1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Takane "Ene" Enomoto Ship AI 1.9.1 I'm Sorry

Ene from Kagerou Project/Mekakucity Actors Ship AI

1. gatosardina

gatosardina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

can try
    what seems to be the matter?

2. Kyroxus

Kyroxus Phantasmal Quasar

3. gatosardina

it seems to work if you replace the ai folder inside the mod with the ene ai
    maybe the avail modder made a patch so the avail mod assets can't be modified by an external mod, but it sounds odd as the avail was supposed to be "universally compatible" with the other mods

4. Kyroxus

I'd thought about that, and yeah, it is quite odd, im going to do some picking around the files and see if i can figure out a workaround of sorts.

5. jasonmbrown

jasonmbrown Void-Bound Voyager

So Im getting an error when i use 3 mods *its breaking my ships custom AI* The Error Is causing the Default AI to load

the 3 mods in question are as follows:
    Neko Race http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/neko-race-mod.2339/
    Big Chat http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/big-chat.74150/
    Ene S.A.I.L AI (Neko) http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/takane-ene-enomoto-ship-ai.2829/

Im leaving a message in each of the discussions.

Again The Only thing That the combination of these mods seems to break Is the Ships Custom AI (Ene S.A.I.L AI) Since at this point I have no Idea why I need 4 mods to reproduce this bug.

Heres the Servers Log *Its the same in single player* http://pastebin.com/adC7XaA5

the Error In question is "Error: Could not apply patch from backend: Folder <../giraffe_storage/mods\ENE ship ai (Neko)\.>. Caused by: Could not apply patch to base. Could not apply operation to base. Could not find "neko" to remove."
    I asked the IRC They told me to contact each of the devs for the mods causing the issue. If you want me to get any other info let me know!

*PS: It seems to be caused by MANY combinations of mods. So im not even sure which dev to get ahold of, The race or the ai, or the other random mods.*

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  6. gatosardina

i think i may have found a solution here
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/madtulip-s-spaceship-mod.59/
    this part precisely:
    - Race Mods
    If you want to use this mod with custom races i recommend taking a look at this example 3rd party mod which i wrote for the ningen race.:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/46wj93unl3mf4wc/madtulip_ningen.zip?dl=0
    The working principle is as follows.: The third party mod is dependend on both this mod and the ningen race mod. Therefor it loads last overwriting all changes done by the one or the other. It then makes the required changes

could it be that this mod loads before the avali mod? therefore it's adding an ai for a race that doesn't exist for the game, since the avali mod hasnot yet being loaded

7. Kyroxus

Hm, interesting, as far as I know, none of my other users have experienced this, so i'd assume that it might be other mods conflicting, but either way i'll look into it. try running the game without the "Big Chat" mod and let me know if it still gives you an error[DOUBLEPOST=1430165929][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I've considered that and it might be a reason it's not working, but i can't seem to figure out if i can switch the loading priority, but im going to look into the link you just posted.

8. jasonmbrown

kyroxus about the error, It would seem to be mod load order... I pulled all the stuff from your mod and stuck it into the neko race mod changing "replace" to "add" and it doesnt error anymore... I assume because its actually finding the neko race now...

I asked the IRC They said It has something to do with Dependencies. However I dont know how one sets that up. GL fixing it.

Edit:
    If i understand correctly from what I read you need to add
    "requires": ["race name"]
    Into the .modinfo? But Im not sure, I havent actually done any mod making yet but i plan to get into it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  9. Kyroxus

Iv'e been working on adding dependencies, but am getting syntax errors, i'm still looking into this.

jasonmbrown and Kayuko like this.
  10. jasonmbrown

If i get it working il send it to you. Seems like an ok place to start, is tweaking other mods :). hopefully you don't mind?

11. Kyroxus

Of course! thank you for your help!

12. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Just curious, where's your problem adding the dependencies? o:

13. Kyroxus

I'll get a syntax error every time i try, i mean, feel free to give it a shot, and you'll see what i mean, or maybe not, i don't really know why it does it, ill check the error again.

14. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Ene .modinfo file:

{
    "name" : "ENE ship ai -Neko",
    "version" : "",
    "path" : ".",
    "dependencies" : ["Neko Race Mod"],
    "metadata": {
    "author" : "",
    "description" : "",
    "support_url" : ""
    }
    }

Doesn't get me a syntax error, always pay attention to commas and qoutemarks if it tells you theres a syntax error.
    Some info on dependencies that might help you, too:

Dependencies force the mod you set the dependency for (in this case, Ene's Ship AI) to load after the mod it's dependent on, in this case this'll solve the error regarding the missing Neko-species line.

If you do this with all the custom parts this kind of error shouldn't appear anymore. However, pay attention you use the name the mods specify in their .modinfo files, don't use the foldernames, they often do not match.

Hope that helped you solve the problem.

15. Kyroxus

Thanks for the help, but it doesn't seem to fix my problem with the avali mod, but thanks anyways

16. Zannah_Bane

Zannah_Bane Void-Bound Voyager

17. Kyroxus

Sure Thing!

18. Kyroxus

Kyroxus updated Takane "Ene" Enomoto Ship AI with a new update entry:

Stubborn Mods

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qv0z5pgiwsnyce/Ene_Avali.rar?dl=0

There you go.

Little explanation:

I'm sure you're aware of that by now, but your mod modifies mods, hence it needs to be loaded after the base mod, theres no other way.
    That's usually done by dependencies, HOWEVER!...
    For whatever strange reason the new avali contains an include for Frackin Universe, lowering the order-priority of itself.
    The easiest way to avoid confliction with avali's include and still get Ene to load last is using your own include, in this case "includes" : [ "Avali"].
    This in combination with the dependency on avali makes sure Ene's Ai loads after Avalis racemod, avoiding the errors and making it avaliable for use.

Tested and working for me, drop me a message if there are still errors.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  20. Kyroxus

Thanks for your help! I'm very interested in including this in the mod if that would be okay with you, with proper credit of course.