1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali - Compound Tech Bow v1.1

Adds an Avali-themed bow to the game. Includes an animated weapon mount version!

1. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I discussed the lore of Avali bows with RyuujinZERO when I first started making these mods, and ultimately since the Avali evolved on a low gravity world, they would never have used/invented them. Because of this, I decided to go with the whole "made with stolen technology" angel. I hear what you're saying, but I honestly don't have the time to create more content or modify existing content with regards to this mod. I'm also quite bored of Starbound at the moment - I thought I would be able to get back into it when 1.0 came out, but after waiting an entire year, I found the update rather deflating, like I was expecting more for the amount of time we waited, and the fact that it broke every single mod.

So in summation, good ideas, but I will not be applying any changes/updated to this mod for the time being. :[

2. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Just wanted to point out that the new Giraffe versions are not the 1.0 release, the game is not there yet, 1.0 will be when they finally implement the full story and alternate modes of progression (instead of just combat missions) so Starbound is not at 1.0 yet.

I agree there isn't a whole lot of new content currently with the Giraffe updates, though I personally love ship size upgrades and pets =3

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  3. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

Awww :c[DOUBLEPOST=1430244668][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So, if you have no intention of updating it yourself, maybe i could have permision to edit it? Whether or not you then use said update is your choice, as the mod Master.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  4. Ulithium_Dragon

I don't really know what you're asking - just because I have no interest at the moment in Starbound doesn't mean I won't play it in the future. Furthermore, I consider this mod to be "completed", i.e. it has accomplished what it set out to do - add an Avali-themed bow. What you're suggesting are simply minor tweaks. As such, I see no real need to implement them.

Feel free to edit them in for your own personal use, but since what you suggest falls under the category of "this is an alternate way to do what you already did", I don't see the need to add them in at this time.

OssomSagax likes this.
  5. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

Ok, fair enough.

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Uhhh say... is it normal that the Tier 4 Bow takes more than 840 energy per shot? my Avali is wearing full Cerulium inserts and I can only fire once xD its ok because the energy regen is enought ot fire 1 shot per 3 seconds

edit: it also does 20000 damage... its pretty nice...

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  7. Ulithium_Dragon

I didn't attempt to rebalance it for the latest version of Starbound, as my interest in Starbound is very low atm (I also was never really sure what to put the damage at - I'm generally a casual gamer and don't mind OP stuff).

Corraidhín likes this.
  8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ahh I feel ye, my interest in starbound lies on what updates they come up with and mod testing mostly. As for the opness it makes the bow pretty fun! wish the aoe dmg on multiplayer was still here... ah well