Error Connecting to Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vero882, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Vero882

Vero882 Space Hobo

Hello and good day,

So I just purchased Wanderlust Adventures today and couldn't wait to play it. Installed and finally launched it, however right at the Chucklefish laugh I get the error "Error Connecting to Steam." Upon pushing the Spacebar the game closes.

I checked my folder and I have all the necessary DLL files that I've seen listed in other threads.

I'm running Windows 10, 64bit with an NVidia GTX 870 with the most up to date drivers. I've attempted running both Steam and the game as an administrator, running in compatibility for Windows 8 and 7. I have also verified game cache in Steam and attempted to delete and reinstall the whole game, however it still doesn't run. If there's a fix for this please let me know. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Upon looking at the error log I noticed I'm getting the following error:

ERROR in
    action number 13
    of Trigger Event: <Deleted>
    for object objAmbush_Lich2:

Error defining an external function.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    • Vero882

Vero882 Space Hobo

Figured it out. Apparently the game didn't automatically install some of the necessary functions. If you get this error go to the Steam\SteamApps\common\Wanderlust Adventures\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2012 folder and manually install both the x64 and x86 versions. My client is now working.

Leth and Dunto like this.
      • Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Oh interesting... That's really good to know! Thank you for the follow up!

Dunto likes this.