1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Logistics Frigate Reborn v4.5c v. Spirited Giraffe

Logistics Frigate Reborn

1. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat Pangalactic Porcupine

On the note of so much input I just want to say it is great to see ideas and resources from different people. We all see it from a unique point and that helps fool proof some of the work, more input the better.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The old method of "Give it a gander with a fresh pair of eyes".

On an unrelated note... "gander" also means a male goose...

3. graycatgrayhat

Also just to put this out there in the case someone is working on this,
    Using the layout changes by @Ancev Caine and the aligment changes of @lazarus78 I am reworking all the color images for the new changes. Did not want to stop any one from doing it, but I have started work on my side.

lazarus78 likes this.
  4. lazarus78

I did a thing...

[​IMG]

I noticed the engine plumes weren't working so I set out to resolve that. Had to push the ship images over 40 pixels and the block map over 5, then edit the engine to extend it back 2 pixels to fill a gap between it and the plume. Then I saw an opportunity for glowy bits... I had to take it.

Would you like this update?

5. graycatgrayhat

Yea, I worked a bit on them but if you have a more final version it can not hurt to look, might just copy past it if everything fits. I also like the glow color used, will apply that to all color versions, gives the impression that the engine plume is coming from inside.

6. lazarus78

Hmm... I also made some other changes prior to this... IE added the vertical trim on rooms and removed the platforms (Personal changes for me)... soo yeah... you will have to add those back in on the block map... sorry.

Also included the structure files. They are named for the glitch.

Im not trying to take over the mod, I swear :rofl: Ive just hit a groove and can't break free.

Attached Files:

7. graycatgrayhat

No worries I think it is great, as it goes the more hands we get the better the mod will become.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  8. lazarus78

Getting back up to speed with the recolors should be simple. Just use a color select tool to select all of the ship hull. Just a bit tedius cus you need to do it to 4 images per color. :rofl:

Anyhoo, Im sure ill find something else to change eventually. lol[DOUBLEPOST=1434135490][/DOUBLEPOST]Ooh, almost forgot the Avali frigate.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  9. lazarus78

How opposed are you to eliminating that forward most lower room? Just seems so awkward. Could remove it and use that space for custom decals.

Also, I did another thing...
    [​IMG]

I need to stop doing things...

10. graycatgrayhat

It is all good, I want everyone to explore, change and remix what they like tell the ship suits them.
    I have a version v4.0 base I will upload tonight, mostly it will be block and ship images nothing else. If bug free and up to par I am going to make the base for future versions, a "standard" if you would.

The hope being anyone could make an alteration pack, that could be a simple change to the block.png and a decal or full ship change but it would fit the "standard" version perfectly with no editing.

See I noticed @Ancev Caine, yourself and I are all working away but thought we all be might be using slightly varying base models for the changes. Even a pixel as we well know can throw off the work some one has done. I started to worry the we might overlap in a way that any progress would not fit or already be done by another. Hopeful with a "standard" version anyone could change them and not worry about the size or fit.

@Old_Crazy_Gamer requested a NVPE (No View Ports Edition) that I will put toghter after the "standard" version is complete.
    @Ancev Caine's work could also if he wanted be an alteration pack, something like Avali Edition.

11. lazarus78

OK, so whatever version you have now we can call the standard.

12. graycatgrayhat

The attached is a beta version of the "standard" as you will find the size, spec, ratio and more has been changed. I have trimmed down some blocks, added a few details. It is the base kit for the floran race, with all the colors in the extra folder and nothing else(no decals yet).

I had to do everything step by step to ensure I could understand each part I made or changed and why.

@Ancev Caine The layout changes you made are going to be part of the main releases, also I included a version of your ship not sure how much more you have done(this one just fits the new layout)
    @lazarus78 I have used your ideas for the images but changed the ratio for a even 8x for example you can resize the block.png up by 8x and it will be a 1x1 scale of the ship very neatly.
    For any one wondering this is the math on the block to ship image ratio.
    frigate0blocks.png = 300x100

frigate_back.png = 1200x800 + frigate_front.png = 1200x800 = 2400x800 combined

2400x800 / 8 = 300x100

Hope you both get a chance to look at these soon, and anyone else interested in the development of Logistics Frigate Reborn.
    Downloal link below :rofl:
    standard

13. graycatgrayhat

14. graycatgrayhat

Hey I will point put that I did change the a
    The windows a hard being a they are all based on alpha layer of transparency. Wonderful I love the work, the Avali community seems to also enjoy what they see so far.

I had made a few changes to the base model not in yours in the case you missed them.
    The door back will stick out if not corrected in game, but the piller in the captains quarters is just for symmetrical look.
    frigate_full.gif

EDIT: Also now that you have the updated block and ship files (the ship is 1 pixel longer by they way) fix the bug in v3.0 release.

15. graycatgrayhat

Color sheet for v4.0
    frigate_full_small.png
    HD version (warning very large)
    frigate_full.png

16. sashyme

sashyme Phantasmal Quasar

I upgraded the ship to sparrow class and now my stairs in first deck are covered with an indestructible block :rofl: I am not sure if I had latest version.

Tried latest V3 and still can't get down. Human player

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  17. sashyme

sashyme Phantasmal Quasar

Oh boy I found it, you have wrong color value in the frigate4blocks.png for the stairs. I fixed myself and put the grey color back. Maybe you can check it too

18. graycatgrayhat

Nice catch, I pushed a fresh update the the download home should replace the old one.[DOUBLEPOST=1434256306][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sorry again a modded pick or MM will beable to break them they just have 999 health, but if you have already found a fix :rofl:

19. graycatgrayhat

20. graycatgrayhat

Funny I was going to ask you :rofl: :rofl: but really I was just working on that when I got side tracked will post a few rough mock ups just to give an idea.[DOUBLEPOST=1434275049][/DOUBLEPOST]v4.0 upgrade path mock up.
    upgradelayout.png

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015