Race Meet the Phobe (or Geist) "The Halloween Race"

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Cruxifer, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I apologize for this ungodly necro, but I would gladly mod this in for you.

You see, I'm looking around to see if I can get a few mods under my belt and I would love to see this function in game. Yes I know it may be odd to take this up in the summer, but hey...I would love to see it in by Halloween

So I'm just posting here to (hopefully) get this a tad bit more interest and ask you for your consent to create this mod.

Cruxifer and rhomboid like this.
  2. Cruxifer

Cruxifer Subatomic Cosmonaut

If this is what you want to do, be my guest. As far as I am concerned the Geist are open source. It would be interesting to see what twists and changes others might make to the race that could improve it in ways that I cannot think to.
    Believe it or not, thoughts on the race still churn in the back of my head. Personally, I cannot seem to make decisions on where to take it from here.

So, have at it, Relten. :hylotl:

Edit: I'd like to apologize for taking so long to reply. I usually frequent the main page to see what nifty updates are coming along but it apparently took eight days to get on the forum this time. :p I'm sorry.

rhomboid and Relten like this.
  3. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

That's alright...I'm probably going to start a convo with you so I can discuss somethings.

Kaiachi and Cruxifer like this.
  4. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes... do it. This, the gangster oil people, and the rock people need to happen somehow :rofl:

Relten likes this.
  5. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I made this race into a functional mod, the only real problem I have is that I really don't quite know how to effectively showcase this race....perhaps I should just give this race a more Venetian/Halloween theme so that I can work with it better.

Lonewolf239 and Kaiachi like this.
  6. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait, where is this mod?

Relten likes this.
  7. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  8. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Yep, this race is awesome. I've started considering them as a semi-canon race, such as the immensely-popular Avali. The idea's so out of the box! Most of the other races base off of an animal and a world culture, but the Phobe use holidays! Two holidays (Mardi Gras for the masks [they remind me more of Mardi Gras than Venetian, because it's specifically the flamboyant masks and likely clothes, not to mention the Carnival] and Halloween for the candy)!

In fact, the main character for a story I'm making is a Phobe. Why? Because Phobe are awesome. (If yer interested, the story's here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/light-interactive-comic.101627/ )

Keep up the work, good sir! This race is destined for greatness!

9. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I'm going to try to finish basic character customization and get the starter outfits worked on...which is easier said than done considering I have no visual examples on the design.

10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I could sketch up some possible outfit things. Or, and this is what I'd be using as reference, you could just look up "Carnival of Venice".

11. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Sketches would be nice, and that would really help me out.

Tatterdemalion likes this.
  12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

All right, I'll see what I can do.

13. Immortal Trance

Immortal Trance Cosmic Narwhal

I want this in the actual game SOOOOOO bad!

Relten and Kaiachi like this.
  14. TheSilvisMoon

TheSilvisMoon Space Hobo

15. Cruxifer

Cruxifer Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've really got to start checking the forums more often. lol

16. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Indeed you do.

17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Haha, yup :rofl:

Sir Wilfrey, Lonewolf239 and Relten like this.
  18. Immortal Trance

Immortal Trance Cosmic Narwhal

Been a long while and I still love this idea...

Lonewolf239 and Kaiachi like this.
  19. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

I DEMAND BADASS GHOST-CARNIVALS, AND I WANT IT TO BE EXTRA SPOOPY! WHY DO SHITTY MODS GET THE SPOTLIGHT, BUT THINGS LIKE THIS FABULOUS BASTARD NOT GET ACKNOWLEDGEMENT!? I CALL BULLSHIT, GOOD SIRS!

Alkanthe likes this.
  20. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

My word, aren't you the energetic one?

But you're right, this idea is too good to let die. I might have said it before, but I really think this is one of the few mods which I could see as an actual in-game race (even the immensely popular Avali don't have quite the same feel as the same feel as the Starbound races, nor do even the Novakid, who are an actual race made by a fan). It has all of the same structures of the in-game races, and gives a very distinct style that could easily fit into the game.

However, dreaming isn't doing: we should get some people to actually continue work on this thing, assuming that @Cruxifer and @Relten are no longer working on it.

Relten, Alkanthe, Kaiachi and 2 others like this.