1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Modular: Stations, Components, and Containers. v1.2 v. Spirited Giraffe

Modular crafting stations, ship components and storage containers.

1. dantronix

dantronix Big Damn Hero

Thanks graycatgrayhat, for updating this mod. It is my favorite one from my own mods. I am thrilled that you are willing to take this on and you have my blessing to use anything you want from what I've created. I actually started updating this back in February but I was having some issues with their new patch system that I felt made if fundamentally flawed and so, in spite of quite a lot of work, it never got finished. Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  2. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks again for the raw data, it will help bring Modular to the next page, we are almost ready for a full release with v1.0.

I hope every one will give @dantronix a huge THANK YOU for all the work and time that was used to craft the original.

3. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

I've been thinking. In the Munari Race Mod, it adds a new crafting station which allows for you to harvest organs, chop them up and use them for crafting foods and drinks. is there a way to turn the chopping board into a modular station, too?

4. graycatgrayhat

As the Munari Race Mod does not have open usage for assets so would take some partnership with the creator, I can look in to this for the v2.0 release.

5. graycatgrayhat

6. M4ck

M4ck Void-Bound Voyager

Modular yarn spinner requires 1 pixel and 200 Yarn spinners... ;) Also, alloy furnace requires 1 PGI.

Edit: Another thing, Robo crafting table only activates on lower left corner of sprite.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  7. Myrmex

Myrmex Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Plane variants of wooden stations just in case.
    (animation in attachment)

Attached Files:

dantronix likes this.
  8. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat updated Modular: Stations, Components, and Containers. with a new update entry:

v1.0b v. Spirited Giraffe "Modular"

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1435603266][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Pushed update to fix everything here thanks again for the bug reports.[DOUBLEPOST=1435603454][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Wonderful work, really love the Yarn Spinner may these be implemented in to the next release under Creative Commons?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Do you keep deleting your own mod update logs? If so, why?

10. dantronix

dantronix Big Damn Hero

Absolutely love that animated yarn spinner!

11. Myrmex

>>graycatgrayhat
    Sure. And since we have a special station for building modules - it would be a great option to add multiple forms for each of them. Classic one and modern for example.
    [​IMG]
    [source]

graycatgrayhat likes this.
  12. graycatgrayhat

I have been, just to keep the logs cleaned up sort of a habit. Mostly they are passive updates or outdated to the point the are not needed.[DOUBLEPOST=1435639135][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It is wicked will be implementing it ASAP.[DOUBLEPOST=1435639216][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yea I will add these soon for the v1.5 release with a few other additions.

13. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Except for keeping track of what each update did. I really don't see the point in deleting the logs, since they do tend to inform those who read them.

14. graycatgrayhat

I can leave them :rofl: everything before the v1.0 release was just getting it ready form here on I will keep relevant logs about changes and additions.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  15. graycatgrayhat

16. Myrmex

- Is modular center supposed to have "platform" behavior?
    - Pixel compressor's animation feels very intense. I'd swap last two frames where blocks are bouncing or lower overall speed for 1/3.
    - Original stations have different rarity - uncommon for campfire, legendary for skyrail and etc. Would be useful to remain it.
    - Modularizing doesn't take much effort from player now so I suggest replacing pixel cost with particular frames. Weak ones of copper and iron for tier1 stations, composite alloys for refinery and robotic table and something special for tier7+.

(they should be same color on the sprites though)

[​IMG]

- You may see the wall through magnetic crucible so it looks kinda flat. I guess this thing could use some background.
    [​IMG]

- Now it's case of taste, but there's some issue with combat stations:

They're supposed to be placed in a row and that way they look like this:

.......separator.......|.....manipulator....|....accelerator.....
    [​IMG]

As you can see, manipulator misses red color a lot and may be easily confused for replicator.
    Accelerator is ok but doesn't fit the first two where lower parts are exposed instead of top.
    I see three possible patterns:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this one is more likely because original tables are 6x4 and it would be fair to enlarge them a little from 3x3 and show both parts.
    The only thing that bothers me - is it ok to be 4 or 5 blocks high while any other module is 3 or 6?
    Some filler modules like 2x2 or horizontal 1x3 would allow to make more complicated compositions (and stations be custom sized).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

M4ck likes this.
  17. graycatgrayhat

Modular Center should have no collision now, was a left over from the crafting table code.

Pixel compressor was set to 1 now at 4 for the animation speed, as it was going to be tell me it if should be slower?

Original stations have different rarity, this is intentional though I would not be against turning them back to the original for sorting.

Modularizing doesn't take much effort.. I really like this idea, to implement it would take a bit of time and work on this end so it would be a v2.0 change at the soonest.

You may see the wall through magnetic crucible, the attached images shows why:
    scifi anvil issue.png
    I did up the size to show everything, but the same black bar can be seen in game. Which I did not like the look of, if I have the time or anyone else does a new image would be great to use.

Now it's case of taste, I did these ones as fast copy pastes but like the idea of them to be balanced and show a bit more. This will be on the top list for change as I like the idea.

18. graycatgrayhat

@Myrmex Also I had planned to keep every Modular at a 24x scale, as in 24x24, 48x24, 24x48 72x24 and so on. With the rare exception of the light, extender, or other misc items.

19. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

This mod seems interesting...

Could you make one for the black market mod?

20. graycatgrayhat

:rofl: It is a give and take some people really enjoy the block look and size of a Modular station.