1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Arcane Add On 1.9.02 DROPBOX

Interesting Tiered Magic, Balanced for the Game.

1. DracoScale

DracoScale Phantasmal Quasar

indeed, what they fell is true.
    this mod was one of the best in it's category of "fantasy" so i applaud you for making it last so long, and i hope it can return
    for this mod, as many will say WAS TOTAL CRAY YO! :)

Seterwind likes this.
  2. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

You said to wait for the next major patch, would Spirited Giraffe be that one? Or am I thinking too early?

3. Azareel

Azareel Void-Bound Voyager

First saw this back when it was compatible with the (then) current version. Didn't get time until now to give it a try, but now it's no longer compatible. Sad day. :c

I hope to see an updated version in the future! As sad as it may sound, this mod is currently the only one I'm interested in. Haha.

4. Seterwind

Seterwind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm glad there is still lots of interest. I have been contacted by a user who wishes to update and have given him permission. Personally I will update once Starbound is out of Early Access, this is what I have been saying recently. This is due to the fact that until then it'll be too much work to deal with the randomness of Chucklefishs' update schedule, and the amount of work to go into my next update I wish not to be ruined by the whimsy of the developer.

Sarusei and HyperMan19680 like this.
  5. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

I hate to necropost like this, but any news on the other person's updating?

6. Seterwind

Nothing sadly he has yet to contact me again and I have not seen a mod posted by him.

7. DracoScale

I went out of the pirated version just so I could play with this mod as soon as it updates again. I hope you feel important, cuz' you are ;) Congrats on making such a great mod that it pushed me to buy the game itself
    :party::love::headbanging:

8. Seterwind

Thank you, I am very flattered that you would go to those lengths to play my mod. I look forward to the final release of Starbound so that I can confidently update this mod.

9. Atlas22

Atlas22 Void-Bound Voyager

Please update this mod to 'Pleased Giraffe' :(

10. DracoScale

I think he is only going to update the mod when they finish developing the game... however long may that be... :(

11. Seterwind

DracoScale is right, I have got quite a lot to do, but I will happily support and help anyone who wants to give it a go to update this mod. Once Starbound releases it's version 1.0, I am hoping all the aspects this mod covers will be stable enough to do a large update on.

12. DracoScale

Do I ever hope that will be soon rather than late... I just loved to blink without a care for walls and other mortal objects, good times, good times...

13. kidthig

kidthig Void-Bound Voyager

is it out for stable yet

14. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope you get this mod updated to a current version sometime in the future.

15. Seterwind

Will do, as soon as they release version 1.0 of the game.

16. DracoScale

17. Seterwind

Yep and I am eagerly looking forward to it. I've got a bunch of great balance math going for spell progression, and some cool effects lined up from the nightly builds. This will be awesome!

DragonSoulSong likes this.
  18. Seterwind

Hi all, figured I would post my plan for my update to 1.0.

The first thing the nightly builds shows is that they still haven't finalized there damage scale or combat. So when 1.0 comes out I will need to spend time getting through the core gameplay again to figure how I will want to balance my mod. I will be working on the UI for the magic system first.

First the system will allow you to build your own spell out of effects you find. You will be able to dismantle weapons and staffs to gain these effects. Then you can put these effects together to form your own spells. The total cost of building the spell will depend on the effects and the power of the effects.

Example of Effects: Heal Self, Heal Other, Launch Fireball , Split Projectile, Homing Projectile.

Example Spells: Heal Self, Launch a Splitting Fireball. Fire a healing homing projectile.

I will also add custom effects that you will be able to find/create in the world depending on how editable that is come 1.0. I might have random spawning NPC's that may teach you if I cannot spawn a book/scroll item.

You will have to pay a cost based off of four components. You will smelt things you find to get the 4 types of components. Power, Force, Stability, Matter.

Power Cost comes based on the Area of the spell. A large projectile will cost more power component then a small projectile.

Force Cost comes based on the magnitude of effect the spell has. A high amount of healing instantly will have a high cost, a small amount of healing over time will have a lower cost, a small amount of healing the lowest cost.

Stability Cost comes from complexity of effects. A projectile has little Stability cost. A Projectile that homes, and splits will have a high Stability cost.

Matter Cost comes from the amount of effects a spell has. A healing spell that also launches a damaging projectile will have a high Matter cost.

Once you create the spell, you will be prompted to create the motions required to cast the spell. The amount of steps a spell takes to cast depends on the complexity of the effects. So high matter spells takes more keystrokes to cast.

Spell books will only be able to hold limited amount of power. I have a draft idea for how to distinguish which of your spell books have which spells.

There will be varying level of spell books with a variety of effects, based on the current crafting system progression. I.E Rubium spell books, Dura Steel spell books ect.

Spell books sadly will not be able to be shared, as the information will be stored locally and not on the server.

Scrolls will make a return as well, they cost no energy to cast but are consumed.

Hope you all look forward to the update as much as I am.

19. DracoScale

Oh cmon Starbound!! go to 1.0 already!! I know I'll have to wait until you do complete it when 1.0 arrives but REALLY?! Really?! Does it have to take so long!! :chrono::yuno:

Seterwind likes this.
  20. alexACE

alexACE Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes. Yes it does.
    :lickitung: