1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

v1.2.5 on Steam 'Test Branch' Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastuleio, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Mirppc

Mirppc Phantasmal Quasar

drat it isnt linux compatable either :(

• Msgtfox

Msgtfox Void-Bound Voyager

Are you guys aware of that one random bug where if you have Command on, and two people open the same box at the same time, one person is stuck?
      For example, my friend Danny opened a box at the same time I did, the same box.
      He got to pick his item, and I was stuck, the box UI didn't open, but I couldn't move, I could only jump, and only use my V ability.
      Pretty much like I was selecting an item.
      And the only way we have found to correct this is to get someone else to get a box to drop near you that you can access which then corrects the issue.
      But it happened twice in 5-6 hours, so you guys might want to focus on finding a better way to do the boxes with command if multiple people rush and use the same box.

• boltface

boltface Space Hobo

coop in 1.2.6

of Step Event2
        for object oEfFlies:

Unable to find any instance for object index '267064' name '<undefined>'
        at gml_Object_oEfFlies_Step_2
        ############################################################################################

• epilis

epilis Intergalactic Tourist

played multiplayer with one other friend last night and ran into another issue I've had in the past:

Both me and him clicked on an opened chest at the same time (Command artifact) and he was able to pick an item but not me. Afterwards, I couldn't move left/right or shoot. Could only jump. I was huntress, so I was able to use her warp.

I think this is caused by the game's netcode when two people hit a chest at the same time and just doesn't know how to correct afterwards.

Another issue (which may be expected) is that certain items will only apply to the person who first acquired it.
          Captain's Brooch: chest only appears near the first person

I can't remember the others without doing a test.

Besides that, it seemed more stable and didn't drop frames as much as it used to. Still needs improvement. Thanks!

• Comply

Comply Space Hobo

I can confirm both of these issues on v1.2.6.

• TheExodus59

TheExodus59 Orbital Explorer

Version 1.2.6 confirmed, The game recognizes my Xbox 360 controller, all buttons function, however the analog sticks have no response. As it turns out my movement is related to the Directional Pad? Right moves me up, Down moves me Left, and Left moves me Right. I can still use all my abilities, jump, activate with X, etc. From reading previous posts it seems this is an issue with Game Maker, will there be a fix for this? Or should I learn to play with keyboard in the mean time? Thanks for the updating!

• TheExodus59

On Magma Barracks using Acrid, Epidemic was chaining everywhere

of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                for object oDot2:

Array index must be < 32000
                at gml_Script_createParticle
                ############################################################################################
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                stack frame is
                gml_Script_createParticle (line 0)
                gml_Script_partHandlerBurst
                gml_Script_draw_damage
                gml_Object_oDot2_Alarm_0

• TheExodus59

Used the Crudely Drawn Buddy item, caused game crash

of Step EventoEfDecoy
                  for object oExplosion:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 294609.reflecting(100445, -2147483648)
                  at gml_Object_oExplosion_Collision_325

• TheExodus59

Final Level, stopped time to kill a bunch of Wandering Vagrants

of Alarm Event for alarm 1
                    for object objClient:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 316673.damage(100030, -2147483648)
                    at gml_Script_proc_client
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    stack frame is
                    gml_Script_proc_client (line 0)
                    gml_Object_objClient_Alarm_1

• RedRazer24

RedRazer24 Space Hobo

Is is just me or are the magma worms a bit OP now? I was playing on glass for about 20 minutes, and 2 popped up, completely smashing me.

PoundingRain likes this.
                      • PoundingRain

PoundingRain Space Hobo

HAHAHA 20 minutes? About 2/5ths of the monsoon games I play, we get obliterated by 2 overloading magma worms in the first level. If we make it to the 3rd without any, we typically do OK. They definitely have MUCH better aim now, pretty much so good that the lightning shock is always guaranteed to hit. The only char I beat them with was Miner. I was level 2, no items, and everyone else was instagibbed. Invulnerability frames ftw. I think having the Elites artifact on makes it more likely for insane bosses to show up.

RedRazer24 likes this.
                        • RedRazer24

RedRazer24 Space Hobo

yeah, having honour (elite artifact) makes all bosses elites. I was on 20 minutes but was on my second loop.

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Uploaded a new build tonight to fix the Crudely Drawn Buddy crash.

Dzumeister likes this.
                            • MirkyD

MirkyD Aquatic Astronaut

BETA version:

This occurred when I was hosting an online coop on the temple. I was commando and had died and the other player was sniper and was just clearing up a few enemies at the end of the teleporter count down.

Otherwise the BETA has been working fine and it seems like you guys are fixing my favourite game! Thanks!
                              of Draw Event
                              for object oArtifact9:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 206089.item_value(100600, -2147483648)
                              at gml_Script_draw_item
                              stack frame is
                              gml_Script_draw_item (line 0)
                              gml_Object_oArtifact9_Draw_0

• Dzumeister

Dzumeister Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yay, glad to hear it :)

This might not happen, but can you guys change Blighted enemies back to being counted as bosses? Having them the way they are now makes them such a pain to fight; the risk of fighting them at early levels isn't worth the reward. I wouldn't even be mad if they could only drop Tier 1 items. Alternative rewards could be huge amounts of EXP or a bigger muney bonus???

• Leth

I did add a feature for the host to send a message to all clients - when 0 Enemies is reached - to kill all monsters client-side... I wonder if that's the cause here...

It looks like it has to do with an artifact? Hmmmm

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

1.2.8, still no controller support...
                                    Just passing by...

• Leth

Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers work (I use them).

For others, perhaps try Joy2Key?

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

My 360 controllers don't work. I have 2 stock and 1 aftermarket and none of them work for RoR.

• Leth

:O