1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Tutorial Collection of Admin Codes for Nightly Build

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by SivCorp, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Hellbeast Core

Hellbeast Core Yeah, You!

Ok. Thanks for the feedback.

2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Does anyone know if you can upgrade your ship to the max level using admin commands?

3. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Yes, the command should be '/spawnitem shipT5', or whatever other tier you want.

The Squid likes this.
  4. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Isn't T8 the highest?

SleepySquidd likes this.
  5. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Probably, I just threw a random number in there for demonstration purposes.

6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Thanks. Just downloaded the custom ship mod and every time I try to upgrade my ship it resets it. :(

7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Whatever you do, do not do /spawnitem combatsword. If you use the sword, it crashes the game. At least, it did for me.

8. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Does anyone know if it's possible to look at the code behind each command?

9. glockcoma725

glockcoma725 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello long time player first time poster here. I was curious if there was a console command to give myself matter blocks. I've spent all week bouncing from risky to dangerous planets and after probably close to 20 hours of unsuccessful searching quite. Frankly I'm over it lol. Any input is appreciated

10. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I merged your thread with the existing Admin commands thread.
    Best place to find about item names is

http://starbounditems.herokuapp.com

11. Kosmikoff

Kosmikoff Void-Bound Voyager

I just saw the command /devkit in the twitch stream chucklefish made, which gives you all the ship upgrades, a hat that makes you move faster, and other stuff. Does anyone know if there's any way to enable those commands? It doesn't work in the nighlies and I supose you have to enable them somewhere... That stuff is hella useful when making mods. (Also GeorgeV said something about "devtech", that lets you go around flying)

12. Bloody_Kain

Bloody_Kain Phantasmal Quasar

Would be great if there where a command, that ONLY gives you invicibility and unlimited energy.
    All that chaotic recipes in the buildmenu are sometimes a really pain if you search something or if you like to melt metals.

13. RPGAngel

RPGAngel Phantasmal Quasar

I am trying to use the aiaction command to get the radiation suit since I'm still starting on a poison planet but can't get it to work. This is what i'm trying:

/aiaction {"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "radiationprotectionTech" ]}

But it just puts it in like it's regular chat. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Never mind, I figured out what I was doing wrong and got it to work. I typed it right here but in game kept putting the last quote mark on the wrong side of the bracket next to it without realizing it(oops, lol).

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    btmarcher likes this.
  14. btmarcher

btmarcher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anyone know how to access the MM upgrades using the 'aiaction' command?

15. xSlacker

xSlacker Pangalactic Porcupine

Someone mentioned on the steam forum that the /spawngun command does not work anymore.
    I tried it myself and it's true. Heck, /spawnsword is not working also.

Have the devs changed the command? :eek:

16. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

It seems to be working for me. What are you typing for the command?
    EDIT: Never mind, didn't know you were talking about Nightly.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  17. xSlacker

xSlacker Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeh, forgot to mention that, heh.

18. -that guy

-that guy Yeah, You!

so i was looking and I Have a character that iv had for a year now but items have been updated and one of my teck has been replaced with a perfectly useless item and i didn't see a clear slot or item comad

19. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Apply a different tech. It will swap out the new techitem with the PGI.

20. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

Where can I find the "/spawnitem" codes needed to spawn a weapon with specific type, DPS, attack interval, damage per shot, and energy per shot values in nightly?

"/spawnsword" and "/spawngun" have both been removed, and using one of the ids from here just gives me a dud.