1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ground-Penetrating Radar Station v1.45 (p1.2)

A machine which scans and displays your surrounding environment.

1. Kallyous

Kallyous Void-Bound Voyager

I don't known you guys, bur for me it is working with this last uploaded version. Thanks Wellbot!!!

2. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

3. Panthera Pardus

Panthera Pardus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello Wellbott,

Thank You for this Mod. It is very useful and saves time, when you search a specific ore. Especially the new hand scanner will be handy.

I have made an alternative image for the Hand Scanner. It is nothing special, but maybe you like it. I have also made a quick picture how it looks in game.

gprscanner.png

Scanner in use.png

I have some suggestions too, as you could see below. I hope that is Ok for you, since the Hand Scanner is in beta phase.

For the current Version:

- Restrict the scanner window to 1. So that the current Window will be automatically closed when you open a new one.

For an alternative version:

- change the window to a smaller version of the GPR Station window. Which would be placed in the upper right corner of the screen. This way you have it alway in sight, and the foreground block couldn't qverlap it.

Let me know what you think of it. Have a nice Day/Night and

Joy and Happiness
    Panthera Pardus

Edit: I added a larger version of the scanner.png file.
    gprscanner2.png

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  4. snowboudmage

snowboudmage Void-Bound Voyager

I got problems with it. It only shows a black screen for the station(not even loading text), but the handheld works fine.
    upload_2015-10-25_9-6-24.png

Attached Files:

5. Wellbott

Oops, I broke it.

6. Wellbott

Corraidhín likes this.
  7. snowboudmage

snowboudmage Void-Bound Voyager

8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

9. Wellbott

10. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm still getting the black screen and i just downloaded the latest version right now. Any known issues or incompatibilities?[DOUBLEPOST=1445803254][/DOUBLEPOST]I think i know whats going on, both the 1.4 and 1.45 downloads both give me version 1.4. Is there an alternate download URL for version 1.45 that I can use?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  11. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

To add on to that, the version number contained within the 1.4 version reads 1.35.

12. Wellbott

Aagh that again. I should have remembered to update the version number.

13. Wellbott

14. jonasv8

jonasv8 Void-Bound Voyager

I can craft the GPR console but when I place it it disappears and I reappear on my ship.

15. StarprickStarfish

StarprickStarfish Space Hobo

16. Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does anyone know if this works for the current version or if it needs an update? I've been hoping for something like this.

17. benibacon2

benibacon2 Void-Bound Voyager

Is it working with Glad Giraffe?

18. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The type you place on the ground seems to work in GG, but the hand-held one seems broken. This seems to be the relevant line from the error log:

[16:26:39.608] Error: Exception while invoking lua function 'fireTriggered'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/tools/gprscanner/gprscanner.lua"]:24: attempt to call a nil value (field 'ownerAimPosition')

This looks like it shouldn't be too hard a fix, unfortunately even easy fixes are beyond me; I can't even figure out how to unpack mods, let alone fix them.
    Is the person who made this still around? Or can some random smart person have a look at it?

19. rpg4e

rpg4e Phantasmal Quasar

Hey Wellbot, I've read you like to get ideas - i got some but can't create mods or scripts, so this is for you:

Could you give an option to the GPR-Console to switch between "Scan Ground for matter" & "Scan Ground for biome" & give the ability to zoom in and out?
    This would be awesome :D

20. Wellbott

Wellbott updated Ground-Penetrating Radar Station with a new update entry:

1.0 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...