1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ground-Penetrating Radar Station v1.45 (p1.2)

A machine which scans and displays your surrounding environment.

1. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

Nice update, but there are still more ways it can be improved. For example, you could make a more expensive hand-held version of the station and also make it so that we can change the position during loading. Say, for example, you're on coordinates X0 Y0 and you want to go X1000 Y-500 without moving there. That would take a lot of time to do, cause it'd load the environment every time you move it a little. So basically what I'm saying is if you could make it so that we can also move the scanning location during the loading screen and make it load it again, cause the environment would've changed.

2. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

3. Xren

Xren Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello I'd like to report a bug the aegisalt ore when clicked on the map have wrong name they are named as "unknown"

4. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

This is freaking brilliant! Holy crap.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  5. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

Thanks! There must be a typo.[DOUBLEPOST=1422968769][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sure, if you can get it to work decently. I'm still trying to think of a rendering system for a tech or item which doesn't sacrifice too much power for efficiency.[DOUBLEPOST=1422968981][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That's fair. Why did I lock player input while loading again? Seemed like a good idea. Responsiveness will never be a strong point of this item though, since to get an economical display the script has to run very slowly. Quirk of the scriptCanvas implementation.[DOUBLEPOST=1422969098][/DOUBLEPOST]
    -!!!- There should be some errors at the bottom of your /giraffe_storage/starbound.log file. Could you post those?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  6. Ramses von Deweh

Ramses von Deweh Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does this work with multiplayer if both players have the mod?

7. Wellbott

II think if everybody and the server has the mod, it'll work. It's possible that you'll be able to notice when another player uses one though.

8. goldsoul

goldsoul Big Damn Hero

can you also make the gdr read chest?

9. Afflicted One

Afflicted One Phantasmal Quasar

This mod is amazing, one thing though... I would recommend not making it 3D printable.

10. GLord

GLord Big Damn Hero

this is insanely useful. much better than digging aimlessly hoping for a cave.

one question thoughh is it possible for it to mark or otherwise distinguish underground mini biomes?

11. Sharp57

Sharp57 Orbital Explorer

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I totally forgot to check. Here's the LOONG error report I found.

"
    [12:50:28.413] Error: Exception caught loading asset: /objects/generic/gprmap/gprconsolegui.config, (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /objects/generic/gprmap/gprconsolegui.config
    StarException::StarException(string, exception)
    AssetException::AssetException(string, exception)
    _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadVariant(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
    Assets::processAssetData(function<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> ()>)
    Assets::loadVariant(String)
    Assets::loadAsset(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::doLoad(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::getAsset(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::variant(String)
    Assets::fetchVariant(Variant, String)
    ScriptConsole::ScriptConsole(shared_ptr<UniverseClient>, int, Variant)
    MainInterface::handleInteractAction(InteractAction)
    ClientApplication::updateRunning()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Caused by: (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/generic/gprmap/gprconsolegui.config'
    AssetException::AssetException(string)
    Assets::read(String)
    Assets::readVariant(String)
    _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadVariant(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
    _SDL_main
    _console_main"

12. Wellbott

Odd, seems your game was having trouble reading one of the files. I'd delete the mod folder and reinstall, try it again.

13. Sharp57

Sharp57 Orbital Explorer

I did as you instructed (nice VU on the Console btw) and it crashed again as soon as I attempted to use the device. :(

[22:46:48.798] Error: Exception caught loading asset: /objects/generic/gprmap/gprconsolegui.config, (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /objects/generic/gprmap/gprconsolegui.config
    StarException::StarException(string, exception)
    AssetException::AssetException(string, exception)
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Caused by: (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/generic/gprmap/gprconsolegui.config'
    AssetException::AssetException(string)
    Assets::read(String)
    Assets::readVariant(String)
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

EDIT: Looks to be the same error

14. Wellbott

That it does. Man, why can't it read that file? "string exception", "string exception". The file's fine... it isn't like you aren't running Upbeat giraffe. That's the entirety of the error? I can get similar ones by sabotaging that file, but it includes lines like

Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 19:8

15. Sharp57

Sharp57 Orbital Explorer

Well there are two additional paragraphs of files but they site said something about "slipper URLs" so I had to delete portions of the error message until it would let me post it.

16. Wellbott

Huh. Well put the entire log in a pastebin and I can read that. --- Nevermind, saw the message.

17. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

This thing is really awesome. It'd be great if there were a version of it that could be portable so you didn't have to place it down every time you wanted to use it, but it's still pretty great.

That being said...I found a bug, where i accidentally picked the thing up while/before i was exiting out of the radar screen...and it 'reloaded' the screen, while picking up the station...but the radar screen was completely unresponsive and black.

On top of that, I couldn't do any movement or anything like that, so I had to forcibly exit the game. I'm not really sure where the cause for it is, but there may need to be some sort of error catch that makes the screen auto-close if the item that opened it is no longer placed anymore, or something (like chests and other containers do).

18. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

19. Wellbott

I'm waiting on the next stable update right now. Then I'll be able to make the Mapper recognize all buried ores, from any mod, provided the mod author isn't a dingus with their naming schemes.

Inny and DarthTrethon like this.
  20. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

OK this is flat out polar bear ball bag cool, I recall some one trying to do this along time ago but it was only for the seen screen radius. I'm shock each and every day by what modders pull out of there hat. Well done Brah Well done indeed :)