1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound and Visual C++ 2015 installer issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Healthire, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godtier

godtier Phantasmal Quasar

ras464 likes this.
  2. guiguijill

guiguijill Void-Bound Voyager

Windshit that's said

3. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

help.PNG
    How do i fix this.
    EDIT: Does the same thing for the non Open-GL version

4. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Windows 7 Enterprise I think (I know, horrible for gaming but its all I got)

Thanks I'll try doing that

5. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

*Me dying because i cant play starbound

6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You either have 2 options.
    1. Fix your windows installation
    2. Wait for devs to release new patch to remove the requirements, but that may take some time.

7. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

I'm curious as to how that would work, would it be that they have to redo the Pleased Giraffe update in a lower end environment?

8. The | Suit

No idea - kyren said something about serialization of libraries, but I got lost after that.

haynesy566 likes this.
  9. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Ok, well I found out why my computer wasn't working properly. Its a school one so I only have semi-access to admin rights, all windows updates are controlled by the network admin and they havent allowed us to do a system update in quite a while. The command prompt solution didn't work either due to lack of privileges. I'll re-download Starbound on my other computer for now

10. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

1. It's been fine since this update, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it.
    It's worked until the patch for colonization, and is bugging over a .dll i already have...

11. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

As its been stated numerous times, the most common issue is the runtime environment the game is in. The devs upgraded the environment to allow for a better experience or something like that, it's got nothing to do with whats in the update, just the environment they use

12. The | Suit

"Working fine" - may be the case. But the reason it doesn't install is because there is an issue with the windows installation.
    Remember the issue isn't with starbound, but actually a patch for windows which is required for starbound to function.
    If you read through the thread - a few users have found out what their issues were and were able to remedy the situation.

So your best option is just waiting then until the dev's try to find an alternate solution.
    Though fixing the windows issue is always preferred since - you will also fix what ever issue is inside windows in the first place.

BlastRed likes this.
  13. guiguijill

That should take how many time ?

14. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

HOW TO FIX THIS Error: The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.
    You repair these. Restart your computer.
    Then, after that is done
    go to command prompt. Your Runtime.dll may be corrupted, so go to (Win7)Start>AllPrograms>Accessories>Right click CMD and run as admin (Win8) Ctrl+W>CMD>Right click and run as admin
    and do sfc /scannow
    then restart.
    Then when the restart is done go back in the cmd(admin) and do /sfc
    that fixed mine :0
    I also repaired the visual c++ 2015 but that didn't really work so.

15. guiguijill

I do Sfc/scannow and i have an error that said "La protection des ressources Windows n'a pas réussi à démarrer le service de réparation"

16. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

There is a space inbetween sfc and /scannow
    (and idk why ur comp cant start the repair service, you may want to get an anti-virus tbh)
    make sure you run it as an adminsitrator

17. guiguijill

I'm in administrator mode

18. 1Meg6502

1Meg6502 Intergalactic Tourist

You said on page 4:

Is Starbound not working again?!

19. ras464

ras464 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

20. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Best Answer
    Kyren is working on a solution that doesn't require installing the visual c++ runtime. We did not anticipate this many people having trouble with what should have been a simple install. We will push out a new version as soon as possible.

UPDATE: Your Starbound install no longer requires you to install the Visual C++ runtime.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.