Digital The Dawn of Two Suns (A Starbound Comic)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Absurdisan, Jan 18, 2014.

1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Don't we all...

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Why are people still commenting suggestions for the next comic when Absurdian last updated the comic in 2014? :/

3. Zaisher

Zaisher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

because beating corpses Is hilarious?

4. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

Seriously-Unless the author has stated that he is still working on it, you guys need to stop replying.

I understand that he said he's half done, but wait for him to bump this himself to confirm that it's still alive.

5. h1n1h2o

h1n1h2o Yeah, You!

nah

6. benibacon2

benibacon2 Void-Bound Voyager

I asked previously about it. take a look at it[DOUBLEPOST=1434654063][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This ---^[DOUBLEPOST=1434654101][/DOUBLEPOST]You can find it at Page 12, if you dont believe me.

7. Mackinz

Yes, but that was also four months ago, benibacon. Don't you think that there should be some kind of further update since then, especially since Absurdian still hangs around on the forums?

Lecic likes this.
  8. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

^ what dat person said

The comics were usually made within 14 days of eachother. Not four months.

9. Iskiribbles

Iskiribbles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bringing up this thread again and again will not advance the plot nor make the pages upload faster, not only that but also just cause more pressure on the author if they are still working on it (not saying they arent working but its been 4 months). Also the comment of "beating up corpses" and "nah" really is insulting to the author. Yeah sure, beat up the thread of an interesting and fun idea the author thought to give us on their free time. It's fun to mock such a thing(insert sarcasm). It's not against the rules , but its really enerving seeing people commenting on a thread whereas the author hasnt said a word or comment and still bring this up , week after week.

Its a great comic what the author gave us and i hope to see more updates.

This is my two cents.

Lecic and Cup o' Tea like this.
  10. Absurdisan

Absurdisan Phantasmal Quasar

To be fair, I really have dropped the ball on this and I completely understand people getting salty. Frankly, I'm amazed it's taken so long for people to start getting angry at me.

I have every intention of continuing this, and I'm sorry it's been so long. I've had a lot of real-world stuff going on, some trivial that just takes up my time when I could be working on the comic and some not so trivial that put me out of commission a few times, but I do read this thread and every new comment that is added. That doesn't make up for no new pages in almost a year, but rest assured that you are being heard. I am just really bad at letting people know when I'm down and out for a bit, such is my nature I guess.

This weekend is busy for me, and the next couple of weeks I'm going on vacation with my wife, who is also eager to see the next page. When I come back I will endeavour to get the next page up - it's started, I just have to sit my arse down and get on with it.

So again, I am super sorry for being so flaky with this, but Ankaa and Corvus will be gracing this thread again! I can't thank all of you guys enough for staying with this for so long and for all your words, kind or otherwise. I know the mean ones are said out of desire to see more, and that makes me really happy. People liking my stuff is still really weird to me, it's taking some getting used to!

11. Mackinz

Not angry with you, Absurdian. Just frustrated with people who keep replying suggestions on what your characters should do next without looking at the situation of the comic at the moment.

Have fun with the next page, sir, and on vacation with the wife. :DD

12. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Completely understandable; take all the time you need, pal. Sometimes you just can't get the time to do stuff.

It's good to know that it's still planned to be finished; this is top notch stuff!

Cup o' Tea and Absurdisan like this.
  13. Absurdisan

It's not a problem, I welcome the suggestions because some of the more recent ones have been pretty amazing! And thanks for the kind words :)

Cup o' Tea likes this.
  14. Iskiribbles

Iskiribbles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for letting us know Absurdisan. Don't rush it man, i hope you and your wife have a lovely vacation together.

15. SomePixel7

SomePixel7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Fantabulous has risen again

Relten, Cup o' Tea and Owl_Stalker like this.
  16. Solar313

Solar313 Fat Man

It is dying. Slowly but surely. Its dying. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER ABSURDIAN!!!!!!!

17. Blurkeisaname

Blurkeisaname Void-Bound Voyager

*Dissapointed sigh* Absurdisan, you have made four pages of an absolutely fantastic looking comic, and have me hooked. For that I must congratulate you, as most comics need at least twelve pages to get me interested in it. And I realize that life takes precedent as most people know. Originally I was going to make this comment rickrollesque by modifying some of his lyrics, which I still might do some other time. At least I hope I do, as I actually, in my opinion, came up with some pretty good ones. But I can't now because it's almost three ante meridiem and I should slumber. See? Real life takes precedence. If I could simply unplug my conciousness and stick it on the net so that I could still do stuff, I still wouldn't. The reasons I say that are one, technology hasn't advanced to that point at the time I'm writing this. (You darn future kids from the future get off of my intellectual property!) And two the technology also hasn't advanced far enough for the aforementioned process to not drive me insane. (And stop showering my grapes with flowers!) Sorry, got sidetracked a bit. Essentially you've done great work and I can only hope that you continue to do great work. And if you could continue the comic I would consider that to be a bonus. But it's essentially extra credit on a test you know that you've aced on a matter that is at best tangentially connected to the subject matter. So please continue the comic but only if you will it. While it'd be a shame to see it go, it would be understandable.

Tl:dr You've done great work, keep up the great work, unless you don't want to, then don't. Good luck with your present situation whatever it may be! Especially so, if it happens to be needed.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Absurdisan likes this.
  18. Absurdisan

Dude. Man. Bro. You are a kind, amazing person and thank you for writing this, it made me very happy :D

Not continuing this has been one of my greatest bugbears to date. You guys keep saying you love it (even now, which is mental). My wife says she loves it (and still gives me guff for not carrying it on). Every time I look at my dumb arts I can't understand it, but I am so lucky to have people telling me it's worth making and doing.

Sod it. I'm going to make the next page. I'll dig up the list of replies I was going to use and I'll draw the damn thing and get it up here for you guys. I apologise in advance if the art is wonky or different, and the fonts may change since I'm not too fond of the 8-bit one I used, but you guys have put up with so much dead space from me it's the least I can do to give it another go.

No timeframe, but this is what I'm doing with my evenings until this next page is done. No, you know what? I'll have this next page up by Friday 22nd July. There, I've put a date on it. Now I'll really have to move my ass and make it happen. You've done it guys. You all rule.

19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Hooray! Welcome back, Absurdisan!

20. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

I can't decide how to express my current elation, so I'll settle for a "yippee."

Yippee!