RP Unwritten

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Captain Kane, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Opia unsheathes her dagger and slides the blade between the cords. "I am Opia. I heard your name from your brother's mouth. Tai?" Opia inspects the rubidium cord curiously.

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

"Taipei actually. Taipei Issan. And don't worry about cutting the cord. This stuff can tangle up an ageisalt chainsaw. Trust me, I've already tried!" after she places two blocks with large notches between the cords to keep them apart, she sticks in the axel and loops the cords through. She then pulls out a pair of clamps and hands it to opia. "Can you keep the cord there while I fuse it into a loop here?"

3. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

"Taipei.. alright." Opia resheathes her dagger and takes the clamps. "I believe I can manage that." She secures the cord. "Why do you weaponize yo-yos?"

4. Jareix Cryvix

She pulls out a micro-blowtorch and begins fusing the ends around the metal loop. "I'm a toymaker. I make toys for kids. And adults but I won't get into that. I can see other uses for many things. Especially uses as weapons. Yoyos are not only the only non-crafts skill training I've ever had, but are also very versatile as tools and weapons themselves. With the right set up, you can make yoyos that can puncture tank hull. Believe me, I've seen the kind of combat prowess you can have with a yoyo, and it's hella cool! The guy I learned from taught me everything I know about toy making, weapon making, and yoyos; and he's one helluva badass... Ever seen a guy take down a mech with just two *insanely strong* yoyos? It's insane!" she says gesturing the still active blowtorch about excitedly like a child... "The mech pilot was all like "You can't take me down! I'm in a mech! And you have no weapons! Muah ha hah! Down with the revolt!' and then master was all like 'cocky prick... How about you fight someone your own size!' And then he was like, swinging from the mech arms and tangling up the chaingun and then smashing the cockpit window. And then he just pulles out the guy right out of his seat and then hangs him by his leg from a lamp post! And then the law enforcement came with artillery trucks to quiet the riot and then master was whizzing everywhere! Swinging yoyos left and right and flying around like a monkey spider while smashing tank treads and cutting up police like a frickin' ninja all the way up to town hall! And then! And then... He..." she finishes up fusing and shuts off the blowtorch... "And then he died... Shot in the back of the head by his ex wife... That bitch deserved to die... She was the first person I actually killed with a yoyo. Until then I'd just incapacitate whatever unlucky bastard just happened to cross my way... I inherited his shop, so I still made toys, but the place just wasn't the same without his joyous smile... Became one of the big heros he did... Shame he wasn't still alive to celebrate it... And I just rattled off my life's story didn't i! Sorry... I got a bit carried away... And the battle wasn't actually that epic, though he did take down a mid class mech... And I am about to start rambling again aren't I? I should stop talking..." She begins finishing up making the yoyo silently...

Kaiachi likes this.
  5. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Opia hands the clamp back to Taipei and stares for a while, before saying, "...children's toys, huh?" She looks at the newly finished yoyo intently, looks back up and shrugs. "Whatever works for you. You talk a lot, but it was an interesssting story."

6. Jareix Cryvix

She takes the clamps and puts them in her yoyo making kit. She then loops one end of the string sound her gloved middle finger. "Thanks... Anyway, let's get started with testing this thing out! Normally I use two third--pound yoyo bodies for weighted yoyos like this, but since it's a stronger cord, I decided to try out these half-pound raider bodies for some extra force. Let's try it out shall we?" she says dropping the yoyo in a basic sleeper method. She obviously is unaccustomed to the extra weight as It rolls back up about three quarters up the cord before dropping back down... She then drops it again, but pulls it back up with more force. It barely makes it to her hand. "Well... I don't think I'll be doing many tricks with this thing... Definitely much heavier than before..."

7. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

"It's not agile, but it's strong, isn't it? It will serve a purpose sometime, probably. Not uselessss.." Opia tries her best to look reassuring and sympathetic, but ends up looking confused and in pain instead.

8. Jareix Cryvix

"Of course it's not useless! Nothing is ever actually useless! Broken toys can be made into new ones, beat up old ships can be scrapped down, helpless fatasses can be eaten, corpses can be sold on black market, hell there's even a place where we would sell broken plastic containers and have it made into new stuff! To be specific, my forge! Of course, this thing isn't going to be useful for tricks, but it can probably pack quite a wallop! I used to do shot putting for a while before I got into working ya know. In the meantime, I'll just keep this in here for now." she says placing the yoyo in her kit.

9. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Opia nods thoughtfully and asks, "Do you have many other weaponized toys? I just have these.." She points at her sword and dagger, secured against her braces.

10. Jareix Cryvix

"As a matter of fact, yes, I have many other weaponised toys. From bladed spinning tops to spiky clingy stuffed animals to a flame throwing RC car. And for special occasions, kamikaze model star fighters! Most of them are either at my outpost shop or in my ship. Though I do have these..." she says opening a small drawstring pouch and pulling out what looks to be a set of jacks, a rubber ball with metal spikes sticking out of it, a spinning top with a serrated metal edge and it's spinner, a few small wooden spaceships with fuses sticking out of them, a toy pistol of some sort, a small bag of metal ball bearings, a deflated whoopee cushion sealed inside a plastic bag, and a can of some sort of gas... She sets all of them on the floor. "Don't open that plastic bag without proper breath protection. Never know how much sulfur dioxid could still be in there... So, which one do you want know know about first?"

11. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

She ponders all of the items and points to the jacks and spiked rubber ball. "Tell me about the pointy thingsss." Opia wonders if she's doing this 'socializing' activity correctly.

12. Jareix Cryvix

She carefully picks up the jacks in one hand and the ball in the other... She hands a jack to opia. The axel spokes are rounded while the rest are very sharp blades Her hand is slightly cut from the jacks. "These are caltrops. They are built so that the bottom blades will flatten out if stepped on while the top blades stay stiff and puncture the boot. As long as the person isn't walking slowly and carefully, it should pierce right through the soles. They are also excellent for throwing a handful in someone's face! The ball is made of hardened rubber around a six spikes anchored within. Light enough to throw easily and still bouncy enough to ricochet viciously. " she offers the ball to opia. It's around he size of an apple.

13. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Opia cautiously takes the caltrop, but still manages to prick her fingers on the spikes. She hisses lowly under her breath, and gives it back to Taipei. "Effective.." Opia then takes the ball. "Interesting..is there a machine that pushes the spikes so it doesn't hurt the one holding it? Is the middle hollowed out to make it more bouncy?" She reluctantly gives the ball back and pulls out her dagger, with which she pricks her right arm.

14. Jareix Cryvix

She takes the ball, holding it between the six large spikes sticking out of its axises. "The core is made of a slightly denser rubber. It can absorb the impact of the spikes, but allows them to bounce off of anything it doesn't embed itself in. As for safety mechanisms, umm... Yeah, there aren't any. Normally I just chuck it as hard as I can in a small room and duck as it bounces around. Excellent distraction, but quite hazardous to the user. Are you okay? Why do you keep stabbing yourself like that? Are you masochistic or something?"

15. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

"Are all of you people so...strange?"
    Claude mumbles at no one in particular, shifting slightly in his seat.

Captain Kane, Kaiachi and Cup o' Tea like this.
  16. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

Nalumi snaps her head up and leans forward like she's going to tell a secret before asking loudly, "How many people have all of you killed?

Kaiachi likes this.
  17. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Opia's face turns red and she re-sheathes the dagger. She looks around and says, "It's laced with opiatesss. I have to use it to relieve the pain in my sste- limbsss." She lifts up a part of her bracer to show Taipei the rods embedded in her overly scarred flesh.
    She turns to Nalumi. "Oh...um. I couldn't keep count. A hundred or so, maybe?"

Cup o' Tea likes this.
  18. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

Nalumi frowns at this and lies back in the seat, unable to try and brag anymore.

Kaiachi likes this.
  19. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

"You sshould answer your own question. You were famous in the arena.."

20. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

"86."

Kaiachi and Captain Kane like this.