10th August - Manipulates anything that matters!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Yeah, but high-tech stuff at the beginning is not logic either. The best could be "survival" set, with basic metal furnitures. ^^

lordbociek and MrMoney898 like this.
  2. MrMoney898

MrMoney898 Poptop Tamer

I have to say, I like the creativity being expressed by consolidating the tools, but I have to agree with some of the comments, I feel like its putting a bit too much power to the matter manipulator (or attention if you will). Great addition (consolidation) though! I'm glad the team is always thinking outside of the box. :3

Edit: After reading the comments, it seems like we all want to work a little more up to the matter manipulator, would that be difficult to change? :O

CrystalCharlie likes this.
  3. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

All hail the Matter Manipulator !! *out*
    Seriously, don't worry I'm sure there will be other high-tech tools that will be out of the MM. ;)

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

If they were people who played the original beta, then they would definitely know that the Matter Manipulator could be used to mine things because it used to be the mandatory first mining tool to obtain enough cobblestone for a stone pickaxe. No, those people complaining just are not smart.

Given how CF does not think that the MM is emphasized enough as is when its the only tool people really use, I have a sneaking suspicion that there won't be any other high-tech tools other than the MM, aside from in mods.

5. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

we edemand a stun mode

DragonsForce likes this.
  6. Kosmikoff

Kosmikoff Void-Bound Voyager

Matter manipulator's upgrades being crafted with things you find in the planets would be nice.

7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I'm... not quite sure what this means.

I mean, the MM will still start out weak, with a small dig field, and likely lack the wiring and painting capabilities until you make the necessary components to upgrade. Yeah, upgrading the MM is no longer tied to your ship status (looks like they're almost completely dissolving that progress monorail), it's all finding enough MM Components on planets and making an MM upgrade module via crafting (or obtaining via quests, of course). This will put a little bit more importance on making/finding temporary tools for emergency purposes (like digging out Core Fragments from hard rock since those are now a vital component to upgrading certain backpacks and armors) or just broad-scale exploring for parts.

If this means upgrades in, say, paint area? Dunno. We've only seen the teaser, and CF is always working on a lotta stuff they don't show in blogs that are left to the nightly folks to uncover.[DOUBLEPOST=1439246640][/DOUBLEPOST]
    They are.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  8. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I like this change and it is brilliant!
    :up: to you guys!
    You really manipulated it this time guys!
    This is the pick of the week!
    Wire loving this change!
    There pain't nothing wrong with the new manipulator.

9. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

does it still need to be upgraded to unlock each function?
    please leave it upgradeable... heck, please leave each MODULE upgradeable xD

even the paint tool. maybe tier 1 would be just the primary colours, then for each sequential update secondary and thirtiary colours could be added?

also, instead of using the R T and Y keys, maybe we could use just R and T to cycle through each mode? leave Y for something else.
    say.
    team speak. or another tech. or a pet command.
    oh! could there also be an extra upgrade? the grappling hook!

10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

If they hadn't removed the recipe for tools to "emphasize the Matter Manipulator more", I'd totally agree with that argument more.

11. The Doctor

The Doctor Pangalactic Porcupine

While everyone else is complaining that it removes the sense of progression or that it only changes things a little bit I'm just gonna refer to the fact that matter manipulator upgrades are now found/earned in quests and on planets from what i have heard previously in a daily post about a month or so back. so all y'all are wrong.[DOUBLEPOST=1439247555][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That just makes me want racial MM designs... like the default one seems more suited to humans or apex honestly

eksynn, Spritley Jack and FlynnFlare like this.
  12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Lemme just mod the beamaxe into a break gunner some time soon...

13. FlynnFlare

FlynnFlare Void-Bound Voyager

That is actually a freakin' awesome idea!!

14. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

I was wondering will the paint mode ever get more color options? I've been really wanting to paint my ship and home but the colors it gives just are not the right color variation for what I'm looking to do.

15. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Maybe I am picky but the change it self is fine as there really is no change except for name sake only.
    But considering the change the icons really don't jive well with "futuristic style" - more like icons back from the 1700's where pick axes and paint brushes were a thing.

Kosmikoff, sid3aff3ct and Mackinz like this.
  16. Heriol

Heriol Void-Bound Voyager

Not much of a change, but I'll miss the other tools' sprites.

17. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

Maybe if the mouse wheel could help with this, like if you hold down the mouse wheel button then scroll, it would then allow you to pick size and strength.

18. Adamiks

Adamiks Subatomic Cosmonaut

But do player have all modes on start? If yes, then i really don't like this, because this make game even more boring and reapeting (before you get some special things, like wiring tool, without this every tier will be exactly that same), if no, then i don't like it too, maybe it's more logicial, but if you guys have already 3 tools created why anybody would change it to 1? Less tools - more boring, even if this is so little thing... What next? No picaxes, because manipulator should be better in real life? We don't have axes already....

And i don't like that you guys make so (too) little things, when core mechanics need some polishing :/

19. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

I think it would be cool to! The racial versions could maybe have a similar design to their ships, perhaps?

The Doctor and PabloM like this.
  20. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

So MM skins? sounds cool to me.