civilians into killing any Penguin but him, without any other Penguins noticing.

EDIT: (some more traitor stuff) Indeed, they would have a formidable task: framing the penguins without framing themselves, while at the same time staying trustworthy to the Penguins. Also, this would give the Penguin team some of the uncertainty of the Civilian team, leading to more inquiry as to decisions they make.

Mule: Can open a group chat with up to 2 other players at once. Once he decides to select a new player, the one added to the chat first is kicked out and the next one goes in. Nobody in the chat (except for the mule himself) would know who the mule is. Would be a little tricky to manage, but could produce interesting results with a sort of mini-elimination going on in the chat.

Psychopath: Pretty much the cultist, wins with everyone else dead.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  8. Sir Wilfrey

Top-Tier mind fuckery, you say?

zeskorion and Zetlin97 like this.
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

So pretty much Karas.

10. Sir Wilfrey

Pretty much me.

11. Zetlin97

Indeed, they would have a formidable task: framing the penguins without framing themselves, while at the same time staying trustworthy to the Penguins. Also, this would give the Penguin team some of the uncertainty of the Civilian team, leading to more inquiry as to decisions they make.

12. Sir Wilfrey

I like this idea!

Zetlin97 likes this.
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Get out.

zeskorion and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  14. Sir Wilfrey

Oh hey, I have an emoticon!
    Dont_Starve_Emoticon_dswilsonscared.png Pretty much when someone finds out I did something. Which is always.[DOUBLEPOST=1450309072][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Your rather fond of saying that to me, aren't you?

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Aye, because you need it said so much. >_>

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  16. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Some details on the roles:
    This game goes back to the style of the first games, so Boring Humans will be the most common role once again. So Hylotls, Florans and the Interrogators are the main power roles this time.
    No weird special roles this time, so Agarans and Alpaca are both out. Occultist-Bot might stay to keep the dead entertained.
    If the game gets enough players, I might include two Cultists. If I do, they will both work alone. But if that'll be the case I throw in an extra Hylotl or Glitch, so the balance is somewhat maintained.

...and following this theme, also wins by dying? :p

I remember these now! Shadow sounds interesting...
    The psychopath sounds exactly like the Cultist though.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Kaiachi likes this.
  17. IJustWantTheModsBrah

IJustWantTheModsBrah Orbital Explorer

Japan=Life. also suuure. i will hurt you.
    its time to make cool roles guys

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  18. Sir Wilfrey

Well, very rarely do I listen to people. Even more rarely do I remember where the door is to get out from!

19. Zetlin97

It's for if you include another cultist, less boring that way as they're functionally the same, and gives a plot excuse for them not to collaborate

20. Sir Wilfrey

This is how I will interpret everything I hear from now on.