1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github (2.187)

sorry i didnt upload last night: passed out on my keyboard!

Stations

------------

- thermal generator no longer takes Solarium as a fuel source (since it is not a fission-based reactor)

- recolored most of the Science mod stations to better match the FU stations and tiles

- all vanilla Bugs extract for resources

- all bee Honeycombs now extract for resources

- Extractors can now convert toxic waste into uranium ore (10:1 basic, 5:1 quantum)

- fixed a few issues with the arc smelter. It no longer creates insane amounts of diamond from Carbon, and some PGIs have been corrected

- Atmosphere Condenser now unlocks from both Battery2, and the Thermal Generator.

- obsidian should (finally) extract properly. I kept forgetting about it!

- Extraction Lab now extracts at 0.95 second intervals rather than 1.12. It’s a slight adjustment but you’ll likely notice the difference.

- new solar panel art (minor changes to make it suit the FU lab gear better)

- new station: Solar Array : This is a bigger, more proficient version of the small solar panel

- new station: Ansible Network : Provides ability to purchase goods from your base. (no selling though, nor will this be added). To use, wire it up to power. Then, with wiring tool and paint tool [one for forward, one for back ] change “channels” to the shop you want. Then swap to your hands to use the station itself. The station is still pretty bare with its offerings. This will change.

-new station: Quantum Generator : Biggest and best of the generators. The art is temporary (very), as the final will be substantially larger and more interesting (and difficult to craft).

- new station: Centrifuge : (old “autoclave” has been removed and replaced with this). You can set liquids into it and get goods back.

- new station: Advanced Centrifuge : A step above the lesser version, this one can also process Uranium, Solarium and Plutonium and convert them into enhanced versions for fuel.

- new station: Blast Furnace : A half-power Arc Smelter

Biomes

------------

- sulphuric biome weather does a bit more damage. It wasn’t quite dangerous enough.

- added Contaminated Water to Bog and Wasteland biomes

- added regular water to Bog biomes

- added some new underground parallax (ice, infernus)

Dungeons

---------------

- FU wreck dungeon lockers now contain basic loot

- loot changes on several other dungeons (swapped from basic treasure to FU basic treasure)

- new music track for shoggoth dungeon

- tons of changes to the shoggoth dungeon

Gear

---------------

- ultra-mesh legs will no longer crash the game

- hellfire armor has been beefed up. it will now protect against fire, lava, pus, extreme heat, and gives orange glow(helm).

- FU “Corrupt Armor” beefed up, as it is now crafted with Shoggoth Flesh

- new look for Vashta Gun

- vashta gun projectiles and power tweaked

- swarm gun damage values heavily reduced

- substantially weakened the absolutely LUDICROUSLY overpowered Swarm guns. They now act balanced rather than one-hitting the Shoggoth! Go by their Damage Per Shot more than their DPS, as they are a special-case weapon.

- moved XT-3 Laser Cannon unlock to Eridian Ore

- all Rise of Hylotl armors should display their stats in tooltip.

- The variant for Blister Armor wasn’t unlocking. This has been corrected. When you build blister armor it will unlock the second tier of itself.

Quests

------------

- some stupid-assed issue is making the steampunk helm blueprint appear as a PGI in the cinnabar quest reward. So, I swapped it to the helm itself (and the helm now teaches the recipe)

Monsters

---------------

- shoggoth now drops Shoggoth Flesh.

Resources

-----------------

- proto rock should properly glow again

- added Contaminated Water

- most (not all) liquids can now be crafted using Contaminated Water and additional materials.

- Methanol now unlocks Methyl Iodide. This should make it a bit easier to work out, as the only other unlocks were pesticide (which needs it in the first place in order to craft) and Fertilizer 2.

- added Enriched Uranium, Enriched Plutonium and Ultronium. These can only be obtained via the Advanced Centrifuge and are useful as fuel for various powered stations or your ship.

Other

--------

Liquid effects have been altered. The range of effects is not simply damage anymore. They play out in a much more interesting way now, giving a lot more reason to have resistance granting plants and items:

Bio-ooze: damage is reduced but it now also reduces total maximum health by 20%.

Black Tar: changed walk and run speed by 57% instead of 55%. Jumping penalty reduced

Contaminated Water: Inflicts light poison damage, and reduces max energy by 15%

Red Honey: Movement penalties substantially increased, particularly running speed

Mercury: inflicts a 50% reduction in MaxHealth for 2 minutes. damage removed.

Molten Metal: Duration increased to 7 seconds and damage reduced.

Liquid Nitrogen: Has added slippery annoyance, in addition to its normal effect. Duration 10 secs

Organic Soup: Overhauled. It now gives a 5 second increase of 20% to your max health.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  2. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I hope that was due to friday night partying, and not due to something being wrong.

In terms of Enriched fuels it seems like the results are worth much less then the amount of items to make them.

3. Cryak4

Cryak4 Tentacle Wrangler

So i'm not sure if this has been asked somewhere in this thread, but does anyone know the best place to find corruption ore? I've searched so many planets and i can never find any...

4. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Cyrak4: Try lightless/shadow/dark types of planets. I -think- that's your best chance but I could be wrong.

I keep thinking the Enriched versions of fuel could be further processed into bars for selling for large amounts of money / making into huge explosive bombs (drop one in an avian village and RUN)

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

good christ... MR.Chow is starting more damned drama over nothing. I have him on ignore mode, so he posts in his update notes since I can see those, to try and insult me (and is either delusional or simply inventing events to get support where it doesn't exist). I really don't understand it.

I've reported him via that update post. This drama is getting annoying, considering I didn't do a damned thing to this guy.

[DOUBLEPOST=1446931306][/DOUBLEPOST]

yea, I need to tinker with the haul from the bars still. That'll take some refinement to balance since it effectively only impacts fuel (which I don't view as a game-breaking thing )

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  6. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

If all else fails you can now buy most ores from the Ansible Network now.

Speaking of the Ansible Network what about adding low level bees as something you can buy? I'd price the queens as much higher then the drones since even after you start things up it is nice to beef up your drone numbers. Some of the bees are annoying to catch as they appear in high level biomes which require lots of protection.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

That's because they are meant to be. I may make the low-level ones purchaseable. The higher ones, no. It invalidates the breeding aspect, doesn't it? (I could be mistaken, my bees! nest is still cranking out normalcombs

8. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I was refering mostly to the two types that are found in cold and hot biomes. Those are needed for pretty much every advanced type besides red and hardy. It's mostly an annoying bottleneck when the RNG hates you. I was mostly just thinking to sells the base "wild" bees, not any of the ones you have to breed for.

9. Freezair

Freezair Pangalactic Porcupine

Yep, you're supposed to breed for the high-level ones. Which bees are you using, though? I haven't had time to really play SB in a while (doing National Novel Writing Month, so I'm spending a lot of free time writing), but only Normal, Hardy, and Adaptive Bees should produce normal honeycombs... unless you're using incompatible bee types or something, or you crossed some wires.

(Incidentally, I feel like Exceptional Bees need a new product now since you're making Liquid Honey so easy to get.)

10. TheAngryMelon

TheAngryMelon Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this has been brought up, but a few friends and I had an issue with the dungeon this mod adds (the one you get from the science outpost).
    We killed the big bad monster at the end, but it seemed like there was nothing to do after it. We wandered around in the dark but we couldn't find a door, a switch, or even a teleporter.

We ended up having to kill ourselves to get out of the dungeon. Did we miss anything?

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no, that is a mission currently in progress. The next update will add a great deal more to it as well as change up the layout substantially (and add a teleporter after the boss so people can escape as well as loot for that boss).

You didnt need to kill yourself though. Leaving the game and returning would solve the issue as well :)

12. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Freezair likes this.
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github (2.188)

- added Armory station, due to your requests, to handle all weapon and armor crafting for FU. It does not require much space, and it doesn't need wiring or power.

- all weapon and armor recipes, save for those from bees! and whatever upgrade suits are on the nanofabricator, have been swapped to the Armory.

- tons of Science Outpost updates (like tons and tons, it is totally changed around). Note that the powered items don't currently work, as I can't seem to get the wires to connect to the right spot. I'll eventually figure it out.

- tons and tons of Shoggoth mission updates

- Blast Furnace added as a weaker arc smelter, and the arc smelter mission now wants a Blast Furnace instead.

- Advanced Centrifuge added. It can create the new radioactive fuels, while the lesser one cannot.

- recipe unlocks have been moved around, many to minor items such as raw minerals. This should nicely reduce the recipe spam you get with many stations on pickup. It feels a bit more natural this way.

- tons of other tiny stuff

14. Paspartout

Paspartout Guest

Hey sayter!

First I wanna thank you for your awesome mod! It adds so much awesome stuff to do in the late game of starbound
    and reminds me a bit of GregTech for Minecraft :)

Anyways I don't know if its already a known bug or issue but I am experiencing a crash everytime I die in the game
    while playing in Normal Mode. Weirdly enough everything seems fine in Causal Mode though.

I am playing on linux and got this bug using either the latest modpack version and the most recent version cloned from
    github. I attached the log, which says it can't convert a json value properply but can't figure myself out which one it is.
    I hope you can reproduce that bug or tell me what to do to get better debug information for you.

Best Regards,

Paspartout

Attached Files:

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

someone else reported the same bug, and it was related to another mod that was not FU. I'm not sure why this even happens, since it doesn't give any info on the error. It could be a corrupted character file, though. Have you tried using other characters (try making a new one and see what happens when you die) ?

16. Paspartout

Paspartout Guest

I've gone through the git history and think I fixed the bug!
    Please check my pull requset at github(can't post link yet).

After my changes there is no crash upon death, but I also didn't have any of these items in my inventory
    since I don't know how to cheat any of them in.

Hope this helps!

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

ahhh, id forgotten I had changed that. Now the source makes sense. Must be a stntax error in there somewhere. Thanks.

18. SingABrightSong

SingABrightSong Pangalactic Porcupine

I reported the same bug, complete with error log, right after you had first pushed the change. I think you missed my report, though.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I think so, yea. I'll probably have a release ready tonight anyhow, so I can fix it up soon enough.

20. pcwasomeness2

pcwasomeness2 Space Spelunker

how do i unlock the recpie for the atmosphere condenser[DOUBLEPOST=1447001844][/DOUBLEPOST]and when i pick up a battery they lose all power

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015