1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Moneyplant 1.6 fix

Farming pixels.

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

greenRAM submitted a new mod:

Moneyplant - Farming pixels.

Read more about this mod...

2. greenRAM

3. NekoiNemo

NekoiNemo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very nice and helpful mod, especially in the late game.
    But i have a little bit of feedback on drops:
    1) Please, for the love of god, switch to the voxels. Pixel drops can tank even very powerful PC if you try to quickly harvest pexel crops.
    2) Probably consider lowering the seed drop rate. I only used this mod for an hour (lazily, in-between cave dwelling) and i already had to dispose of 2k pixel seeds.

4. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Moneyplant with a new update entry:

Voxel plants!

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1423030510][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Voxels it is!
    Hope I addressed your concerns with the last update. I'd like to find a way to make seed drops less frequent without messing up my roulette style drop rates. I could probably fix the voxel plant, but the money plant is either all or nothing for seed drops I'm afraid.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    NekoiNemo likes this.
  5. NekoiNemo

NekoiNemo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yay! Thank you very much.

6. greenRAM

7. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Anyone know if this works with Frackin' Universe?

8. greenRAM

Should be. I play with Frackin Universe and there's no conflicts. I try to make my edits as conflict free as possible as I like to play with a lot of mods.

9. greenRAM

Updated for Stable

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  10. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I completely overlooked this one before, heh. A couple of things at a glance, though.

You mentioned in the mod's description that this can cause lag when the plant drops the 1000 pixel. Is it not possible to fix this in the same way that you fixed the lag from your plants in the OrePlants+ mod?

Also...your update notes are a little misleading...because it sounded like you were saying there's now a T1-T4 voxel plant that yielded those voxels themselves...but instead it's just that it costs 10 1k voxels, 5 2k voxels, 2 5k voxels OR 1 10k voxel in order to create the Voxel Plant itself.

=D

11. greenRAM

Well said. I must have been getting tired by the time I wrote that update. It's a real mess. Thanks for clarifying the voxel plant costs for me.

The pixel drop is a problem, but not just for this mod. This is how it's done in-game with money drops now. There's no more stacking drops of money since they updated the mechanics of the drop pools. I think they went with it because there's a change machine like sound effect with small chunks of money, however it gets a bit annoying when thousands are dropped at once. I may be wrong now though. I might need to go back in and see if they've fixed that.

12. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

If that's not fixed, there's always the option of solving that by making an item that can be refined in the refinery for 1000 pixels. Probably better than the lag generated by 1000 pixels at once. You could also simply have it give you a 1k voxel for that, if you aren't going to do it for the 100 pixel one, as well.

13. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Well, it didn't CRASH ME when I changed it to the other way...but now I've gotta wait and see what happens when I get other things (the one I got legit only gave me 1 pixel the first time...so i admin 'd some others in for testing purposes, heh...we'll see~)

EDIT: Yeah, it doesn't work. It appears to be giving me only one pixel every single time (I mean...statistically...11 plants should've given me AT LEAST 1 that had more than 1 pixel...since there's a 60% chance of that happening (though, ad mittedly, it can happen, heh).

Either way, it looks like the best way to do it might be to have it drop an item for the 1k pixels that you can pop into a refinery (or maybe just toss into a normal crafting table to "break apart" into pixels...either/or works. You could also simply have it output a 1k voxel...though then it's subject to the compression loss, so...I dunno about that.

Either way, that's a bit ridiculous that you can't have it output clumps of pixels like monsters do. >_<

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  14. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Another update. I'm not sure if this actually reduces lag or anything...but at the very least I didn't get any lag when I pulled 1000 pixels off of a plant with this entered in for the money plant (not voxel plant).

I did hear the sound go several times it looks...but...I think that may just be the nature of picking up pixels and how they play their sounds. The sound gets more...diverse...the more pixels that you pick up. It looked like anything over 100 pixels made it play the "chaching"-like sound 3 times (though I could be wrong).

Anyway...it didn't LOOK like all the pixels were on the ground by themselves but were actually part of a group with the change I made, which was this in the harvest file:

Code:
    { "op": "add", "path": "/moneyplant", "value":
    [
        [0, {
            "pool": [
              {"weight": 0.4, "item": ["money", 1]},
              {"weight": 0.3, "item": ["money", 10]},
              {"weight": 0.2, "item": ["money", 100]},         
              {"weight": 0.1, "item": ["money", 1000]}         
            ]
          }
        ]
    ]
    },
    I replaced the existing moneyplant entry with this one. I had a revelation of sorts about an hour ago, that the smashable objects don't appear to spit out individual pixels but group(s) of them, so I went and found them in the smashable.treasurepool file. After doing so..I noticed that instead of doing a "count" for it...it's just bracketed ["money", #] ...so I thought that might be the solution. Turns out...it probably is. At the very least, it's probably better than before.

I also noticed that it doesn't look like you need the "poolRounds" entry if you're only tossing out one of the results. Not entirely sure if this is the case with ALL harvesting items...but at the very least it appears to be true for this one.

Hope that helps ya, GreenRAM. ^^

greenRAM likes this.
  15. greenRAM

No lag!

16. Isaiahjm17

Isaiahjm17 Void-Bound Voyager

I remember this mod being different?

In SG didn't it used to drop moneyseeds+pixels for the money plant and voxelseeds+voxels?
    I am using the mod now and Im only getting money or voxels now?

17. greenRAM

Right. I had two versions back then. One with seeds and one without seeds. I had to make some updates and decided not to update the seeds version. It wouldn't be that hard to reintroduce seed drops, but I figure that it's probably cheaty enough without.

18. Isaiahjm17

Isaiahjm17 Void-Bound Voyager

Would you mind making a either public release for it or maybe we can talk and you can do a private release for me? If it's not too much trouble. You can PM me your answer.

19. greenRAM

Tiered plants! Seed drop again?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  20. greenRAM