1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Wah-Ki (Spirited Giraffe) 0.2 (Tails n' stuff)

Red Pandas in Starbound!

1. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

Hyko submitted a new mod:

Wah-Ki (Upbeat Giraffe) - Red Pandas in Starbound!

Read more about this mod...

Kayuko likes this.
  2. AndreasDragon

AndreasDragon Phantasmal Quasar

Hey I'm an experienced spriter, I could draw on the ring designs for you, I just cant code them though.

3. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Make the forum's red panda be a pet. Seriously, do eet. I DARE YUUUU~
    Jokin, it's nice to see more variety of anthro-like races.

4. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

I would as a seperate mod if I could, but I am going to let you in on a little secret:
    [​IMG]

Basically, for now, all my mod stuff is guesswork and making a totally custom mod like that is a bit above me. Hopefully some day I will be able to though.

Glad you like the idea though! I am hoping to add some derivative of bats next...

5. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Hopefully with some sort of flight and/or sonar system :B There is a radar mod thing, and i'm sure the game should have some avian-related flight gear, but it was never unlocked through my travels.

6. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

That'd be awesome, also dont worry there is no real coding ATM, since I havent added varying fur colors the sprite work to totally code free. The current sprites (tails included) are inside the download in the folder labeled humanoid but I can send them directly to you if you prefer.

7. AndreasDragon

it's okay ^-^ I got the folder, I'll get to work on it then.

You want the ring color to be the same as the head right?

8. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

Basically, you can take creative freedom because you're the one doing me a huge favor here. But essentially I am looking for white and red-ish stripes with a black tip.

9. AndreasDragon

Okay, What, I've already started and I was doing brown stripes matching the head but changing it would be quick. I was basing off a picture of a red panda :rofl:

10. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

Go with whatever you want man, the tail is so fluffy its honestly hard to tell:
    [​IMG]

11. AndreasDragon

[​IMG] This is what I had

[​IMG] And this is what I could change it to, I've already started on the walking cycle But tell me which you like best.

Beatrice likes this.
  12. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

Okay, first of all, you are an amazing spriter! Seriously, thank you so much! Secondly, I like them both to be honest but I suppose that's not an option. /hmm, I think that your original version wins out just barely. It is very well done, plus they are aliens so really any color is an option. If it isn't too much of a hassle (I really dont know how normal spriters do these things) Could you lighten the brown ever so slightly however? Anything you go with is fine though, I am seriously impressed with your work and very grateful for anything I will get in the end.

13. AndreasDragon

okay, I'm using a program called paint.net and it really useful for spriting.

14. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

I'm a gimp man myself, but paint.net is pretty great. Anyways, thanks again for helping, I really can't thank you enough.

15. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Okay, I can't keep it in anymore.
    I'm just too curious.
    Is there any particular reason it's released for Upbeat Giraffe and not Spirited Giraffe? o:

16. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

Oh, well that would be a minor mistake on my part, give me a moment to correct that. :facepalm:

I have no clue how I didnt notice that.

Kayuko likes this.
  17. AndreasDragon

I finished the frames I'm testing it right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1433545837][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay I fixed some errors, other wise, it is finished, the rings move a little when running, but it looks kinda cool.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Kayuko likes this.
  18. AndreasDragon

Okay i did a little changes to the body making it more red panda like. But I kept the old just in case

Kayuko likes this.
  19. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

Awesome! You'e got me pretty psyched for this, please send me the files as soon as you can.

20. AndreasDragon

okay hold on. Want me to send you both versions i did or just the tails?[DOUBLEPOST=1433551831][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the ones that i did due to my OCD
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][DOUBLEPOST=1433551901][/DOUBLEPOST]The top idle/personality sprites colors got a bit messed up, I'm fixing that now.[DOUBLEPOST=1433552251][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Beatrice likes this.