1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Uros IV (RAM's version) V 4.0

A ship that's a small, domed world.

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

greenRAM submitted a new mod:

Uros IV (RAM's version) - A ship that's a small, domed world.

Read more about this mod...

2. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Two words: Holy heck.

3. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

4. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

I'm~ Not quite sure how this works... I mean, the top part at least on the last tier. Sure, it looks nice and you can actually make your ship a full asteroid colony and all that, but... <_> The top part just sounds strange to me.

5. greenRAM

Yes it is! Very strange, that is.

The idea was to make it fully functional on the first major upgrade. After that upgrades are fun and useful, but not necessary. Maybe, I'll make another one that expands horizontally. That might be much more useful, and not quite so strange.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  6. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

He don't like the thought of floating earth above him?

7. greenRAM

8. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

The problem isn't floating earth, it is just that it is two "floors", and the character can't even "stand" on it properly. If starbound was 3d and this was a cylindrical thing, where you walked on the walls, 360° a la Mario Galaxy, then yes, it'd make a lot of sense. That's why it feels weird to me, there is no "reverse gravity and walk on the ceiling" system, unless maybe paired with the gravitron mod.

9. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

I see ya point... Wouldn't make much sense but what evers I'm making a mission as we speak :rofl: pixel by pixel :cry:

Yanazake likes this.
  10. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

Is there any chance of compatibility for some of the more prominent custom races like Avali?

11. greenRAM

I don't really play with custom races, and I tend to just make stuff for myself and then sometimes share what's interesting. I wouldn't be against other people that are familiar with the big custom races to create compatible version edits if they're up for it. Shouldn't be too bad as long as their dropships are the same initial design as the vanilla races'.

At the moment, I'm attempting to create a version of the mod that expands horizontally and vertically. I'm imagining a really, really big dome. It may take awhile. Hopefully, I'm not overextending what the shipworld is capable of.

12. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Considering there is a "build your own ship" mod, i doubt it.

13. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Uros IV (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

New design!

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1432795742][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Got it up now. Glad it worked out as it took awhile to put it together. The main problem with it being so big is that It takes a bit to load after updating to a new tier. Other than that it seems to work well so far.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  14. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

it would be great if grass was in this, it just seems a little wierd with no grass it feels too mountany and stuff

15. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

I guess Starbound needs a growing grass system, like terraria had.

And yes, this makes more sense, it still is mostly a dome and still gets larger. :up:

16. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

I like the idea and implementation but dislike the background picture that is used (ie the hills and forest). Would be perfect at least for me and others that do not like having to cover it up. Any possible way to make a version without the background picture. One question i have on the design of the new material, the ground is not level it goes from being level to lopsided on one side. Dont know if this was intentional or not. Thank you for making this mod.[DOUBLEPOST=1432813339][/DOUBLEPOST]@riscles their is a mod called staff of regrowth for replacing grass on dirt. Not sure if it up to date or not.

17. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

This is officially the most awesome non-build-your-own enormous ship mod. <3.

When breaking the black glass in the sand mountain I get a PGI though. (Might be due to a mod conflict? iuno. 109~+ mods installed atm, and Stained Glass is one of them, and I'm pretty sure it includes a 'blackglass'

Not particularly important, Just figured I'd bring it up. PS: Love your mods

18. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

It is for Upbeat giraffe, and from the comments, should still be working on spirited giraffe. It is simple enough for that, i have to admit, it'll likely keep working until CF makes some incredibly drastic change to the game, since it is basically a hoe that instead of adding the plantable cover for dirt blocks, adds the different covers the game has.

19. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

THX

20. greenRAM

Were you thinking about another background, or just cutting the background all together to make it feel more like colonizing an asteroid?

edit: I've set up the new background without the greenery, if that's what you meant, and I also made the ground level on the other side instead of sloping down for the edited design. Am I interpreting your suggestion correctly? I'll have it up right after I get a chance to test it all out properly.

Are you using it in stable? If another mod broke the black glass materiel it could have caused a problem, while if the mod changed the black glass to work differently or look differently it would still work. Ship mods just name the material that is being placed without changing anything.

Last edited: May 29, 2015