1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali - Compound Tech Bow v1.1

Adds an Avali-themed bow to the game. Includes an animated weapon mount version!

1. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Stable is Enraged Koala, nightly is Rampaging Koala

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

duuuuude!... remember i couldnt get it to work? it worked out of randomness... dunno i just downloaded the file again just now and is working! gotta say... its FAR better than i thought it would be (hehe) its awesome :3 my favorite ranged weapon now! just made a new avali JUST for this weapon!

3. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Lol thanks - it may have been an issue with this forums as well - Chucklefish has had some issues with the host in the past. Anyways, glad it's working for ya! :]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  4. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

5. Ulithium_Dragon

I did see that - I'd have to look into how to friggin mod again, since the whole system has changed (all code files need to be completely re-written), so it may or may not take me a bit...

6. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon updated Avali - Compound Tech Bow with a new update entry:

Updated for Upbeat Giraffe

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

I don't know what goes wrong, but your mod (and some others that were updated from Koala) keep making me have forest biome error. This is strange...

8. Ulithium_Dragon

Well, I can say with 100% certainty that it's nothing to do with my mod. Not only does it not add or alter ANYTHING to do with world gen, but my mod's "merge" file only adds 8 recipes, editing no vanilla assets. It must be some other mods. I would suggest checking the ones that have universe config files (meaning they alter terrain/world gen).

9. carriontrooper

Yeah, already tracked it to Food Recipes mod, although I'll be darned if I know what actually makes the conflict.

10. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

It's known to clash a lot with other mods (mine's included). :confused:

11. Ya_baton

Ya_baton Big Damn Hero

How to craft aerogel ?

12. carriontrooper

You need to have the Avali race mod installed, find an Avali Lathe and steal it.

13. Ya_baton

Ya_baton Big Damn Hero

I have Lathe but recipe is missing

14. carriontrooper

Ah, forgot to say, make some Graphite first from coal in the Lathe, then you can make Aerogel from Graphite.

15. Ya_baton

Ya_baton Big Damn Hero

it doesnt work
    2015-03-17_00001.jpg

16. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Note to all: Search the mods for "Avali (Triage)". I've release a more updated version that includes more fixes and functionality.

17. Ulithium_Dragon

I will edit the link in my description to point to Avali (Triage). I did read that the earlier versions of your unofficial update had issues with recipes for non-Avali races, so I assume that's what they were referring to.

I don't know why I wasn't getting informed about all these replies - I am properly subscribed to this thread. Something about the alerts system on this site seems very broken - I had to keep refreshing it to get alerts on the Official Avali thread - they kept dropping randomly...

Fevix likes this.
  18. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

I get the same thing and it is generally on threads that have a lot of activity, if you miss one alert on that thread, it will not give you any more alerts for that thread until you check the thread again. I generally click on the "watched threads" button every once in a while to make sure there weren't updated threads I was missing due to buggy alerts.

19. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Yeah, the system only gives you one thread update per visit. Essentially, if you have a buried notification somewhere for a thread, you won't get any more notifications for that thread.

20. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

Hello! I've a recommendation for the balancing the bow's ammunition! Instead of an explosion, perhaps you could make it similar to the function of Avali weapons in general? Make it, on impact, play the Avali weapon hit animation (the one with the shards breaking off) and make it cause a bleeding damage of some kind, that amounts to a damage of, say, 10% of the victim's total health, whilst nerfing the impact damage to half it's current.

Avali blade weapons are designed with shrapnel damage in mind, sections of the blade shearing off to reveal a sharp edge underneath each layer, so it'd make sense that a bow would work similar.
    This all being said, the Avali throwing spear desc says 'A traditional hunting pilum, the shank is designed to shatter inside the target.' Perhaps the bow uses a version of this that is entirely Areogel?