[Unoffcial] Challenge to all starbounders

Discussion in 'Other Fan Creations' started by MasterMinsrel399, Sep 17, 2015.

1. MasterMinsrel399

MasterMinsrel399 Tentacle Wrangler

I challenge all starbounders to create a HQ and post a screenshot in the comments below. The winner will get theirHQ and forums username featured when I do my next challenge

Relten likes this.
  2. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

This will not work properly. =|

3. intrepid-explorer

intrepid-explorer Phantasmal Quasar

4. DeezNutsDestroyer

DeezNutsDestroyer Space Hobo

Challenge considered.

Lonewolf239 and Relten like this.
  5. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

2014-11-15_00016.jpg
    A very old one I had that was wiped. I may try to upload my more recent builds later.

6. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

2015-09-27_00006.jpg
    Newest base, would like to add sofa instead of wooden chair but I don't have a sofa.

7. intrepid-explorer

So...HQ means headquarters in this case. Here is a ship I built for my Avian using this mod in Upbeat Giraffe. The top rear of the ship are the captain's quarters, the center spinal area is for crafting, and the remaining areas are quarters for the crew provided via this mod. I was not finished decorating the interior, themed to each crewmember, when PG came out and I decided to wipe all my characters to better enjoy some of the updates.
    [​IMG]

8. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

How did you made a screenshot this big?

9. intrepid-explorer

I used this mod to zoom out and then take a screen shot with ALT-PRNTSCR. There is a command to do it, here, but I never tried it so I don't know if it works.

Relten likes this.
  10. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Thanks!

11. ImSilverTongue

ImSilverTongue Void-Bound Voyager

Ahhh the space duck... So Majectic!

Is this built on an Asteroid Field?

Relten likes this.
  12. MasterMinsrel399

MasterMinsrel399 Tentacle Wrangler

that is a really good HQ I am going to wait for some more competitors and then I might just pick you

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  13. intrepid-explorer

That's a raptor beak, not a duck bill.

This wasn't built in an asteroid field, it was my player ship (so it might not qualify for the competition). The linked ship mod starts your ship as a simple box, and you build your own ship with blocks you find or craft. Even the SAIL can be repositioned, which is nice if you want to change your pet's color.

ImSilverTongue likes this.
  14. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

Here's something I worked on for an old server. I was never able to finish it I figured since I had the photo siting around I may as well use it for something :p
    It was kinda big and I didn't try very hard to sinc up the times in each frame so that's why some are lit and others aren't.

Toxic Seas Botanical Research Facility (2).jpg

I guess I should explain it a bit. The implied purpose for it was to be a floating sea research station, or at least that's what it would be if it was finished. Towards the front of the ship/station is a landing pad. Right to that a teleporter and below that a sub dock/cargo hold. Further to the right an elevated walkway connecting to the unfinished main portion.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  15. ImSilverTongue

ImSilverTongue Void-Bound Voyager

I know, I was just making a joke. Referencing TeamFourstars "DBZ Abridged."

As for the mod, I've seen a few pictures of this mod, it sounds fun but I haven't actually modded Starbound yet. Not sure if I ever will or not.

16. Lonewolf239

Lonewolf239 Pangalactic Porcupine

Your headquarters look like a sci-fi junkie's flat.

I want it.

17. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

Your's is definitely the most homely of the "HQ's" so far

18. WallLight

WallLight Void-Bound Voyager

ill get right on it, i hope i dont take more than 2 hours into it.

Lonewolf239 likes this.
  19. WallLight

WallLight Void-Bound Voyager

well, turns out i cant build that good, ill show you this mess of a ship i built.
    its also getting flooded :/
    what a mess.png

20. Lonewolf239

Lonewolf239 Pangalactic Porcupine

Oooo, I like it! Though I do think you should fill out the bottom, and maybe patrician the center of the boat. Oh, and you gotta add barrels!