A night at the Opera with Mitsuda and Kikuta

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Beatrice, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Mitsuda, Chrono Trigger: Spekkio. Another quintet. Yeah, we weren't lazy, a nice perfomance, by the way.

2. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Kikuta, Secret of Mana: Mana Fortress. A fabulous quintet in front of a giant lion head. :p

3. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

The Overworld Theme from Super Mario World played by a Quintet.

4. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Kikuta, Seiken Densetsu 3: Swivel. This is a trio, including Beatrice's famous belly dance. May include adult content. :p

5. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Uematsu, Final Fantasy: Chocobo. I uploaded this theme last month, but this time I played it in a group. :)

6. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Mitsuda, Chrono Trigger: Lucca. And another quintet.

7. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Kikuta, Secret of Mana: The Little Sprite. This is a quintet in contrast to the solo perfomance some time ago.

8. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah man, you're awesome.
    Would you make a cameo in an episode of "Captain's Log" when it comes out? That'd be so wicked cool. You'd probably be playing at the Cosmic Cafe. ;)

Beatrice likes this.
  9. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

How would that work? :D

10. ZallCaTor

Well, in Episode 5, or so, Jude visits the "Cosmic Cafe" and in the cafe I planed to have a band playing on a stage in the background. I didn't really know how to go about it, but here you are! You'd be perfect.

Ok, so here's how it would work.

First, I would have you record your band playing the song, then I would have you join the server where I record the scenes, probably via the use of Hamachi.
    I would have the set all prepared on the server, I would have you take your places and begin playing on my cue. I would then control the characters in the scene while you played in the background. This process takes a bit, as I have to control each character individually, so there are a lot of cuts. That's why I need the separate recording of your band, so that I can splice it over the footage. You'd essentially be lip syncing.

Or, an easier method for you, would be to have you do just the recording, and then I would put duplicates of you on the stage doing the motions while the recording of your song played. The effect would be exactly the same, only difference is that I would be controlling the silent motions of the stage characters, and not your band. I would also require the character config files for each band member, which I imagine, is less desirable.

And of course, the name of your band would be on a banner above the stage. As well as your name, and the name of the band members, in the credits, both at the beginning as "Special Guests/Camios", and at the end under "Special Thanks."

11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Seems interesting! Before we go into the details: which song do you want?

12. ZallCaTor

I really don't know. I was thinking, something along the lines of the Star Wars canteena song. Something like that, but not that song in particular.
    Something kinda jazzy that plays well in the foreground of a scene. Kinda quiet, and or peppy. If you know what I mean.

But I'll watch your videos and see if any of the ones you've already played fit well, and I'll let you know.

Btw, episode 5 won't roll around for a while, so I won't be needing this for a few months.

Beatrice likes this.
  13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Ok, cool. I'll be also away for a month or so until June. However, I'm now more frequently on the forums and will have a look in this and your thread, if something changes. :)

ZallCaTor likes this.
  14. ZallCaTor

Okay. Thanks! ;)

15. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Kikuta, Secret of Mana: The second truth from the left.

Long time has passed since the last video. This one is still one from the legendary "San Geronimo concert", an evening back in January, when we performed music for three hours. I would say that this was a highlight (in a row of highlights!), because it had six musicians. You don't see sextets this often... one of my favorites. :)

16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Something completly different: Age of Empires 2, Lawrence.

What happened? Well, this song was played by me and some friends "by case", and I recorded it. And as I didn't post a video for some time, I decided to upload it. More "classical" Mistdua/Kikuta/Uematsu/Kondo-stuff next time. Promised! :)

DrVoodoo and DragonsForce like this.
  17. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Mitsuda, Radical Dreamers: Day of Summer (Trio).

Note the change of the weather and the changing mood of the song! :D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  18. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Only a very short video this time... Mega Man 2, played by a Trio.

dark_fire_angel likes this.
  19. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Kikuta, Sceret of Mana: Orphan of the Storm. This is a Quartet.

DragonsForce likes this.
  20. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Niccce... Well done again! I do love that background :)
    Also, post No.100 :D

Beatrice likes this.