1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Easter Eggs and References

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Nutric, Nov 30, 2014.

?

Do you think Easter Eggs have a place in Starbound?

1. Yes!

95.7%
  2. Don't Think So...

4.3%
  1. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

I know this doesn't really count as an Easter Egg but I thought it was a really neat chance encounter. I found a Prison Dungeon and found...
    Jinx from League of Legends. At least she's in the right place.
    [​IMG]

Taking a second look at this it didn't look nearly as close as when I saw it the first time but thought it was neat enough.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. Belowiko

Belowiko Space Spelunker

Well, there is a Portal easter egg in Abonded Apex Laborotories, where it says level 1, its a direct reference to starbound, i also think that Apex might be a reference to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes where the Apes, get really smart, smarter than humans.

I am pretty sure there are a lot more references and easter eggs for us to find out, personally i literally buy games to find easter eggs and get all the achievements or find something unique.

P.S Sorry i cant connect the links between the movies, because i am new to the forums, just google it, i would love to give the straight link to the names.

~Enanov

3. BurningSprite

BurningSprite Big Damn Hero

4. Belowiko

Belowiko Space Spelunker

Ryani7e likes this.
  5. BurningSprite

6. Black_Ops_CTR

Black_Ops_CTR Space Spelunker

I found one no one else has.
    Under the outpost there is a guy hidden there that has a quest for you.
    Check out my video to see what i am talking about

7. PyreStarite

From the name Black Ops I should have expected a squeaky. And did you record this by putting a camera in front of your Monitor?!
    Anyways this is a nice find but what is the reference here? I'm also going to do you a favor.

@braydon , I forbid you from commenting about this post.

Now I'm going to see this for myself.

EDIT: I can confirm this, it does exist in Upbeat Giraffe and if it was hard to hear in video or somethin' he's asking for 10 climbing ropes so he can climb back out and the reward is his hat.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  8. Black_Ops_CTR

Black_Ops_CTR Space Spelunker

Thank you and in a way yes i did kind of record the pc screen. I hooked my laptop up to my tv and recorded it.
    It looks "like" the monster from Insidious

Attached Files:

9. Net_Creator

Net_Creator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So many references and easter eggs. I love them. :D The banjo reference was new to me, though.:geek: Favorite one is definitely the Link hat, though. Who doesn't want to run around with the hero of time's santa-elf-hat flapping around in the wind (or water) as they fight aliens? :O Gotta try to find those Dredmor diggles...

10. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

I feel like we need an organized list for these easter eggs--there's far to many of them.
    Would anyone be willing to set up a wiki page for them?

Would just like to point out...

11. PyreStarite

Yes, but...

We got down there Legit via grapple and you admin flew down there so...gr

12. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

My god.

Look what I found.

upload_2015-4-15_11-11-16.png
    Human inspection: "This cartoon character seems familiar. Wait... is that Big Ape?"

13. BurningSprite

14. Repureya

Repureya Master Chief

15. Malfar

Malfar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Has anyone mentioned the flamethrower sword yet? It's called the Firestorm's Fury, a reference to DC Comics character and comic series. The character is Firestorm (was even featured in DC's Legends of Tomorrow, although a toned down version) and the comics are called The Fury of the Firestorm.

The Squid likes this.
  16. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I saw this kind of strange place when I explore the Hylotl ruin in the deep of the ocean. Is that a "mini village" or maybe "town" if I am not mistaken? It makes me feel creepy and curious. I mean, what is that for? Who build it? And who in the universe would build a "mini village" in the deep of the ocean? Can anyone explain this?
    [​IMG]
    (i took this image at starbounder.org, I have a problem with giving you the screenshot, I have a problem with WiFi at home, I hope you don't mind)

17. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I can't explain it, but u can find those on most planets if you go to a certain depth and look around. Even more creepy is the fact that breaking the houses drop balls of gnomes :(

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  18. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Hmm... interesting. I think I should go back there and find it out. Anyway, thanks friend!

The Squid likes this.