1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED 「COLOREBOUND」 1.0.1

Adds a very subtle glow to several ores to make them easier to find (without them becoming beacons).

1. Seraphi

Seraphi Phantasmal Quasar

It will work, BUT they do conflict, so you're going to have to decide which plutonium, solarium and uranium glow effects you want to keep.

If you want to keep my glow effects, then you don't need the Utility Glowing Fuel mod at all.

If you want to keep the glow effects from the Utility Glowing Fuel mod for those three specific ores, then you're going to need to use [COLOREBOUND] as the base mod, unpack the files from the Utility Glowing Fuel .modpack, and then copy the three files over the ones from [COLOREBOUND].

So, what you'll end up with is like 85% [COLOREBOUND] and 15% Utility Glowing Fuel.

2. Retr0

Retr0 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well I do want to include this mod in my mod pack, but I can't change any assets and distribute them, so I was just confused. I know how to merge the two mods together, but my question is: could I? Thanks.

3. Seraphi

Yeah, go right ahead. (・ω・)b

It occurs to me that an easier way to "merge" the two would be to just delete the plutonium, solarium, and uranium files from [COLOREBOUND].

The "don't change assets thing" is mostly a "hey, don't just change the numerical values and upload it as your own mod" kind of thing.

4. Retr0

Retr0 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks, I'll send you the link to the modpack when its updated! :D

Seraphi likes this.
  5. yoshinatsu

yoshinatsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so much for your great work, Seraphi!
    It'd be so awesome if this worked for the ores found on Frackin' Universe!

Seraphi likes this.
  6. Seraphi

Edit: oh, wait, I misunderstood what you said. You mean, for ores added by Frackin' Universe?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  7. yoshinatsu

yoshinatsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yup.

8. deker12

deker12 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This doesn't appear to work with the new Pleased Giraffe update.

9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

If you install it properly, it should.

Seraphi likes this.
  10. CSRSS

CSRSS Void-Bound Voyager

What does "installing properly" entail? I have it in the mods folder as it should be, everything seems in order but it's not working.

11. CSRSS

CSRSS Void-Bound Voyager

If someone could help me with this, I would be eternally grateful.

12. Photosynthetic

Photosynthetic Space Spelunker

I don't know how to install it "correctly", but I was able to fix it. The reason it doesn't work is because they changed how ore glow works in the game. This mod currently uses really low decimal values (0.020, 0.045, etc.) and in this new version of the game they changed it so you need WAY bigger numbers. For example, the value of core fragments was 0.45, 0.17, 0. Now it's 115, 45, 0. The mod isn't broken, the glow is just way too low to see. The only way I found you could see it was by bumping the numbers up in the files.

Seraphi likes this.
  13. ded1

ded1 Void-Bound Voyager

Can you make a version for frackin universe? That way the added ores will glow as well.

14. Seraphi

It's ten months after the fact, but thanks for posting this information. I've just started playing Starbound again, and I still can't stand digging around in the dark for ore, but also couldn't figure out why the [COLOREBOUND] mod wasn't working anymore.

15. Seraphi

16. Seraphi

Seraphi updated 「COLOREBOUND」 with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...