1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Mecharachnid Mk. II v2.3 (p1.2)

Defeat the fearsome Mecharachnid to claim it for yourself! (It's a spider tank)

1. GearlyBoxington

GearlyBoxington Void-Bound Voyager

I can't get the Mission because in my game I updated my ship before doing the first mission so I can't get the Mission to battle the Mecharachnid

2. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

It should just require that the prerequisite quest has been done, not that you need to do the quest with the mod installed. Is no quest appearing at the Custom Sign Shop?

jonathonspy likes this.
  3. GearlyBoxington

No quest is showing.

4. Wellbott

It's likely not loading at all. Is the file nesting correct, i.e. /giraffe_storage/mods/Mecharachnid v0.92 (UG Unstable)/items/ etc, and does the file show up in the mods list on the main menu when you launch?

Also, the tied prerequisite quest is actually the very first tutorial quest right now, with the flashlight and the locker (should update the description...). There might be some custom race or ship mods which override that, if you have any of those.

5. GearlyBoxington

I never got the flashlight due to me upgrading my ship before getting it.

6. Wellbott

Didn't know that was possible. Alright, go to your Starbound folder and find the EXACT path

"/giraffe_storage/mods/Mecharachnid v0.92 (UG Unstable)/quests/outpost/spidermech.questtemplate"

This is just a standard text file despite the extension, so it can be opened with any text editor. Find "tutorial1.gearup" in the file. You can replace this with another quest, and that will become the prerequisite for them Mecharachnid quest. Some options:
    "outpost0.gearup" -> Got the Oxygen Suit tech
    "ftlrepair.gearup" -> Lunar Base mission completed
    "penguinmission3.gearup" -> Defeated Dreadwing and delivered wreckage

7. GearlyBoxington

It's not letting me modify it

8. Wellbott

Yeah, Windows can be a pain about extensions. You can try renaming the file to "spidermech.txt", open it, and rename back to "spidermech.questtemplate". Give the system a very blunt hint.

DEFINITELY not the file file nesting though, right? I packaged the mod poorly, so the intuitive installation method can give you "/mods/Mecharachnid v0.92 (UG Unstable)/Mecharachnid v0.92 (UG Unstable)/...", in which case it just won't work at all.

9. GearlyBoxington

I changed it to a note pad and then I modified it

But it still doesn't work

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  10. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

I would like to use this in my mod pack that will come out soon, as soon as I can get permission from the owner of the Dye Mod. I will be using this in the unstable branch of my mod pack so that people who want to use my mod pack for the unstable build of starbound. I just want to get permission so that I know that you'll allow it. :D
    Thanks...

11. Wellbott

Ok, given

12. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you so much I will hope to get the mod pack out some time soon, although I don't quite know about the Dye Mod which the Avali Mod uses to dye their objects :confused:

EDIT: Also I have a bug to report...
    If you go into the water and you try to get out of the tech by pressing f then it doesn't work and it thinks you're in a block, because when your over water and there is enough blocks under the water for the tech to disable it will start flying down and disappear just above the water, but not on the blocks. So I believe that the lua script thinks that water is a block.
    The log is posted here: http://pastebin.com/ws48Y9nz

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  13. higiro

higiro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

lol i have no idea what you mean by unstable at all

14. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

He means the unstable build of starbound if you go to your steam library and right click on starbound and go to properties. There is a tab called "BETAS" and you can go into there and where the drop down box is on there just select "unstable - More beta than beta"

Wellbott likes this.
  15. Wellbott

jonathonspy likes this.
  16. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

very nice!
    would you consider doing more mech's int he future? i.e a scorpion with 2 or three moves, maybe it can dig as well?

17. Valeriya_Minako

Valeriya_Minako All Chuck Norris backward gets you is Sirron Kcuhc

I actually CHEATED to get the spidermech cause after the Getting the co-ords of the dreadwing quest it gives me the SAIL of Death
    EDIT1:I tried it and it doesn't work it just gives me the body and nothing else
    EDIT2:I was using Ningen race

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  18. boundman897

boundman897 Void-Bound Voyager

Great mod!
    Can Mod-added Races also use this MOD?

19. Valeriya_Minako

Valeriya_Minako All Chuck Norris backward gets you is Sirron Kcuhc

When will you update this ti stable?

20. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

This mod cannot work on the current stable so it will have to be after the current unstable(with the teleporters and pets and all that) gets pushed into the next stable update by ChuckleFish.

jonathonspy and Wellbott like this.