1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you talking about fixed weapons crafted, or the generated ones from treasurepools?
    Also I'm not concerned for reviving this mod. I still think the original devs behind Starfoundry will pick it up one day, when the coast is clear. I just want to help individuals who still want to try to get it working at least, to the best of my limited knowledge of modding and the patch system, that is.

2. Zizzy

Zizzy Void-Bound Voyager

I have verified that this is the problem:
    [
    "nocollision" : {
    "gravityMultiplier" : 0.0,
    "bounceFactor" : 1.0,
    "maxMovementPerStep" : 0.4,
    "groundSlideMovementEnabled" : false,
    "collisionPoly" : [],
    "ignorePlatformCollision" : true,
    "groundFriction" : 0,
    "airFriction" : 0,
    "liquidFriction" : 0,
    "speedLimit" : null
    }
    ]
    if anyone knows how to do nocollision with the new version starfoundry would be in a workable state that is the only issue left...[DOUBLEPOST=1430370909][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i know it's the projectiles folder because if i just remove that folder you can see the weapons again however you gotta have this for the energy nodes/wireless energy transfer

3. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ouch that's the meat and potatoes of the mod right there. I wonder what needs to be done.

4. Zizzy

Zizzy Void-Bound Voyager

Fixed:
    [
    }
    ]
    should be:
    [
    {
    }
    }
    ]

However there is now new errors due to the rest of the mod now loading so.....back to work :D[DOUBLEPOST=1430375384][/DOUBLEPOST]These are no longer needed because of how tech is now handled in the newest version of starbound.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\starfoundry\recipes_creative
    delete: ptmagnetizer_chip.recipe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\starfoundry\recipes\foundry\magnets
    delete: ptmagnetizer_chip.recipe

The newest version requires all recipes to have a item file.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\starfoundry\items\generic\crafting
    create: quarry_marker.item
    {
    "itemName" : "quarry_marker",
    "rarity" : "Common",
    "inventoryIcon" : "quarry_markericon.png",
    "description" : "A marker for the quarry.",
    "shortdescription" : "Quarry Marker"
    }

Lucky for us the creator for starfoundry already had an icon art it just needs to copied to the item folder
    copy:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\starfoundry\objects\wired\tile\quarry
    quarry_markericon.png
    to:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\starfoundry\items\generic\crafting

the game should now be in a playable state. already redid the code for the tech just can't figure out how to add it to the new starbound tech list yet. you must delete the universe folder to have the world regenerate. the first time you create a character it may take about 1-2 minutes to load but everything should be fine from then on

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  5. Zizzy

Zizzy Void-Bound Voyager

6. Lance Hancock

Lance Hancock Existential Complex

7. DrakoZ

DrakoZ Pangalactic Porcupine

"objectName" : "advancedgenerator",
    "rarity" : "Common",
    "description" : "A generator that is powered by an input pipe.",
    "shortdescription" : "Advanced Generator",
    "race" : "generic",
    "price" : 200,
    --------------> "objectType" : "wire", < ------------- delete
    "printable" : false,

8. RavenDust

RavenDust Scruffy Nerf-Herder

walliedirt likes this.
  9. Ramlock

Ramlock Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm currently working on getting the lua back online. If anyone else is doing the same or wants to help, please contact me or post here and I'll pm.

I'd also really appreciate it if anyone has any tips or ways to contact either the original modder or Starbound's devs about getting the rights to continue developing this mod.

--EDIT--

I could also really use a help from someone better used to LUA and Starbound's API, even if that someone doesn't yet know anything about how this mod works. Though I am a game developer/programmer, it still takes me time to adapt my thoughts to the syntax. Most of the time I just have no idea what funcions are available to me and what parameters they take. Guess I'm too used to more powerful languages...

--EDIT 2--

I was just reading the thread about abandoned mods and realised there's just never gonna be a way to revive this mod without the original author showing up, and I ain't got no spells to summon him, so I guess instead I'll have to make my own mod from scratch, cause Starfoundry is dead and is still likely to stay dead. In any case, my previous call for help still aplies, but I also add the need for designers to make the sprites. Thank you.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    walliedirt likes this.
  10. Lance Hancock

Well it nice that it doesn't crash and I can place them, except the mod doesn't seem to function. Like I tried using solar power to power my batteries and it didn't do anything.

11. Ramlock

The answer to you is already there:
    The lua scripts are broken, and though I was going to fix them, I realised it's not worth it since we are not actually allowed to do so anyway... Plus, they're so broken the main function doesn't even seem to be getting called at all.

12. walliedirt

walliedirt Void-Bound Voyager

If you do start to work on something like this please post it here. So we all know what it would be called and then we could download the beast :metroid: Wish I knew lua (C++) to help... :cry:

13. Ramlock

I can't post about my own mod in another mod's thread, but I can stay in contact with people that are interested and keep them up-to-date. The development has already started, but I haven't decided what I'm gonna call it yet.

If you are well experienced with Starbound, it's mods and/or Starfoundry and similars, I could also use the help. There's no C++ in starbound's mods that I see, though, I believe it's really just lua.

RavenDust likes this.
  14. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Could you make the pipes and pumps a priority, those are kinda something the game is lacking that it needs, that some laders/ropes you can climb, elevators, and some sensor that detects key items

>.>

Hehehe yah there some important things missing that could really improve things.

15. MAGWolfen

MAGWolfen Aquatic Astronaut

Will this mod ever be updated?

16. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Probably not, but features of it will probably make their way into the vanilla game since two of the Starbound devs worked on Starfoundry.

17. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Must say, I'm certainly interested.

18. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

this mod miss me so much :'(

it was one of the best !!

19. Lance Hancock

It WAS the best in my opinion.

20. BadShaddy

BadShaddy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Best mod ever, it would be wonderful to see it implemented in the vanilla game.