1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I'm aware that it may be an error, especially since it was just copied over exactly from the Science Mod (im assuming you mean the Meat Plant, anyhow) and it hasnt been tested. Hence why I want an error log, so i know what the error is. No need to imply that I made an error, since that much is already apparent by the fact that it doesn't work. Report errors properly. Thanks.

As for solar panels: read the bloody update notes. They tell you how to unlock the initial blueprints. I don't spend 6+ hours a month total typing up those update notes for fun. They are for you guys.[DOUBLEPOST=1446601415][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This, this right here. Yes. YES guy. Now I have some ideas in my head for how to do this up, as it would make things a lot more interesting in just about every way to craft this way. Replace the genes in their current implementation with a more varied genescape and it would be stylish.

Another decent idea there, though the seed thing could be pointless. When you hover over plants it will show you one of the "grown" states in the tooltip regardless. So that kind of makes it a moot point. The rest works, though.

Not sure what you mean exactly here, as there seems to be two half-complete thoughts jammed together at the start. "they" is rather ambiguous and makes it a bit confusing. I think I get what you mean, but could you elaborate?

That's the idea, paired with Aegis's idea of mucking with liquids in some way to give it a bit of extra utility. It's basically a "diet" arc.

Yep. I feel you. However, the crops DO have prices set. They simply don't seem to sell. Which tells me there must be another spot to input the plants to make it actually do that. I just haven't gotten to it. If you want, you could look into it and possibly take a crack at it (as the price thing has been on my to-do list for 3 months now and im still dealing with everything but the prices thing !). I'll eventually get to it, if not.

Which is odd, since the blueprint is correct and copied directly from the loot chest without typos. It should spawn fine. Weird, that. I'll just change it to the helm itself instead of the blueprint. Screw it.

I think I prefer a kinetic redirection field that simple reverses projectile trajectory back towards the source. Much less work for everyone. You won't need to set blocks down or maintain anything. Build generator. Turn on. Done.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    green3y3 likes this.
  2. pcwasomeness2

pcwasomeness2 Space Spelunker

help picking up matter assembeler and titainium bars does'nt work

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yes it does, since i tested it repeatedly and verified more than about 30 times. You probably already have the blueprints unlocked. In which case , you can build them in the Matter Assembler under the DNA tab for the time being. I'll move them to the microchip tag where they belong for next update.

Also note that nowhere in the notes does it say titanium BARS. It says ORE.

4. SingABrightSong

SingABrightSong Pangalactic Porcupine

It's titanium ore.

5. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

way to many good ideas to use and so little time to figer out how to put them in i guess :p stay awsome sayter your mod is one of the best i have seen so far out doing the avali for me

sayter likes this.
  6. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Heh. Pardon me if I myself am twitchy while I watch the mod adapt and evolve, since Inny still seems to be gone? Wasn't he one of the chief helpers to take the load off?

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Tonights GitHub will have (for sure)

Quantum Generator
    Solar Array
    Ansible Network

it might have:

Centrifuge and some other stations if I have time.

The Electron Microscope is going to take a while, because I need to do like.. 600 damned Codex entries for all the relevant items. If anyone wants to volunteer, let me know :) I have the actual files pasted and named...but the contents are all copy-pasted from one single entry and as such will need to be manually input.

And yes, Aegis: Inny vanished without a trace without saying bye...I'm honestly a bit worried since that isn't like him insofar as I know. His access to his dropbox stopped and he hasn't logged on since that moment. I have no way to learn if he is okay, so I am just going to assume he was eaten by a Deep One or something, and is now a pile of bones at the bottom of a Tidewater planet.

8. pcwasomeness2

pcwasomeness2 Space Spelunker

thx i needed to pick up titainium ore i had it in my inventory

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Next time, read the notes :)

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github

- substantially weakened the absolutely LUDICROUSLY overpowered Swarm guns. They now act balanced rather than one-hitting the Shoggoth! Go by their Damage Per Shot more than their DPS, as they are a special-case weapon.

- Extraction Lab now extracts at 0.95 second intervals rather than 1.12. It’s a slight adjustment but you’ll likely notice the difference.

- Methanol now unlocks Methyl Iodide. This should make it a bit easier to work out, as the only other unlocks were pesticide (which needs it in the first place in order to craft) and Fertilizer 2.

- new look for Vashta Gun

- moved XT-3 Laser Cannon unlock to Eridian Ore

- Added Ansible Network station. You can use this to buy various goods

- some stupid-assed issue is making the steampunk helm blueprint appear as a PGI in the cinnabar quest reward. So, I swapped it to the helm itself (and the helm now teaches the recipe)

- new solar panel art (minor changes to make it suit the FU lab gear better)

- new station: Solar Array :
    This is a bigger, more proficient version of the small solar panel

- new station: Ansible Network : Provides ability to purchase goods from your base. (no selling though, nor will this be added). To use, wire it up to power. Then, with wiring tool and paint tool [one for forward, one for back ] change “channels” to the shop you want. Then swap to your hands to use the station itself. The station is still pretty bare with its offerings. This will change.

-new station: Quantum Generator : Biggest and best of the generators. The art is temporary (very), as the final will be substantially larger and more interesting (and difficult to craft).

Fun Fact: You can use artificial light to power Solars. They still need to be outside and above-ground and out of water to function, however. But it does work. Try your flashlight, and you'll see what I mean!

11. Aegis J Hyena

If his dropbox access stopped AND no login since that time, now I really AM nervous. No way to contact him outside of Starbound, like Steam and the like?

12. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

Sweet, really like these new generators! The Quantum Reactor, though, requires a PGI to build at the moment, as recipe calls for a 'isn_fissionfurnace'. Should be 'isn_fissionreactor', or just 'fissionfurnace', I suppose.

Some minor things I keep forgetting to mention:

Cinnabar -- it's a bit jarring that it's considered of "legendary" rarity when it's quite common even outside of the biomes where it's truly plentiful. For comparison, I think densinium is the only other legendary material that's found "in the wild" (not counting impervium/ferozium/cerulium since they're crafted rather than found).

Certain containers/chests which are always empty -- e.g. heckaltar, the various wrecked containers found in fu_wreck/wreck dungeons. I guess it's a time-saver to know ahead of time that some containers will always be empty, but it's still kind of a bummer; especially with the wreck crates/lockers etc. as it leaves getting a lucky rare drop from bandits as the only potential reward for exploring them.

And on the somewhat related topic of altars; is the crafting aspect of the elder altar functioning? Have messed with it a bit after looking at the code, without getting it to do anything.

13. Aegis J Hyena

There needs to be a new type of ore on Wasteland worlds: Stupidium, The concentrated idiocy of an entire civilization that destroyed themselves, leaving a wasteland. :p

M4ck likes this.
  14. chean

Also getting a bunch of "could not instantiate item" log errors for mineralcannonlite and mineralpistollite. Looks like those were removed/renamed yesterday, but the old names remain in learnBlueprintsOnPickup references for e.g. protocitebar.item.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Cinnabar - yea, i keep forgetting to change its rarity.

Chests are a special case in dungeons, in that the dungeon file itself needs to be edited (rather than the chest item itself). I will add this as a note to the list though, because you aren't wrong!

I never did get back to working on the Altar, but its still planned. I think I may simply make it an "extractor" that only works for Elder item combos. Put in the correct combo, get a blueprint. And then removing elder blueprints from everything else...or something like that.

None that I know of. I am unsure if his Steam name is even Inny. Last message he sent, he was starting on the Bees! quests. Then nothing.[DOUBLEPOST=1446638200][/DOUBLEPOST]
    thanks! ill kill those. I finally removed the items but forgot they had other instances.[DOUBLEPOST=1446638885][/DOUBLEPOST]Allright chean, fixed all the little issues you mentioned :) Pushed to Le Hub.

chean likes this.
  16. Knavt

Knavt Void-Bound Voyager

How can i unlock atmosphere condenser? I have quest for it, but i can't craft it.
    And where i can find irradium ore? Which star class?

17. chean

Okay, have been testing the arc smelter running off a quantum generator, and noticed a few things. A few typos in the arc smelter object file causing PGIs: 'magnesiumopowder' and 'fu_silicon' instead of magnesiumpowder and ff_silicon.

Also, turning carbon into diamonds feels rather too powerful; e.g. getting 72 diamonds + 16 liquid iron for 200 carbon. And since you can turn coal into carbon in the smelter, I suppose you could make diamonds from coal in it at a rate of 7-8 to 1 or thereabouts; compare to e.g. 1 diamond per 100 coal in the power press. ;)

Also also, the quantum generator object file currently treats 'vialproto' as a better fuel than its processed form ('biofuelcannistermax', 4 vs 3); should probably be the other way around.

Make a tier 2 battery unit (the 2500u / 2 v one) to unlock the condenser. Irradium ore is mostly found on irradiated worlds, as the name suggests. Irradiated worlds can be found around pretty much any star type, they're not restricted to any particular class.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Some nice catches there. I'll get the PGIs fixed , along with revising the carbon/diamond tradeoff. I'll remove it completely (or rather, make its chances EXTREMELY low). It would make life far too easy with access to all that diamond, since diamond plate would effectively be 0 work, ever.

i noticed the vialproto/biofuel disparity after the last commit...and then forgot about it. So thanks for that reminder :)

edit: okay, tonights push will have Coal being extracted from carbon on the smelter, with a 16% chance of liquid iron and a 0.01% chance of diamond

19. chean

Excellent. :)

Was just going to check out the new Ansible Network, but can't find it in any crafting station, though it should be unlocked; reason seems to be that its recipe is under 'isn_mechanicalworkbench' rather than 'prototyper' which FU furniture generally uses.

Oh, and heh, something so minor I'd hate to make a separate post about it: the Quietus and Quantum matter manipulators both have a typo in their name, so they display as 'maniupulator'

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks for the typos there. Fixed for push tonight. Also fixed the ansible unlock.