Tool [All versions][Win/Linux] ModPackHelper

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dolan, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Valeriya_Minako

Valeriya_Minako All Chuck Norris backward gets you is Sirron Kcuhc

Really my friend said it was SUPPOSE to be like that so I don't know now

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Anyway your issue is with mods - I suggest installing one mod at a time and run the game.
    If it works -- keep it and add one more. If it doesn't, remove it and add another.

Not all mods work with all versions.

3. Valeriya_Minako

I know that but I tested it with mods that work with the latest versions and they work I kept adding and adding and for now I'm trying to Run the game the loading takes forever I think it's because the number of the mods hold on I need to count......31 mods

EDIT1:Might need to delete some

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

There is another issue you are not considering.
    Certain mods may conflict with one another, so you have to keep watch on 2 fronts.

If 2 mods have similar functions - they may edit the same files.
    Which can cause problems. You will want to avoid such mods.

5. Valeriya_Minako

*is now confused and dizzy* I'm trying to find such mods

6. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I would help if I could only thing I can say is that I have used this program from its first post and have never had any trouble with it that was not my own fault.

7. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

I don't think this works.
    I mean when you try to unpack a modpak file and it stated that it unpacks it and yet there is nothing in the same folder
    with the same name as the modpak file, as well stating that the file cannot be found[which is is a lie].
    I think it's broken.

8. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

Works fine for me
    they're both in the same folder right?

If so I honestly don't know why it doesn't work for you; again it works just fine for me

9. Dolan

Dolan Pangalactic Porcupine

If you are using the last version of the tools (ModPackHelper_v0.9b.bat) on Upbeat Giraffe, then yes, you will find the extracted mod in a folder at the same location with the same name.
    i.e. :
    %\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\MyMod.modpack [File]
    %\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\MyMod [Folder]

If you"re still in trouble paste the content of the "ModPackHelper.log" so that I could try to see what's going wrong.

10. Directionless

Directionless Void-Bound Voyager

A helpful and useful tool to have! Kudos to you

Dolan and Wulf_Oman like this.
  11. SaintBrew

SaintBrew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you it really makes all that work much easier, great tool.

12. Daggercody8

Daggercody8 Poptop Tamer

Well I did that and it doesn't work well its compressed so is that good or bad

13. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Do you mean it's still in a zip file? Unzip it if so...

14. Daggercody8

Daggercody8 Poptop Tamer

its not in one

15. Mackinz

Is it a modpack file?

If so, then installing the mod is as simple as placing the modpack in the mods folder.

Unpacking it, with ModPackHelper, is also simple as long as you have installed MPH correctly.

16. Jitsuryoku

Jitsuryoku Void-Bound Voyager

I just unpacked 2 mods and the files got..... currupted, locked or something like that. The files act as I lost ownership of them and it cannot be reclaimed.
    An interesting thing is, on 2nd modpak i extracted it, moved it out and refreshed the folder. It re-appeared and got locked.
    Doing it with modpacks I haven't touched doesn't cause this behavior.

Any ideas?

Edit: The files actually get deleted when deleted, but something makes them "stay". chkdsk command found no errors and on remounts files vanished.
    By the way, I'm using an SDD, which might have something to do with it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  17. SpaceApple

SpaceApple Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I picked action 0 and went to bed. When I woke up, it still has not finished. Is it supposed to take more than 8 hours?

18. Mackinz

Do you have enough computer memory to unpack almost a gigabyte of assets?

19. SpaceApple

SpaceApple Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is 4gb enough?

20. Mackinz

Is 4 gigs your total remaining memory? I do not mean RAM, I mean how much room you have left to save things. Like, how I still have a terrabyte of memory left, but only 7.8 gigs of RAM.

If you do have 4 gigs of memory, then memory should not be a problem - Stable Starbound is a little over a gig of assets, and Unstable Starbound is around 0.8 gigs.