1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Any idea what would cause less conflicts with other mods and or itself?

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

The only knowm conflict is with Frackin' Universe, and that is graphene. As I think it would be stupid for both mods to have a different version of graphene in coding, I don't think that renaming the itemname is ideal so I will probably have to start including an FU-compatible version until Chucklefish makes duplicate itemname conflicts not require deletions.

3. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

I was trying to add the Avali grapple located in the tools section of the mod, but I couldn't figure it out. With Fevix's post I think I found out what is wrong. Its not located in the .species, so I'll tinker some more when I get home.

4. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

The Grapple is a work-in-progress and all of the fixes people made for it aren't even updated.

5. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

I've seen stuff done where they have a recipe for converting things back and fourth between different versions of an item. Like, say, in the mod, if you pick up FFGraphene you learn recipes for turning it to Avali graphene, and vice versa.
    It could work.

MrChow likes this.
  6. GROVER CURES HOUSES

GROVER CURES HOUSES Void-Bound Voyager

Which would still involve having two items that are identical. The only real solution ATM is to export graphene and have both mods reference that external graphene instead.

7. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, that's the best "solution", but it would require a prerequisite mod for either FF or the Avali to function.
    A recipe learned on pickup is a hotfix so it doesn't result in "oh man i'm out of avali graphene but i have plenty of ff graphene".

8. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Okay, another patch.
    Credits:
    Base mod - RyuujinZero
    UG Update - Mackinz
    Lathe fix - Mackinz
    AM1 fix - Marxon

*Fixed Lathe to not require blueprints, thus permitting crafting of graphene, aerogel, etc.,
    *Fixed the Firelances not to kill you when shooting (Untested, someone test for me?)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23659259/Modpacks/Avali/avali.zip
    Remember to remove the previous Avali installation before installing this one.

I'm willing to continue with patches like this until Ryuu gives an official update.

I actually fixed this by deleting FU's graphene.item and everything worked fine. The FU recipes now call on the Avali Graphene instead of FU graphene, and any FU graphene you had before should become the Avali graphene.
    Edit: You can also use FU's recipe(s) for graphene still, and they'll work just fine, they'll just spit out Avali graphene instead.

Mackinz likes this.
  9. Mackinz

While you're at it, could you tackle fixing the recipes for the tier 5 through 10 armors? I reorganized their order when I was updating the mod, and the recipes are supposedly unfixed.

Also, could you add the Avali AI body images (for the nanosuits) into the files too?

10. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I thought about adding the AI body images (And possibly that AI mod, too), but I wasn't sure if their creators wanted them distributed like that.

As for the recipes, not entirely sure what you mean, reorganization shouldn't have an impact on them, unless you messed with names. I'll take this to PMs so we don't clog up the forum.

11. Mackinz

I'm sure... Devanni? and myself would be perfectly okay with that.

Well, I'm just remembering this post.

12. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

13. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Don't install the A.V.I.A.N. mod, we don't have permission to alter those files for our own use.

^ I am sure you mean my AI mod...

I am fine with it.

Want me to install the newest unofficial update and put the AI and tech AI's in there?

14. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Just send the files my way, I'll merge them into the mod.

Edit: Is it just the female files you've finished thus far? Or have you gotten male files and unsuited files ready?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  15. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Devani likes this.
  16. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Did you put the dungeon folder back into the avali 2 folder before you uploaded to dropbox? I don't see where it is.

17. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I could have sworn I did that one. I must only have it on my local copy. In that case, it'll for sure be there in the next update, but this is something I'd rather make sure works before I push it out. I thought I forgot to remove it from the folder before zipping and shipping.

Update: Looks like we won't be getting the dungeons back for some time. This is a file 22,000 characters long and I'm trying to hunt down what may be a single syntax error.
    UPDATE 2: Thanks to capt_slowpoke in the modding IRC channel, I now know how to properly figure out where the errors are! Turns out there were a whole bunch of syntax errors. Enough of them are fixed now that the dungeons spawn in, but they don't have any of the objects or NPCs.
    Update 3: Treasurepools updated to the new system. If only I could get the chests to spawn in so they could go in there.
    Update 4: I'm at my limit for tonight. Proud of what I've accomplished thus far, but still not able to get further quite yet. I'll take a harder look at it tomorrow, see if I can't figure out what's happening.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  18. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Oh man, I don't envy you. Java and its silly syntax errors... I recommend running it through a validation service. There are some nice ones you can use that are browser-based, like this one: http://www.jslint.com/

19. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

It's clean now. It's just... not spawning the Objects, like the tent slopes or the weapon racks.

20. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Maybe check the objects? One thing I noticed that changed was that the keyword for "interactible" was changed to "loungable" in the last update for things like chairs, and all other "interactibles" (like lights) became the default class. At least that's what the log file was telling me when it errored out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.