1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED bk3k's blocks and objects - formerly lighted platforms 2.4.03

Stuff you didn't know you needed til now

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k submitted a new mod:

Lighted Platforms - It's a platform. It's a light.

Read more about this mod...

2. Icekat8

Icekat8 Void-Bound Voyager

This is a really neat idea, I hope it develops to something more in the future, but for a first mod I think you hit something with good potential. I'd recommend taking some of the platform .png's and

making new ones with the middle areas fully or all but a horizontal strip in the middle to be translucent for a glassy or glow appearance, make the light not so bright, and could even make them be

made with glass and glowstone... eh... is glowstone par of base game? >.> Anyway, sorry, I get excited over stuff with potential. I see this being pretty useful for base decoration... or clubs, if you make

glowy clubs in starbound. Hope to see this grow and congrats on your first mod! ^.^

bk3k likes this.
  3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Thanks. I'll be working on this more later tonight after work. My art skills are pretty limited, but I do have some ideas. This was just a starting point.

Decoration wise, I think eventually I might be able to play around with lightedplatformtemplate.config to make them connect vertically too and at corners. That would allow us to draw our own sign out of lights if I can make it happen. I'll look into it anyhow, but I don't expect to have that working too soon... if I can make it happen at all.

My primary purpose for this though was one of utility. But I instantly noticed the potential for decorative purposes.

And yes I'm going to play around with the recipe a bit. As I add more variations, I'll probably have to pull them off of the iron crafting table, as I'm not a big fan of clogging up vanilla production stations with too many modded assets. These things can get clogged enough with vanilla assets alone! Not that I like having a million mod production tables either... I'll have to think about how to do this best.

As for the brightness, instead of making additional variations, I'll probably just include 3 separate versions of the mod going forward. !00%, 75%, and 50%. Then people can just choose which version they prefer.

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated Lighted Platforms with a new update entry:

It's a platform. It's a light. Now with colored light options!

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

1.1.1 - Typo fix

6. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

You should totally make the platforms look like they have lights on them, rather than make em look like glowy platforms o:

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Version 1.2 - Tabula Rasa integration

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

small sound effect fix

9. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k's blocks and objects - formerly lighted platforms

10. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

So I just had an idea and made it. Chameleon doors. Yep. They work too.

You place the doors and they check above and below(or on the sides if horizontal). If all the materials are the same, the door will be that material. It will look like, and act like that material. Except you know... it is a secret door. For now at least, they are invisible if the tiles don't all match. That fact is subject to change at my whim.

edit: indeed that fact has changed. They need only find a material in any spot it checks so that's less restrictive. They need not match, but it will use the first material found. And if not found, you get a frame. It will recheck on occasion if it has nothing at first.

The material you want them to impersonate must present when you place the door. If you change the material, the doors won't change. You need to remove and replace them to change them. And yes you can remove the material after as these doors don't require anchors.

I have them set to be non-automatic even if you have Automatic Doors installed (they use a modified Automatic Doors script anyhow). What sort of secret door gives away its secret so easily? Not these doors.

No wire nodes either so that won't give them away. But then I might put out wired and non-wired versions now that wire nodes don't show when paired with tile protection. After all wires are needed to secure the door.

You'll see (or not see) them in the next update. Maybe other things, but definitely these.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  11. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated bk3k's blocks and objects - formerly lighted platforms with a new update entry:

Now with Chameon Doors!

12. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k updated bk3k's blocks and objects - formerly lighted platforms with a new update entry:

Chameleon Doors!

13. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I might as well also mention as of the last update - chameleon doors now just hook the inc_doors.lua code(which is just the automatic doors script renamed) rather than fork it as I initially did. That's just a better idea.

The next update has me deleting the shadows from lighter black glass and medium black glass. The shadows to me just didn't look right. So I cloned/modified the classic template.

Probably I'll tweak the frequency of checks for materials on chameleon doors, and probably therefore have them check when the doors open or close too(should they not already have a material). Probably they'll have more size options.

Possibly I should get to work on the tubes.

14. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

More chamelon door sizes, a platform hatch, fixed proximity sensor node when doors not automatic

15. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Wow! This mod has come a long way since it was just the lit platforms. Only real thing stopping me from getting this is the need for Tabula Rasa. I'm not a fan of it's ingame implementation (I don't think it makes sense from an in-universe perspective and prefer mod added recipes just using vanilla crafting stations/mod added ones).

That said, would you consider making a version of this that doesn't require Tabula Rasa? I would think it shouldn't be hard to add recipes to the various vanilla tables.

16. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I suppose I could. I just don't like clogging the tables is all. And I didn't want to add yet another mod table to craft. Trying to think of people's poor, limited space ships. Well now people do have bigger ships than when I made that choice.

The degree that you NEED Tabula Rasa is so you can craft stuff without admin commands. The Tabula Rasa has a fancy bk3k button LOL. You still need ingredients so you could think of it as a crafting table anyhow.

17. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Hmm, would you mind if I made a version that had new crafting recipes that doesn't require tabula rasa and send it to you? I'm sure at least one other person would appreciate having another version of the mod. :p

Also, I suppose I don't even craft on my ship anyway, I just build bases, so I hadn't even really thought of it that way.

18. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Apparently I forgot to reply to you, sorry. Feel free to do so.

19. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Some assets moved from SR for easier server support

20. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Dynamic glowing platform, rail-enabled doors.