1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fully Customizable Ship 2.0 Upbeat Giraffe Beta

Lets you customize your ship block by block

1. Kaichu

Kaichu Intergalactic Tourist

I am trying to download the 2.0 Upbeat Giraffe version, but every download option here, including the mirror, the main page's download button, and the download button beside 2.0 in the Version History page all provide me with FCSModV1.1.EK.zip, which looks to be Version 1.1 Enraged Koala.

Perhaps the name was just not changed since the last update, but placing this in my (mods) folder is having no effect on new characters I create; I'm beginning in the default, not breakable ship.

Any help you can offer me?

2. bataylor2000

bataylor2000 Space Spelunker

does it have ningen support

3. Princeofmar5

Princeofmar5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does it show the wooden ship or is it the old ship? If possible send me your log file.

The block limit is pretty big, I can't modify that, however it eventually does wrap around.[DOUBLEPOST=1426083987][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That's very strange but would explain a lot. I'll try reuploading.

4. Princeofmar5

Princeofmar5 updated Fully Customizable Ship with a new update entry:

Reuploaded

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1426084284][/DOUBLEPOST]Until further notice please use the mirror link provided. Updates don't seem to be updating the download.

5. JasonPanic

JasonPanic Space Penguin Leader

Question
    Why would anyone use this mod when the MadTulip mod add's more blocks into the game as well as having completed textures and add's more NCP'S and add's blocks with corner registry allowing better build's and more things to build to the game.
    Also with the addition to all these models and blocks it even use's the same ram and CPU power for the computer it makes no sense.
    Can someone please explain why?[DOUBLEPOST=1426092829][/DOUBLEPOST]
    if you are using steam you just broke your game and need to wipe the files manually from your computer then uninstall starbound and reinstall it

6. Kaichu

I was drawn to this one because it functions with vanilla multiplayer. This means I can use this, keep the normal game otherwise, and still play with my friends. I'm new to modding this game, but I've modded other games before; as far as I know, the mod you described would limit me to only playing on servers with that mod installed.[DOUBLEPOST=1426126543][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks for this. It was confusing me, and I'm glad to know my confusion was justified.

I just downloaded this version, placed the mod in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods where the game put my mods folder to begin with, and started a new character. I'm still seeing the original ship. What am I doing wrong here?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  7. Drakkar

Drakkar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's another mod that has it set to 256x256. I require, at the very least, 400 wide and 200 high for building a replica of a ship. Is this one's "canvas" large enough?

8. JasonPanic

JasonPanic Space Penguin Leader

9. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you're referring to mine, it's 2048 blocks wide. I'm fairly certain that this is also 2048 blocks wide.

It wraps at 2048 blocks so you'll be safe at like 1800 blocks wide or so and likely won't see the other side of your ship.

Drakkar likes this.
  10. Kaichu

OK, I managed to get the mod working.. I started a new character and had the wooden ship. But, as soon as I beat the mining facility and got the ability to get to other solar systems, it gave me a vanilla, unbreakable ship again.

What did I do wrong this time?

11. cyborgzangoose

cyborgzangoose Orbital Explorer

Are You Able To Remove The Ship Parts? (a.k.a thrusters, ship locker, fuel hatch and captains chair?):poke:

12. Darkarma

Darkarma Phantasmal Quasar

Any quest/mission that makes alterations to your ship such as unlocking features will/may overwrite your ship worldfile. You may have to re-replace the shipworld file with the one provided by the mod..

13. Kaichu

I don't think the newest version came with the worldfiles for ships, since existing characters are not supported by this version yet. I don't see a shipworld file in the folder provided.

14. Darkarma

Darkarma Phantasmal Quasar

Create a new character, grab a copy of their ship world file and rename it to match yours? That should fix it.

15. MiroslavAliyeva

MiroslavAliyeva Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  16. Sonnitude

Sonnitude Void-Bound Voyager

Whoops! Erm... Had the wrong version the whole time, awesome mod though!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  17. Princeofmar5

For those who have an issue with the mining facility replacing the ship, is it just one race that has that problem or any race? To get the mod to work perfectly I may have to go in and edit some of the quest files so they don't affect the ship.

18. Drakkar

Drakkar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I still wonder how I can make a ship for an already-existing character

19. DevanWade

DevanWade Tentacle Wrangler

Soooooo... how about uninstalling? Great mod and all but is it possible to get my original ship back now that ive uninstalled it?

20. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Yes, just delete your current shipworld save and reboot the game.

DevanWade likes this.