1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

StarBender 1.7

StarBender - Drain the power from 72 materials - Pleased Giraffe

1. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

I THOUGHT YOUR MOUNT MOD WAS EPIC BUT THIS IS PURE HOLY MOD GODLIKE NESS *worships* OH MAH GAWD I LEFT MY CAPS RUNNING AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD :D *praises* I MUST FOLLOW YOU NOW

2. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

Same.

3. tart14

tart14 Big Damn Hero

i keep on dowloading it but it never lets me extract it and when i move it to the mod file it still doesnt work

4. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

What unzipping utility are you using? WinRar? WinZip? 7Zip? Other? :) If WinRar or WinZip, try 7zip for it. If other, lemme know and I'll see if I can find a solution

Edit: The browser you're using to download it might also be causing problems, As well as antivirus software in some cases.

5. tart14

tart14 Big Damn Hero

i got a friend show me how to extract a .rar file

6. KazanaAoi

Er.. Does that mean your problem is solved, Orr...?

7. Fonzii

Fonzii Void-Bound Voyager

Shooting after absorbing regular sand or wet dirt makes beeping error noises when you shoot. Not a huge bug but a small issue

EDIT: The form gained through seemingly any of the metal blocks you encounter at the mining facility (with the big gun on your back) also causes this noise bug.

EDIT: Moonstone also causes this issue, along with the form you take under water.

EDIT: The veiny blood form (specifically from blood blocks, the corrupt dirt one works fine) also has this issue, along with the issue of being invisible while mining.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  8. Lance Hancock

Lance Hancock Existential Complex

The mod looks cool but I am hesitant to get it out of fear it being unbalanced. How balanced is the mod?

9. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

very balance the mod mentions that you craft different staffs which increase your damage and are tiered so the tier 1 staff is recommended for mostly harmless planets and the tier 8 is recommended for INSANE planets. essentially its really the tiered staffs doing the damage.

10. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

I am nuker19, underground gamer and mod fanatic and this is my favorite mod on the forums
    [​IMG]

11. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

where would the *general crafting* be? would you mean you basic crafting the one that doesn't require a station? if so then this mod doesn't work with the nightly

12. marac008

marac008 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yea, Starbender station should be in general crafting when you press C, but as I mentioned this mod is for stable version, and by that I mean it has been only tested on stable version.[DOUBLEPOST=1433810121][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Do you play on stable version?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  13. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

thanks for the reply and yes i have tested both stable and unstable and no it doesn't work on unstable as in you simply cant see it in the crafting menu thanks for the reply though ill just wait till unstable is stable

14. Tuesday's Eyebrow

Tuesday's Eyebrow Phantasmal Quasar

This is pretty fantastic, but I'm curious. The description describes "down+left/right = Melee Attack" but that does nothing. So I looked into your .lua file, and found no mention of a Melee attack, but did find a number of disabled functions. Those being: Blink, Grab, Dashattack (Left and right), MecSecFire (MechFire and MechAltFire were fire and transform, respectively, so perhaps MechSecFire was meant to be melee?), Jetpack and Levitate. which I found odd, since they are mentioned all over the place throughout your code. Did you disable them because they're not ready yet? or did you just forget to put the controls in? or was it originally part of another mod?

15. marac008

No, this is lua code from my other mod, Starmount, I just adjusted it, and all those features were used there but aren't used here, and probably won't be, but about Melee Attack, I didn't implement that because I had to make whole new set of animations, for which I didn't have time.

Though I will fix that description, remove Melee Attack.

16. marac008

17. Drcokee

Drcokee Space Spelunker

Does it not work on multiplayer?

18. KazanaAoi

It works in Multiplayer just fine, but for it to work properly it would have to be installed both on the client AND on the server. (For the server to properly register events) as well as on the clients of other players (So that they can see the form and events as well)

This stands true for basically every mod currently out for starbound, If its installed on both the Clients AND on the Server, it should work relatively fine. If it isnt, issues will often arise.

19. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This mod looks AMAZING, and I really want to try it out, but how do you unrar the file?

20. marac008

You need WinRar (there are others but for this example I will use WinRar), install it, and then right click on StarBender_1.3.rar and click Extrct Here, then put the files you Extracted in Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods