1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Rubinelle

Rubinelle Void-Bound Voyager

Still crashes. Something to do with the NPC files, then when i remove those, it says errors with OTHER files.

2. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Please post your starbound.log, otherwise we can't help any ;)

3. gatosardina

gatosardina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey fevix!
    You asked what happened when i tried to use this race in multiplayer
    Well... When i connected to the server thr game got bugged. It's kinda difficult to explain what happened. I was sort of warping in and out of the ship in an endless loop (not exactly that, but that'll do the trick)
    I didn't have any other multiplayer-conflictive mod.
    After that, I went to single player again, and the vital parts of the ship were missing: the locker, the tech station, the door to the cockpit, the teleporter and the captain chair (just realised I haven't check if the research station is gone too). I could hotfix this by using the creative mode mod and spawning all of these. Nevertheless I no longer have access to the cockpit, and although the rest of the functionality has been restored, it's a bit annoying

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

As with other multiplayer mod issues, does the server you were attempting to connect to have the same mod as you installed?

5. gatosardina

It certainly did not haha
    But there are some mods that do not require the server to have it installed, so I gave it a try

6. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Any mod that adds new content to Starbound, such as blocks, items, or races, are incompatible with servers that do not have them, and vice versa.
    Mods that modify vanilla content (IE mods that alter the skin of a race for you, but not others, a la Podtheca and Novaskins) but add nothing new are compatible.

7. Marik Vash

Marik Vash Void-Bound Voyager

Just a minor update for the sake of Mackinz for helping me out earlier, but so far everything's working perfectly!

And just to throw my own two cents into the discussion: As for Character Creation Extender mods, I've been using this mod. Personally, I've been very happy with it and haven't had any issues. It's worked perfectly with the Avali (Triage) mod, and every other race mod I've tested out so far.

8. Zero the Reploid

Zero the Reploid Big Damn Hero

Nice port! Very nice to have the avali mod back in action, not to mention for the latest version on such short notice. Seriously, kudos. The only problems I'm noticing are that the tent roofs on avali camps do not generate. You can still craft and place them, but they don't seem to appear at all in the settlement, other than the decorative awning. Also the tent doors, those won't generate either, but the difference here is that you can't place them. Crafting them is possible, but they have no tile texture when in game and will not place, despite the matter manipulator beam color changing to indicate that placement should be possible. I don't recall these issues taking place in the koala versions, so I don't know what's up.

9. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I'm not entirely sure what's going on regarding those tent pieces, and honestly I probably won't be touching it.
    The doors, though, I'll look into it. Give me a bit.

10. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

gatosardina and Yanazake like this.
  11. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

12. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Oh nice, is this working on Spirited Giraffe? It seriously should be included on the mod if possible.

13. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I don't think weapon mods would have been broken in SG, so yes, it's working.
    As for including it in the mod, I don't see why I should take it from Ulithium. Keeping the bow as a separate mod allows Ulithium to update at his own pace, without having to use me as a go-between.

Yanazake likes this.
  14. gatosardina

would it be possible for you to increase the health of the avail shields?
    all of them have 100 health, and renders them unusable at high tiers, when they have more than double that

15. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I could, yes. I wouldn't know what values to increase them to, though.

16. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Highest shield value i have found up until now is 235. It is marked as "COMMON", and was found randomly on higher tier planets, like lava-covered ones. I don't think i could craft any shields besides the avali ones.

17. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

What 'level' was that shield?

Edit: I've got some rough values in for the shields on my end. I'll work on weapons this afternoon, but for now I gotta get to my job. Expect an update this afternoon.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Yanazake likes this.
  18. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

That's the problem, it doesn't seem to show level, or i'm not sure where to look. They aren't crafted, they are mostly procedural in name, strenght and form.

19. drakarna

drakarna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I feel like it may have been lost in other discussions, but what about the possibility of incorporating the Avali Merchants Mod?

20. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

If that mod is updated to SG, the odds are small, unless that mod's author comes to me personally and asks for their mod to be included in this one.