1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I've attempted to contact him numerous times, via PM and page comments, but he seems to be ignoring pretty much everyone.

2. Cryostratos

Cryostratos Phantasmal Quasar

This means that the mod is unofficially functioning, but officially - the mod is d e a d.

3. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

4. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

What post/link/source gives you this idea? It'd be a shame if this were the case.... I love the Avali race, and would quite honestly prefer to play it over any other.

5. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

If you're willing to look through Ryuu's posts you will find his statement on the mod, and Starbound.

6. LegendXCarisso

Yeah... I discovered it soon after I made this post, as it was driving me a little crazy. The good news being he at least will let us continue the mod... or something. A real shame he isn't satisfied with the results. Can't blame him though; as a fellow nomad myself, I find it hard to be satisfied with one place... always moving. It'll be interesting to see what nooks and crannies the Avali will crop up from in the ether. With that being said, I hope he finds his destined platform in which to release the Avali. I see he's eying Star Citizen.... that would be a beautiful entry point actually.

Well, he gave us this to work with though, so I can't be more happy. Vanilla races are all built using the same bi-pedal structure... different colors, but same builds; no oddities. Avali gives me this. I tire of playing the same ol' bi-pedal/human races. Variety is the spice of life, they say.

7. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Also Fevix just uploaded his updated version as the Avali Triage so you can still get Avali, just check the other mod to get it.

8. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Star Citizen? That's something i'll have to look up on.

Anyway, I can't agree more with Legend here, since forever, when i was asked to make my own character, i tried to make him/her something different. If i can't, i have a basic option to go for, but when it's "just humans", it's a pain unless the game is really good. [monster hunter for instance] I can do some spritework on my own, and i've been thinking about modding starbound for a while. Can't do it now, but in the coming months [and since the mod may need a new update now that there is a NEW STABLE UPDATE, OMFG] please do remember my existance if you guys need something for them. Basic animation and spritework included. [well, SB uses mostly system-made animations -put the parts together and they work- while custom ones are for special things]

Edit: About star citizen... WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH OLD FASHIONED THIRD PERSON?? DX If it is modable, i hope that a third person mod can be made, because it can be interesting. Specially with the Avali.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  9. Christovski

Star Citizen could be cool, but the space exploration section is a waaaaays off, I backed it on KS a whiiiiile ago and they currently have the fighter arena thing working but I'm in it to be an explorer so I'm not gonna install it until they get the giant universe built =3

LegendXCarisso likes this.
  10. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

^ I'd rather go for No Man's Sky when it comes to exploration. But i have a real problem with first person, it irks me to absurd levels. I can play it if it's PART of the game [like aiming] instead of mandatory, or if the game isn't about action combat. I don't have an oculus rift to play in first person, you know? If i wanted that kind of view, i'd need one of the crazy headsets.

EDIT AGAIN: So, it seems weapons were modified, so avali weapons may need to be reworked, just saying. Saw that on the Frackin' Universe thread.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  11. xXflamehawkXx

xXflamehawkXx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you wanna start a mod I could help, I can code but I can't do sprites (I mean I made my profile pic but again that's not a sprite). So if you have an idea we can do that, that's another thing I lack, ideas.

This is just to let you know.
    So... it probably won't happen for a while, but I can and will help if you want.

12. LegendXCarisso

CIG is developing it at a break-neck pace. Their current roadmap is:

A :: To get all the ships flying (or as many as possible) flight-ready, and functioning proper.
    B :: Star Marine... the FPS experience.
    C :: Multi-crew ships such as the Constellation functioning. These have multiple stations that need to be manned.
    D :: Social features... the things that will make the Persistent Universe function.
    E :: Squadron 42, the Single/Co-Op Player campaign that will follow the stories of the Spehce mehreens.
    F :: Persistent Universe attaining proper form.

A lot on their plate within the first year.

All I can say though is.... imagine.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  13. Deathglaive

Deathglaive Big Damn Hero

Please update this mod ASAP! or I will murder everyone O_O JK, but please update

14. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

15. Deathglaive

16. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Lazy or not, you should be perfectly capable of checking 10 or so posts above you, or browsing the Mods section for any relevant mods...

Ehksidian likes this.
  17. Deathglaive

meh

18. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

^ Someone drop a bomb on this guy's head, please...

19. Christovski

Don't feed the trolls :lickitung:

Also just abandon this thread and go to the Triage, I'm unsubbing from this one now cause it is obsolete :3

Yanazake likes this.
  20. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

It's not obsolete. If and when Ryuu gives an official update, this thread will be needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.