1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Tutorial Collection of Admin Codes for Nightly Build

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by SivCorp, Jun 17, 2014.

1. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I don't believe there is a command for something that specific. You are better off just making a modded weapon at that point anyway.

2. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

that was never posable afaik

you have to make a custom weapon yourself to edit tings like that

3. tmecham

tmecham Void-Bound Voyager

Hey all! New here so please forgive me if this was covered elsewhere but I just had to rebuild my .shipworld file and I've been able to get the hull fixed and the thrusters working again by using the /spawnitem shiprepairkit and FTLrepairkit but the FTL drive is refusing to come back online. S.A.I.L. won't give me the command to repair the drive and I'm not sure what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

You're using the item that spawn from the command, right? (Just click with it in your hands)
    After you've repaired FTL, your S.A.I.L. won't give you any command. You'll just be able to travel to other stars.

5. tmecham

tmecham Void-Bound Voyager

See I've tried that and all it dose is repair my IP Thrusters... the FTL is still damaged. Any other thoughts?[DOUBLEPOST=1445570831][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Also I get the message that it was repaired but when I go to the navigation screen it still shows as FTL Offline.

6. livmuramoto

livmuramoto Phantasmal Quasar

hey, guys! do you know a way to get the maximum size of matter manipulator without doing all the quests?
    also, i want to skip the quests to upgrade my ship, just to test the new updates of the game!
    thanks!

7. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

The matter manipulator doesn't require any quests except the ones right at the start before leaving the ship for the first time. After that you just use manipulator modules to upgrade.

You can just spawn manipulator modules with "/spawnitem manipulatormodule" and then the number of them you want (e.g. /spawnitem manipulatormodule 1000).

That said I think on admin you don't even need manipulator modules to upgrade the matter manipulator.

EDIT: I would actually like to know if they have given us the npc commands for the new npcs added after the Pleased Giraffe update because I've only managed to find a few (such as the Alpaca and Spooky Floran Tenant)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  8. livmuramoto

idk about the new npcs, i didnt find any of them yet...

9. Sean10M

You can put any race and then "alpaca" to spawn an alien alpaca. And you can also put any race (though its meant to be a floran) and then "spooky" to spawn a spooky villager.

10. livmuramoto

i was doing some errands at nightly version and i've crossed to lots of different npcs in a bunch of planets! they are like the villagers, but they interact with you like the outpost people, giving quests!

11. Sean10M

Cool. The spooky villager is actually a tenant so while you can attack them if you spawn them in with admin they still use the tenant AI rather than basic villager AI.

12. livmuramoto

yeah, i think they are implementing the assets with more villages with tenants, since they're working on the new quest system. there's lots of quests, but basically the same content: you give a letter from someone to another one and it's like a trigger to all others (in which you need to grow crops, find objects, craft some stuff)... the quests are basically the same in every planet, but the prizes are different, so you can get some cool stuff and some "meh ;p" stuff! but i'm enjoying it so far!

13. Sean10M

Yeah. I'm quite excited for it. But I'm more excited for vehicles and moving platforms.

14. Starbound1212

Starbound1212 Void-Bound Voyager

:poke:how do you spawn techs? i did /spawnitem pulsejumptech it didn't work. so please help :heylisten: :rofl:

15. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Techs use /aicommand.
    Formatting:

/aiaction {"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "sampletech" ]}

sampletech is substituted with the tech name. (Note: Tech names ae found in their .tech files)

16. livmuramoto

did you already test the elevators?

17. Sean10M

I don't play the nightly version.

18. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

So it seems that in the Nightly build, the /spawnsword and /spawngun commands have been rolled into /spawnitem. You simply have to specify the item's type. Unfortunately, I don't know the proper arguments to get it to spawn items of a particular level.

If you type in, for example /spawnitem rarehammer, you'll get a randomly-generated hammer of Rare (blue) quality, with tier-1 hammer stats. Again, I don't know just how to specify a higher tier, still working on that. If anyone figures it out, please feel free to reply!

EDIT: Figured it out! Here's how to specify the tier level of an item generated with /spawnitem.
    Code:
    /spawnitem <internalname> 1 '{"level":<tiernumber>}'
    Where <internalname> is from the list below, and <tiernumber> is a number from 1 to 10.

For example: /spawnitem rarehammer 1 '{"level":5}' produces a tier-5 hammer of rare quality.

Here's a list of the randomly-generated item types that I can figure out.

WHITE QUALITY
    Assault Rifle - commonassaultrifle
    Axe - commonaxe
    Two-Handed Sword - commonbroadsword
    Dagger - commondagger
    Grenade Launcher - commongrenadelauncher
    Machine Pistol - commonmachinepistol
    Pistol - commonpistol
    Rocket Launcher - commonrocketlauncher
    One-Handed Sword - commonshortsword
    Shotgun - commonshotgun
    Sniper Rifle - commonsniperrifle
    Spear - commonspear

GREEN QUALITY
    Assault Rifle - uncommonassaultrifle
    Axe - uncommonaxe
    Two-Handed Sword - uncommonbroadsword
    Dagger - uncommondagger
    Grenade Launcher - uncommongrenadelauncher
    Machine Pistol - uncommonmachinepistol
    Pistol - uncommonpistol
    Rocket Launcher - uncommonrocketlauncher
    One-Handed Sword - uncommonshortsword
    Shotgun - uncommonshotgun
    Sniper Rifle - uncommonsniperrifle
    Spear - uncommonspear

BLUE QUALITY
    Assault Rifle - rareassaultrifle
    Axe - rareaxe
    Two-Handed Sword - rarebroadsword
    Dagger - raredagger
    Grenade Launcher - raregrenadelauncher
    Machine Pistol - raremachinepistol
    Pistol - rarepistol
    Rocket Launcher - rarerocketlauncher
    One-Handed Sword -rareshortsword
    Shotgun - rareshotgun
    Sniper Rifle - raresniperrifle
    Spear - rarespear
    Bone Sword - bonesword
    Mushroom Sword - mushroomsword
    Water Sword - watersword

PURPLE QUALITY
    Flamethrower - flamethrower

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Garbacca likes this.
  19. Dunto

Dunto Guest

That third argument is a JSON string containing the properties you wish to override (or add). If you unpack the assets and look through them, you should be able to see how to specify the projectile for your gun or other such attributes.

20. livmuramoto

awn... ok!