1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Weapon Tech Mod V.0.6.0.2

Adds special techs that can only be used with certain weapons.

1. Riuny

Riuny Big Damn Hero

2. Semtexagon

Semtexagon Space Hobo

Is this mod multiplayer compatible? Just out of curiosity.

3. Riuny

Riuny Big Damn Hero

Unfortunately, PVP is not supported for this mod for now due to balancing issue. Although there are some skills considered as universal damage, so someone might get hurt if you use it recklessly.(Even you)

4. Vinderex

Vinderex Pangalactic Porcupine

Got a little bug to report. After using Howling Soul for a while, and then switching to an axe, when I switched back to Howling Soul, I couldn't not use either of its techs until after I returned to my ship. Haven't yet extensively tested it to see if it happens all the time, or when exactly it happens, but yeah, just a heads up. I'll let you know when/if I can find out more about it.
    Also, would this work with the Kazdra race? If not, then how hard would it be to get it to work?

Edit: Did some more testing, and yes, changing to a different weapon type does disable your techs when you switch back. I tried with both Howling Soul and a regular broadsword. Switching between the two of them was fine, but techs became disabled after switching to an axe and back, and also to a dagger and back. Teleporting enables the techs again.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  5. Riuny

Riuny Big Damn Hero

Thank you for finding a bug. I'll try to fix them as soon as possible.

6. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

There's a bug where sometimes my character will go invisible after using a tech that transforms the character (such as both broadsword skills or both dual dagger skills). I have to either Save+Quit or teleport to my ship to switch back.
    It doesn't always happen though.

7. Riuny

Riuny Big Damn Hero

Thank you for reporting bug. This mod uses a lot of queries to detect collisions, so some of them might get stuck in loop if they don't find proper target. I'm trying to find better ways to handle these exceptions right now.

Eternalmyst likes this.
  8. KaidemonLP

KaidemonLP Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I cant use axe tech on my scythe (starbound sees it as an axe).:lickitung::hylotl:

9. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

I saw the video when you use a vanilla skill, but here dose not work.

EDIT: I found that upon beaming into a planet, the Axe Tech dose not work. Even though i am reading the manual, it clearly said use F button the throw your axe. When i press F, it dose absolutely nothing along with the others.

It only works with a special axe. Sometimes, the techs stop working after a while.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  10. Vinderex

I've also noticed that the techs don't appear to work with any non-crafted weapons, like weapons given as quest awards, or found in chests etc.

Also, are there any plans to support other races, or the weapons from FrackinUniverse?

11. Riuny

Riuny Big Damn Hero

For those who have been having problems with non-craftable or modded weapons, I must let you know that techs from this mod can only be applied on vanilla craftable weapons and modded weapons from this mod. The tech module requires item data(weapon types, damage per swing, etc) to function properly. But currently, there is no function which allows you to get weapon data of your equipped weapon. So the only way to get these values right now is to type them all manually into the script. I know that a lot of people wants this mod to be compatible with randomly-generated weapons and other modded weapons but the actually time that has to be spent on typing enormous weapon data is just ridiculous to carry out all by myself. I know that this might sound like an excuse but that's just how it is right now. I will make this mod compatible with all the other weapons if I can find better solution to this problem. Hopefully, starbound developers might add Lua function to get weapon values of currently equipped weapon in near future.

12. Riuny

Riuny Big Damn Hero

Current Status Update

Hello, everyone. It's been almost 3 weeks since I've uploaded last update and many people have reported me a lot of things that need to be fixed in this mod. I just want to say thanks to all those people who have shown their interest in my mod and I will try my best to polish this mod until it is done.

Anyway back to status update.

I have brought a good news for you guys(or girls). Thanks to the helpful advice of Kyren, one of the starbound developers, I've finally managed to set up a test code that can make this mod compatible to every other weapon mod. I still need to do some testing and tweaking. Plus I'm going to fix the collision detection part of the tech lua files so that they can run even when minor exceptions happen. So the next update will be another revision patch which will contain compatibility patch and partial bug fixes.

Though I must notice you first that this might take about a month or two because I don't have a lot of free times like I used to have. However, It will be done eventually.

Again, I really do appreciate all of your supports and feedbacks. If you want to ask, suggest or leave comment just send me a message or leave a thread on this discussion section.

13. Vinderex

Hooray! That's great news! :D Does that mean too that other races will be supported as well?

If I may make a suggestion: When you get around to the single hand swords, how about some sort of rapier as the unique weapon?
    Here's a couple suggestions for the tech too.
    Fleche: A quick dash past an enemy while attacking, ignores defense (if that's possible)
    Riposte: (not sure if this one would be possible or not, but figured I'd suggest it anyways. ^.^) The player becomes invulnerable for a short time. If attacked during that time, they immediately counterattack with a powered up stab, dealing high damage and pushing back the enemy.
    Flurry: (would be my next suggestion if Riposte wouldn't be possible). A rapid series of stabs, followed by a slash that launches the enemy.

Looking forward to the update! :D

14. enderlordmc

enderlordmc Big Damn Hero

2 things
    1. if you die in the middle of knife throw the animation sticks upon respawn, layered over your character. funny but probably should be fixed
    2. how do you get dual dagger tech, i made single hoping it would detect twin daggers. it didn't.
    edit: apparently it dislikes found weapons, based on the devs last post it will be revised in the next version

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  15. enderlordmc

2015-11-02_00003.jpg i soft locked my game, slicer and dicer clipped me into the hull of my ship... i can't get back inside. send help!
    edit: added picture
    edit:awkward... i play in 1920x1080 so image got massive, sorry.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  16. Nunikid

Nunikid Big Damn Hero

My character dissapear when I use the double dagger tech, can you fix it please?

17. enderlordmc

that would be the collision detection being shoddy

18. Libra Burner

Libra Burner Space Spelunker

Does this mod still work? And if so what are the recipes to make the weapons?

19. enderlordmc

it works in stable, but not glad giraffe
    the weapons are made at a separators table

20. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Any plans of integration with the glad giraffe stable? It was quite a nice mod in PG, but I'm afraid it's broken with the newest stable, but even so due to the new mechanics the mod might get even better!