1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Biome Treasure Pool Cleanup Whatever Giraffe

No more poopey prizes in the elusive biome treasure chests!

1. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

Surn_Thing submitted a new mod:

Biome Treasure Pool Cleanup - No more crap in the elusive biome treasure chests!

Read more about this mod...

2. jajoe98

jajoe98 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thanks lol me and my brother where exploring an ice planet trying to find the ice infantry set and we found an ice chest with nothing but 9 bandages and 60 pixels HUGE letdown

Surn_Thing likes this.
  3. SuncastingSorceress

SuncastingSorceress Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It took me a week of searching for butterfly wings, or buzzy wings in giant flower biomes. I gave up, and took a pair of butterfly wings off an older character of mine because I was tired of looking.

Thanks for this mod by the way. I've been waiting for something like this.

jajoe98 and Surn_Thing like this.
  4. Kokiri Minish

Kokiri Minish Space Penguin Leader

I like the little reference at the beginning also i had a problem with spawn rates.I got 9 desert wanderer helms in one chest.You might wanna make it so you can only get one of a kind item in a chest.Right now its a bit broken.

Plex_Director likes this.
  5. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

I feel you!
    While I like the concept of this mod and the results are promising, the yield does overshoot the target by a considerable margin sometimes.
    I'm swimming in mutant, hazmat and lagoon outfits by now... And that's talking visiting about three planets featuring the stuff.
    If it did indeed cap the amount of items a bit, it would work even better.

6. Surn_Thing

7. Jackson Brown

Jackson Brown Astral Cartographer

Could you release one with both versions included, and we choose generous or moderate version to install?

Several other mods do this (different versions in one package), and it would allow those of us that just found your mod to get the generous version.

8. Surn_Thing

Nah, I'm too lazy. Besides, the point of this mod was to make treasure pools not so much more generous but fairer. I agree with @Plex_Director and @Kokiri Minish it was a bit too generous (maybe it still is).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  9. Kokiri Minish

Kokiri Minish Space Penguin Leader

SuncastingSorcerer didn't mention anything about the generosity from the drop rates

10. Surn_Thing

Must have read the wrong post...

11. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing updated Biome Treasure Pool Cleanup with a new update entry:

Steam, hive, prism anything else....

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. SuncastingSorceress

SuncastingSorceress Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My post specifically was making comment to my experience while searching for items with Vanilla Starbound. Surn mentioned we could share stories of terrible prizes in the discussion, so that is what I did. I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

13. Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am not certain if this mod is responsible for it, but I got a Perfectly Generic Item in a chest on an ice planet I was exploring. This is the only mod I have that would really affect loot, as far as I know, but I have to say, that was the biggest let down of ALL the possible lootables haha

14. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also got a Perfectly Generic Item, on a toxic ocean planet. Does anyone know if this mod needs updating for Glad Giraffe?