April 21st – [STABLE] Update Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Apr 21, 2015.

1. uforadiation

uforadiation Master Chief

Even though it says on Steam that its the unstable version, but the Starbound launcher says thats it's the stable version, is it ok? or do I need to do another manual update?

2. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

Thank you guys for fixing the server issues. I have to admit it's faaaaaaar better than before. Would be great if it wouldn't lag so much when one player is loading tho, but it's doing it way faster than before anyhow. Good job Chucklefish!

3. Aghork

Aghork Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does anyone know what happens when pets are at full hunger and are not being fed? Can they die? Will they just be grumpy?

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

When a pet dies for any reason, it respawns near-immediately. Logically, then, it'd just be grumpy.

Aghork likes this.
  5. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Lol, I'm just picturing some cat saying in a crabby, bass-y voice: "Dude, I've died like 5 times today! Put some food in the bowl, you lazy idiot."

Corraidhín and Kawa like this.
  6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

So... my home planet, which i have been working on since UG launched, is now lost to unknown coordinates (yeah i never wrote em down because you know... you dont expect the home button to disappear next time you log in) and every weapon/armor/recipe/piece of furniture I hoarded from exploring planets is now lost to the stars... hmm all right... I needed a fresh start anyway...

1John5vs7 likes this.
  7. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

You do expect the home button to disappear when Chucklefish mentions it will. And they did mention it when they announced the update 3 weeks ago. The information is here: http://playstarbound.com/april-2nd-unstable-update-notes/ in bold red font, at the top.

Ponjkl likes this.
  8. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Look at your universe folder, sounds like the biggest file will be your home planet. Type the coordinates in the file name in your navigation console, go there then bookmark your home planet. Done. ;)

Try a few variations if the coordinates don't work at first, there is an extra batch of numbers I think.

renbear and Kawa like this.
  9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

ah ty! I was looking for that actually, saved me a lot of trouble. (btw i did want a frsh start, hehe)[DOUBLEPOST=1429654209][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ty :3 I actually never left my planet... tee-hee

10. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I'm more interested in the next patch - when they fix combat.
    Will wait, engrossed in Darkout anyway...

11. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

So not to be Debbie Downer here or anything, but I really LIKED that when you logged out, it popped you back to your ship on the next login. I feel like this is going to make underground digging a real pain unless you add an item that gives players the ability to recall back to their base/ship like Terraria did with the Magic Mirror.

Unlike Terraria, you have way more than 1 world to explore in Starbound, and if each time I go exploring I have to build an egress-route in to my delvings, it just adds an unnecessary and unwelcome time-sink to the whole point of the game: exploration. I recognize that "IRL" exploration means planning an egress route, but this is a sci-fi game meant to be entertaining, not tedious. I already hacked and chiseled my way down to the core of the planet...why do I have to go through the boring process of walking back out of it?

Just a thought. I deeply appreciate the game and all the hard work you ladies and gents are putting in to it, I just think sometimes more could be done to minimize grinding/tedium and maximize the fun of actually adventuring and interacting with the world.

Also holy crap, you have to FEED pets in this game? I didn't know we went full-Tamagachi. You should never go full-Tamagachi.

I don't want to be given more responsibilities in a game, darn it all, and especially not as a reward for exploring the nooks and crannies of a mission-dungeon.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    samv, Corraidhín and MrChow like this.
  12. Yabrasy

Yabrasy Intergalactic Tourist

How do i update my starbound from steam???? its still in upbeat giraffe! sorry if its super simple but i just don't know how:(

13. JackedYourPizza

JackedYourPizza Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone have any information about adding hylotl/novakid cities, villages & dungeons? Cause.. That was promised like a year ago and it seems no one is even planning about implementing them

14. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The nook you are talking about has been replaced. The pets are just on your ship automatically, click here if you want to know more about the pets.

renbear likes this.
  15. Seanharrs

Seanharrs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great job! :)

Anyone fix the infinite status pods thing though? I noticed that if I found a pod, used it, and then "mined" the bit that remains (the base of it), I would get a status pod in my inventory that, when placed, would be able to be used again. So I can just use, "mine", place, repeat. It gives me different status effects, too.

16. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice. You guys pushed to stable. Now I get to see what I can recover from the server bug in unstable. Either way, back to work for me!

17. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

...okay, this new version has been "processing" my home planet coordinates for OVER AN HOUR. I'm not kidding. I left it on, went out of the house to run errands, and came back and it's still processing the goddamn coordinates. This is asinine.

Anyone know the admin code to beam my ship there?

If you're gonna push things to stable that would require us to take precautions like moving our ships, maybe a little more forewarning? Like letting us know a stable will drop in the next couple days, rather than hours? I've been out of the house all day, and was only very recently able to even get to my computer to boot up SB.

18. Swiftpaw

Swiftpaw Phantasmal Quasar

19. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

OKAY NOW

After shutting down and starting the game again, I basically inched my Navcomp to the proper coordinates by changing only one numeral at a time in the X & Y. Oy.

So folks, there's a way to get over some of the slowness of Navcomp coordinates. Incremental changes instead of hitting it all in one go.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  20. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

YUSH, new stable update!

I'm glad we don't have to lose anything again. . ^.^