1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

v1.2.5 on Steam 'Test Branch' Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastuleio, Feb 20, 2015.

1. TheExodus59

TheExodus59 Orbital Explorer

Same error iirc, playing online.
    of Step EventoWispG
    for object oEfLightningRing:

Unable to find any instance for object index '621777' name '<undefined>'
    at gml_Object_oEfLightningRing_Collision_325
    ############################################################################################

• Mirppc

Mirppc Phantasmal Quasar

didnt work for me. Heck i even tried editing Xorg when on linux and had no luck.

• KoolTheKid

KoolTheKid Orbital Explorer

Hey Leth, if you're still updating the game There is a very minor issue I think you should take a look at.
        The screenshot below is from the Merc's character selection screen.

Attached Files:

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

If Hopoo would like me to, I can take another look at the game for a new update. <3
          I know they are super busy with school life so we'll see.

• FirstaLasto

FirstaLasto Seal Broken

Ah, is that why they haven't acknowledged the non-functional GOG version?
            ...please let them know about it if they still aren't aware.

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

I'll pass it on for ya. Just this once :p

EDIT: I'm being told it was fixed a week ago or so. Try it again?

The | Suit likes this.
              • FirstaLasto

FirstaLasto Seal Broken

Oh dear, I bought the game about a week ago. I probably got it right before they fixed itX3
                I'll go check on that. Thanks, by the way. Good to hear from the devs, and that they're still alive!

EDIT: Yep, the GOG version is working now! Thanks for the heads up, and thank you devs for the fix!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
                  Leth likes this.
                • bkroo

bkroo Yeah, You!

It looks like there's a bug with some versions (Mac at least, possibly also Linux, but PC one seems okay) where when trying to play online, the config file doesn't enter the IP address correctly, so it never manages to connect!

Let's say the IP address you entered is 123.456.789.10 and the Port is 11100. Unable to connect even though other people are? Look in the config file and the line "client_ip=" will have a garbled character for the first digit of the IP address! In this case it replaced it with a ^? (so it showed up as client_ip=^?23.456.789.10), meaning the client will not connect unless you manually edit the prefs file, correct the IP address to the server you're trying to connect to, and set the prefs file to read-only so the game doesn't overwrite it! It'll work once you do it this way, but changing the IP address in-game causes it to become garbled in the prefs file, which is where the client checks which IP to connect to when you click the Join button.

Another bug I noticed in 1.2.8. is that barbed wire disappears when you die in multiplayer, and respawn on the next stage. It still shows barbed wire in inventory, but you won't have the wire around your character, and won't do any damage to enemies, meaning it's gone. When you get another barbed wire, your inventory count is incremented by one, but the radius and damage are reset as though it's the first you've collected.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
                  • lordzitron

lordzitron Void-Bound Voyager

When will the updates be released to steam?

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

I don't think they will.

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

The current version of RoR on steam is 1.2.8 so they already released the updates ages ago. The beta test branch no longer even exists either.

• KoolTheKid

KoolTheKid Orbital Explorer

Dude can you fix the Mercenary text bug already. It's just downright ugly on the character select and it seems pretty trivial. Can you ask Hopoo to let you have crack at it?