1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Did you delete the old Avali mod before installing the new one?

2. IcyJack

IcyJack Aquatic Astronaut

I love this mod to bits for its design alone, but the lore is really bad.

3. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

1. This thread is heavily outdated and I doubt anyone but me still watches it.
    2. The original lore was heavily modified to insert the avali into Starbound to at least some degree.

4. IcyJack

Nah, it has really BIG issues with even basic scientific principles and I don't want to clutter the new, more active thread, as that author has no control over the lore aspects of this mod.

5. Silverotter

Do explain, at least briefly.

6. IcyJack

Some of the basic principles of the Avali mod lore are really twisted and don't make a fair bit of sense. Ryu needs to ease off the science aspect and allow more creative freedom, or do the science properly and worldbuild. Like, toning down the descriptions so they aren't so dated and ego stroking, and being vaguer with the lore. As Mack phrased my argument: "Basically, while the Avali are an interesting concept, they shouldn't claim to be scientific. Their "scientific" origins are largely impossible, and fantastical in nature, and that is what I feel the Avali should focus on being: fantastical, instead of pseudo-scientific." Also, my arguments with it could bore you to death so I will leave it short.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  7. bandeeto

bandeeto Space Spelunker

the ERROR sign keeps popping up on me when ever i start starbound, its says it has something to do withe the NPCs, do i gotta re-install starbound or is there another way for this issue?
    PLS HELP!

8. f0xh0und696

f0xh0und696 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

there's a mod of this in the mods forum now, check there

9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Uninstall this mod and install the updated Avali (Triage) mod instead. RyuujinZERO has not updated the Avali for the latest version of Starbound, that is why a group of people including myself released an updated version.

L3W and The Alonne like this.
  10. Yobobs01

Yobobs01 Star Wrangler

I'm having trouble playing with the Avali mod.

I have the Avali data stored in the koala_storage folder in my Starbound folder, and the Dye mod (and it extras) and Extra Character Slots mod in the giraffe_storage folder, but when I start it up, it says something with the C++ stuff wants to close in a strange way. I read the thingy and I can't get my hands on the Enraged Koala updates on Steam. Anything I'm doing wrong?

I do not have any other mods in Starbound.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  11. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Get the Avali Triage mod, because this only works for EK, not any of the Giraffe versions.

The Alonne likes this.
  12. Yobobs01

Yobobs01 Star Wrangler

I did that, but it still won't work... Does having a Windows 8.1 Laptop matter at all? I am using the stable one.

I'm going to install them onto the unstable one and see if it will work.

13. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

You use the Triage mod in the Giraffe storage. Clear out this mod, because it is outdated and does not work. Do not use anything listed on this specific mod page, because everything is out of date. Only use stuff listed on this page, and ONLY listed on that page for updated Avali-related things.

The Alonne likes this.
  14. Yobobs01

Yobobs01 Star Wrangler

I'll try that, thank you. If it doesn't work, I'll play without the mod.'

I've investigated the error, do I need Microsoft Visual C++ for this to work? The error seems to originate there. The error keeps telling runtime to close Starbound in an unusual way.

Yeah, it's not working... :C

15. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Are you running the Stable version of starbound? If not, then yeah, you need Microsoft Visual C++ for it to work...and the mod won't work for Unstable, either.

16. Yobobs01

Yobobs01 Star Wrangler

Yeah, I got Microsoft Visual C++ and it still won't work. :(
    The Unstable version won't even open, so I can't use that.

17. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I think you should uninstall then reinstall Starbound at this point. If you have the steam version then it tends to put files in the wrong folders, you may have corrupted files, or the files are missing. The unstable version tends to have this problem the most. If you are using the unstable version then I also recommend reinstalling it. Also remember to download the Avali (Triage)

Edit: The Avali Triage mod doesn't seem to work with Unstable. I am not sure why this is the case... I suggest playing the Avali Triage mod in the Stable version for now until it gets fixed.

18. Silverotter

Runtime errors happen when bad code gets run- specifically, code that was not noticed as "bad" during compilation. It usually means a variable completely out of the range the program expected was given, and no-one thought to specify against that. Such a thing mostly happens when the variable is introduced externally, such as from game assets.

By the way, when you installed Starbound, Steam installed the C++ runtime libraries for you.

19. Yobobs01

Yobobs01 Star Wrangler

Thanks for the tips, I'll reinstall everything. I am using Avali (Triage).

20. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Don't forget to backup your universe and character files!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.